What's new

‘Admitting you are a secularist can get you killed in Pakistan’

@LoveIcon secularism is nothing I have been communist sometime ago but I thanked to Allah he blessed me & I believed on Islam again ... Then Allah ka Shukar I studied Islam & I found right path ..

Last edited by a moderator:
Advent of Islam in Pakistan goes back to when Mohamed bin Qassim invaded Sindh in 711 AD. However Islam in Kashmir arrived nearly 500 years later thus it more convenient to look at the conversion of the Kashmiris. I have a couple books on the history of Kashmir including one by Prof Mohammed Ashraf Wane, Dean, Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Kashmir, Sri Nagar.

Since history written by a Muslim can also be considered biased towards the sect/ maslak that he belongs, I prefer to refer to Cambridge History of India (chapter edited by LT. Col. Sir Wolseley Haig and An Outline of the History of Kashmir (Prof. L. N. Dhar 1994)

Since the authors have no axe to grind to falsify the events in favour of one band of Muslim or another, Islamization of Kashmir in the history written by a non-Muslim is probably closer to the truth.

Until 1372 Kashmir was still non-Muslim. Shah Mirza, an adventurer from Swat, who in 1315 entered the service of Sinha Deva, a chieftain who had established his authority in the valley of Kashmir. Sinha Deva was overthrown and slain by Rainchan (or Rinchin,) from Laddakh, converted to Islam by Bulbul Shah, a Sufi of the Suharwardy order in 1323. . On Rainchan's death Udayana Deva, a scion of the old royal house, who had found an asylum in Kishtwar during the ursurpation, returned to the valley, married Kota Devi, Rainchan's widow, and ascended the throne. After Udayana death, Shah Mirza; a minister under Rainchin married Kota Devi and ascended the throne in 1346, under the title of Sultan Shamsuddin. Prof Dhar claims that the marriage was forced and Kota Devi imprisoned soon after.

Shah Mir dynasty rule Kashmir for 222 years. This period is one of the most important in the annals of Kashmir, in as much as Islam was firmly established here. The Shah Mir dynasty has given us only two rulers, who are worthy of mention. One is Sultan Shihabud-din, and the second is the great Sultan Zain-ul-Abdin. The former ascended the throne in 1354, and continued to rule till 1373. He was full of energy and vigour and he was able to establish his sway over the neighbouring countries. His army mainly consisted of Damras, Lavans and the hill tribes of Poonch, Rajapuri and Kishtwar. The important commanders who served under him were both Hindus and Muslims, such as Chandra-Damra, Laula Damara, Shura, Syed Hassan and Abdul Raina. At the begining of his reign, Shihabuddin led an army to Sindh and defeated its ruler. While returning he defeated Afghans near Peshawar and then he conquered Kabul, Ghazni, Qandhar, Pakhali, Swat and Multan. He invaded Badakshan, and then marched towards Dardistan and Gilgit, which he easily conquered. Then he marched towards Baluchistan and Ladhak. This led to the annexation of Laddhak and Baltistan, which were claimed by the Kashgar ruler. Shihabud-din was not only a great conqueror but also an able administrator, and he governed his kingdom with firmness and justice. He was tolerant ruler and treated his Hindu subjects generously.

The next ruler was Sultan Qutab-ud-din, and in whose time the only important event worth mentioning is the arrival of said Ali Hamdani, who was the most remarkable personality of the then Muslim world. At the time of his third visit he got with himself 700 Syeds from Hamdan, who were being out to torture by Timur, ruler of Persia. These syeds established their centres of missonery activities in different parts of the valley. In 1389, Qutab-ud-din died, and he was succeeded by his eldest son Sultan-Sikandar. It was in the time of this Sultan, that the political atmosphere of the state was vitiated. Whereas all former rulers had followed a policy of religious toleration, the new Sultan like Aurangazeb was a man of puritan temperament. He banned all gay celebrations and would not listen to music even. He imposed Jizia upon Hindus and stopped them to use tilak on their fore-heads. Writes M. Hassan: "In their misplaced zeal for their faith, Sikandar and his minister Saif-ud-din (who was originally a Hindu) were also responsible for the destruction of images and temples." Almost all the Muslim chroniclers speak of the wholesale destruction of Hindu shrines including the 'Martand' Temple, and forcible conversion of Hindus to Islam. Thousands of Hindus fled to India to save their religion and holy books, and also to escape the wrath of the Sultan.

Shahi-Khan or Sultan Zain-ul-Abidin, ascended the throne in 1420 A. D. and ruled up to 1470 A. D. nearly for half a century. His accession to the throne, proved to be the return of a bright and warm day after a cold and a chilly night. In the words of Pandit Anand Kaul: "possessed of a broad and tolerant outlook, with a desire to benefit mankind, he ruled with such equity, and justice and did so much to improve the material prosperity of the people, that one cannot fail to admire him, his benevolent rule demands special homage in as much as he lived in a period when he had no worthy and enlightened contemporary to emulate. In the world around him, he could have little to help him. He was a potentate encouraged to be tyrannical and selfish by tradition, and especially by the examples of his father, Sultan Sikander. Zain-ul-Abidin was deservedly surnamed Budshah or the great King. In spite of 5 centuries having rolled by since he ruled, his name is still remembered with genuine reverence and gratitude. Take the name of Budshah before a Kashmiri, and at once with a happy countenance he will rhyme it with Pad-Shah ". Writes another modern historian M. Hassan: “of all the Sultans who sat on the throne of Kashmir, Zainulabidin was undoubtedly the greatest. He ushered in a period of nearly half a century of peace, prosperity, and benevolent rule for his people. He introduced many arts and crafts for which Kashmir has become famous ever since. He promoted learning, music and painting and made Kashmir the centre of great culture. He won the loyalty and affection of his subjects who called him Budshah or the great king, a name by which he is remembered even to day by the people of Kashmir. He acquired a halo in popular imagination which still surrounds his name inspite of the lapse of nearly 500 years."

One of the most outstanding features of his administration was the just and liberal treatment of the Hindus, who were not only allowed complete freedom of worship, but the Sultan recalled all those who had fled to India in the time of his father. He allowed those Hindus who had forcibly been converted, to return to their former religion. The Sultan banned cow slaughter and permitted the repair and rebuilding of the temples at government expenses. He granted lands to learned Brahmins, endowed temples and for Hindu pilgrims visiting holy places in the valley he opened a royal kitchen at Rainawari known even now as Jogi Lanker. Jiziya was almost abolished and the Sultan participated in Hindu festivals and entertained Brahmins and Sadhus on auspicious days. Some of his important Hindu ministers were the famous physician Shri Bhat, Tilakacharya, Simha Bhat, Ruppa Bhat, Karupar Bhat and Shrivara. At the same time Sultan was a great patron of men of letters such as Syed Mohammud Rumi, Syed Ahmad Rumi, Quazi Syed Ali Shirazi, Qazi Jamal and Maulana Kabir to mention only a few. The Sultan had also established a translation department where important works were translated from Sanskrit into Persian and Arabic. The Sultan opened schools and hostels for the students. It is for encouragement of arts and crafts that Kashmir

From the above it can be concluded that conversion of Kashmiri population to Islam was brought about thru the missionary efforts of Syed Ali Hamadani and the imported Syed’s. Even the first King was converted by a Sufi called Bulbul shah. Nevertheless Honourable Patriot’ post consider Sufis akin to kafirs and insist that it was the mujahids who converted non-believers to Islam.

Dr Mubarak Ali, the foremost historian of Pakistan (also editor of the quarterly journal Taarikh ) states that there has been conscious effort in Pakistan to delink our history from the subcontinent and instead link it to the Middle East. The situation got worse staring the bigot Zia era and the comments by the Hon. Patriot quoted above indicate that our young men are taught total lies in the name of history.

When educated and intelligent members of this forum believe a pack of lies as absolute truth, it explains why so many illiterate youths can be brainwashed into committing suicide by a bunch of bloodthirsty cut throat who have distorted Islam beyond recognition.

Finally, I would be intellectually dishonest if I don’t admit that some concept of Sufism appear to be contradictory to orthodox Islam. However there have been Sufis such as AL Hassan al Basry (died 728) and my favourite Syed Abdul Qadar Gilani (d 1166) who preached orthodoxy. This was before Araby (died 1240) era when the Sufi philosophies such as Wahdatal Wujud and Wahdat ul Shahood etc were developed. Nevertheless to deny contribution of the Sufis towards spread of Islam in Central and South Asia is nothing except bigotry.

Interesting, so the Muslim is not a reflection of Islam? have I understood you correctly? - More Real as opposed to unreal Islam?

This is so really elusive stuff, this Islam - no one knows it, can they even know it? after all how can the human know the Divine, except in entirely human terms - One wonders if there is disappointment in halls of heaven

yes unfortunately muslims are only by name muslims since long. (except few), they lost their vision, they stuck in wrong direction, cant you see around u what is happening, islam is more deeper than entire universe, but we just lost true vision.

Muhammad (pbuh) Words
"MAN ARAFA NAFSAHU FAQAD ARAFA RABBAHU"
Jis nay apnay nafs ko pehchaana usne apne Rab ko pehchaana

"If you could get rid of yourself just once,
the secret of secrets would open to you."
Rumi-

yes unfortunately muslims are only by name muslims since long. (except few), they lost their vision, they stuck in wrong direction, cant you see around u what is happening, islam is more deeper than entire universe, but we just lost true vision.

Muhammad (pbuh) Words
"MAN ARAFA NAFSAHU FAQAD ARAFA RABBAHU"
Jis nay apnay nafs ko pehchaana usne apne Rab ko pehchaana

"If you could get rid of yourself just once,
the secret of secrets would open to you."
Rumi-

Real Islam and true vision - lost and therefore - let me just cut to the chase how many Muzloums dead will it take to rediscover this real Islam and true vision??

Real Islam and true vision - lost and therefore - let me just cut to the chase how many Muzloums dead will it take to rediscover this real Islam and true vision??

few deep breaths and a commitment to find light inside your self, that's all what is required, nothing more for now

few deep breaths and a commitment to find light inside your self, that's all what is required, nothing more for now

Oh, well - and I guess the regular say something arabic and we just bury the bodies - Please immortal, I trusted you to make sense, to have a heart -

Definitions in Urdu

Secular اِس جَہان يا مادّی اشيا سے مُتعلِق ۔ دُنيوی ۔ لادينی ۔ مَذہَبی يا مُقَدَّس حَوالے سے خالی ۔

Secularist اِخلاقِيات کا قائل ۔ لا دين ۔ غَير مَذہَبی ۔

Secularism لادينِيَت ۔ لا دينی جَذبَہ يا رُجحانات ۔

If we go by the definition than what the author is portraying in the article is incorrect. Admitting you are a secularist does not get you killed in Pakistan.

But

Openly stating that you does not like to see religion Or
You have an agenda in hand to eliminate (in this case Islam) from the affairs of the state can get you in trouble. That is a fact.

Oh, well - and I guess the regular say something arabic and we just bury the bodies - Please immortal, I trusted you to make sense, to have a heart -
we speak through our experience, so i really believe in what i said, that is a cure for all, if we actually do it.

as Iqbal said.
Jab iss angara-e-khaaki main hota hai yaqeen paida,
Tou ker leta hai ye baal-o-per-e-rooh ul Amin paida.

(Meanings: Angara-e-Khaaki = Human being; Yaqeen = Faith; baal-o-per =
Qualities; Rooh ul Amin = Angel Gabriel (Jibraeel)

My Friend i dont know it makes sense or not, but i am telling you truth.

-The Mystery is You, the vast Divine unknown is You-

Definitions in Urdu

Secular اِس جَہان يا مادّی اشيا سے مُتعلِق ۔ دُنيوی ۔ لادينی ۔ مَذہَبی يا مُقَدَّس حَوالے سے خالی ۔

Secularist اِخلاقِيات کا قائل ۔ لا دين ۔ غَير مَذہَبی ۔

Secularism لادينِيَت ۔ لا دينی جَذبَہ يا رُجحانات ۔

If we go by the definition than what the author is portraying in the article is incorrect. Admitting you are a secularist does not get you killed in Pakistan.

But

Openly stating that you does not like to see religion Or
You have an agenda in hand to eliminate (in this case Islam) from the affairs of the state can get you in trouble. That is a fact.

Right … Wherever you would find its definition … It will be the same … No contradiction in it … This article shows to Muslims as terrorist … Is there MQM not a secular party … And what about PPP & ANP..??? Their workers do their activities freely in all over in Pakistan ..

@LoveIcon secularism is nothing I have been communist sometime ago but I thanked to Allah he blessed me & I believed on Islam again ... Then Allah ka Shukar I studied Islam & I found right path ..

What is secularism? What's the purpose of this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is complete Hadith
Sir I have posted the Last sermon many times read that

“O People, lend me an attentive ear, for I know not whether after this year, I shall ever be amongst you again. Therefore listen to what I am saying to you very carefully and TAKE THESE WORDS TO THOSE WHO COULD NOT BE PRESENT HERE TODAY.

O People, just as you regard this month, this day, this city as Sacred, so regard the life and property of every Muslim as a sacred trust. Return the goods entrusted to you to their rightful owners. Hurt no one so that no one may hurt you. Remember that you will indeed meet your LORD, and that HE will indeed reckon your deeds. ALLAH has forbidden you to take usury (interest), therefore all interest obligation shall henceforth be waived. Your capital, however, is yours to keep. You will neither inflict nor suffer any inequity. Allah has Judged that there shall be no interest and that all the interest due to Abbas ibn ‘Abd’al Muttalib (Prophet’s uncle) shall henceforth be waived…

Beware of Satan, for the safety of your religion. He has lost all hope that he will ever be able to lead you astray in big things, so beware of following him in small things.

O People, it is true that you have certain rights with regard to your women, but they also have rights over you. Remember that you have taken them as your wives only under Allah’s trust and with His permission. If they abide by your right then to them belongs the right to be fed and clothed in kindness. Do treat your women well and be kind to them for they are your partners and committed helpers. And it is your right that they do not make friends with any one of whom you do not approve, as well as never to be unchaste.

O People, listen to me in earnest, worship ALLAH, say your five daily prayers (Salah), fast during the month of Ramadan, and give your wealth in Zakat. Perform Hajj if you can afford to.

All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over black nor a black has any superiority over white except by piety (taqwa) and good action. Learn that every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and that the Muslims constitute one brotherhood. Nothing shall be legitimate to a Muslim which belongs to a fellow Muslim unless it was given freely and willingly. Do not, therefore, do injustice to yourselves.

Remember, one day you will appear before ALLAH and answer your deeds. So beware, do not stray from the path of righteousness after I am gone.

O People, NO PROPHET OR APOSTLE WILL COME AFTER ME AND NO NEW FAITH WILL BE BORN. Reason well, therefore, O People, and understand words which I convey to you. I leave behind me two things, the QURAN and my example, the SUNNAH and if you follow these you will never go astray.

All those who listen to me shall pass on my words to others and those to others again; and may the last ones understand my words better than those who listen to me directly. Be my witness, O ALLAH, that I have conveyed your message to your people”.

(Reference: See Al-Bukhari, Hadith 1623, 1626, 6361) Sahih of Imam Muslim also refers to this sermon in Hadith number 98. Imam al-Tirmidhi has mentioned this sermon in Hadith nos. 1628, 2046, 2085. Imam Ahmed bin Hanbal has given us the longest and perhaps the most complete version of this sermon in his Masnud, Hadith no. 19774.)

One can heed words of wisdom and guidelines from the last sermon (khutbah) of the prophet (SAWS). His sermons emphasized on the following:

Sacredness of a Muslim’s life and property
The importance of propagating this message to all others (A

Sir I have posted the Last sermon many times read that
I know that - but you are not getting the point. My point is even in Shahih Hadith there are Hadiths (like i quoted) which aren't 100% of Muhammad SAW words, there is addition or subtraction. For example 3 different things exists in books of Hadith

1. "I am leaving for you two things that you must uphold strongly; the Quran and my Sunnah"
2. "I am leaving for you two things that you must uphold strongly; the Quran and my family"
3. "I am leaving for you the Quran, You shall uphold it strongly."

Back
Top Bottom