What's new

ADA Class Corvette and ATMACA shortlisted in Bangladesh Navy

I am not sure that whether PN is going for ATMACA. Pakistani milgems might have Harba missile instead of this. another important difference

PN can put longer range AShM on it's ships if they want,

Good going Bengali bros, keep buying arms which are sanction free, from friendly states.
With the production of the Bengali ships we have economies of scale kick in for the Turkish bros, it’s a win for all of us.

Support for the Turkish arms industry is absolutely critical at this point.

The more Pakistan and Bangladesh support Turkey the better for all three nations.

Support for the Turkish arms industry is absolutely critical at this point.

The more Pakistan and Bangladesh support Turkey the better for all three nations.

I would even buy Turkish weapons as long as they were "good enough".

The most technically advanced weapon is not always the best choice from a strategic perspective.

Its not jealousy but fear of Indians getting to know its system that my fellow Pakistanis feel!
Yeah we would spend millions to show indians how to kick our ***, good logic
I hope this goes through but with a customised version in the 3000 tonne range with a 8 cell Mk-41 VLS added.

A corvette of this size with ability to fire 32 ESSM(50km range) SAM, 21 RAM SAMs with 10 km range, 8 Atmaca anti-ship cruise missiles and full anti-sub warfare capabilities would be a lethal warship to both Myanmar and India.
That would eat into the frigate program. I reckon projects like this are taken to appear a weaker force or avoid external pressure from dadas.
italian frigates relegated to coast guard patrol. American frigate relegated to patrol duty,turkey corvette for patrol craft tender now. You see where they’re going with this?
Hopefully they will soon get more ocean and subsurface patrol crafts soon.
Maybe also some "deep sea airport crafts" in a couple of decades.
I’m down with the idea of hydrofighters
5696AEB9-97A4-4370-B574-281C93DCF674.jpeg

Last edited:
General Descriptions.
a.Should be capable of operating in tropical conditions.
b.Should have an expected life of minimum 25 years.
c.Annual usage of approximately 3000 hours.
d.Normal refit interval 03(three) years.

103.Displacement at Full Load.
a.Full Load:Not less than 700 tons. (To be mentioned).
b.Normal Load : To be mentioned.

104.Dimensions.
a.Length (overall).Not less than 60 m (To be mentioned).
b.Breadth (max). Not less than 9 m (To be mentioned).
c.Maximum (full load) Draught. Not more than 04 meters (including all underwater projections like Propeller Projection, Skeg etc.).
Draught is to be mentioned as follows:
(1)Draught Fwd -Not more than 04 m (To be mentioned).
(2)Draught Aft -Not more than 04 m (To be mentioned).
(3)Draught Midship -Not more than 04 m (To be mentioned).

105.Speed.
a.Maximum speed .Not less than 27 Knots (At full load).
b.Maximum continuous speed.To be mentioned.
c.Economic speed.To be mentioned.
106.Endurance.Not less than 2500 NM at economic speed.

107.Propulsion and maneuvering.
The propulsion system should consist of the following:
a.Diesel Engines.Preferably two in number four stroke western origin and manufactured (UK/Germany/France/USA) marine diesel engines (driving two propellers) capable of developing sufficient power required to attain the maximum ship‟s speed mentioned in this specification.
b.Reduction Gearbox.Two in number of western origin and manufactured (Germany/France) gearboxes compatible with Diesel Engines (Two propeller shafts connected with One/Two engines through two independent reduction gearboxes). The gear box needs to be compatible with Diesel Engine (Details to be mentioned).
c.Number of Shafts.Two shafts (USA or EU Origin and manufactured) according to the number of main engines propulsion system should be CPP with reduction gear box (To be mentioned).
d.Steering System.Steering system including emergency provision (western origin and manufactured) are to be supplied.
e.Associated auxiliary machinery (western origin and manufactured) are to be supplied.
f.Maneuverability.The hull, propulsion and steering system of the LPC will be such that it can have very good maneuverability

That would eat into the frigate program. I reckon projects like this are taken to appear a weaker force or avoid external pressure from dadas.
italian frigates relegated to coast guard patrol. American frigate relegated to patrol duty,turkey corvette for patrol craft tender now. You see where they’re going with this?

"External Pressure" will come whether it is this or the frigate programme.

No, it will not really take away substantial funds from the frigate programme as all it would need would be to enlarge the 2400 tonne ship to 300 tonne and add in a 8-cell Mk-41 VLS and buy the required number of ESSMs. The sensors would already be built into the new base models.
We are talking at some few 100s of millions of dollars additional for 4 ships.

It is a relatively cheap way to turn these corvettes into formidable warships able to fight in the air, water and under the sea.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom