What's new

ADA Class Corvette and ATMACA shortlisted in Bangladesh Navy

The Ronin

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Google Translation:-

The Turkish defense industry made a bid for the Heavy Missile Patrol Ship (LPC) Tender of the Bangladesh Navy with MİLGEM ADA Class Corvette and ATMACA Anti-Ship Missile.

Bangladesh launched a tender for the procurement of large-type patrol ships (LPC) equipped with 8 Anti-Ship Missiles (AShM) in response to the needs of the Bangladesh Naval Forces Command. According to the Bangladesh press; Held on 26-28 October 2020, the online date 6. Defense Port Turkey during the event, Turkey's ADA ATMACA Anti-ship cruise missile equipped with a tender was announced to offer with Class Corvettes.

According to the information obtained; The Bangladesh Navy has shortlisted the ADA Class Corvette and the ATMACA Anti-Ship Missile System. Bangladesh wants the ships to be built in domestic shipyards.

Four ADA Class Corvettes, which have been produced for the Turkish Naval Forces Command so far, draw attention especially for their submarine defense warfare (DSH) capabilities. The first three of the ADA Class Corvettes have the US production Harpoon Block II Anti-Ship Missile, while the last corvette, the TCG KINALIADA (F-514), has both the Harpoon Block II and the Roketsan ATMACA Anti-Ship Missile, developed with domestic facilities. Mass production ATMACA deliveries to the Turkish Naval Forces are planned to begin in 2021.

In addition, construction activities for Pakistan of four warships (Jannah Class Frigates) similar to the ADA Class Corvette design continue. Two of the four corvettes in Turkey and two in Karachi Shipyard / being produced in Pakistan.

On the other hand, the construction activities of TCG ISTANBUL (F-515), the first frigate within the scope of the MİLGEM I Class Fırakteyn project, which is a continuation of the MİLGEM ADA Class Corvette Project, continues.

What's wrong with these copycat bongs. They always procure weapons which are already in use by Pakistan armed forces.
First HQ16 and F22 frigate now this.
I feel like indians are paying them to procure these weapons so they can prepare countermeasures.
ADA class is not something out of this world.. Its just a corvette ... calm down!

What's wrong with these copycat bongs. They always procure weapons which are already in use by Pakistan armed forces.
I feel like indians are paying them to procure these weapons so they can prepare countermeasures.

BD is not getting PN version which is highly customized and more capable then baseline ADA ships.

Or may be deep down inside they know that Bharat is their enemy and someday they have to fight them off. So why not buy the same weapons which their enemy Pak is buying? Because if it works for Pak and they chose it after thorough consideration, it will work for BD too.

Or may be, our friends from whom we buy are their friends too. I mean, once upon a time they were East Pak. We separated but our friends remained the same. So why not.

Or may be deep down inside they know that Bharat is their enemy and someday they have to fight them off. So why not buy the same weapons which their enemy Pak is buying? Because if it works for Pak and they chose it after thorough consideration, it will work for BD too.

Or may be, our friends from whom we buy are their friends too. I mean, once upon a time they were East Pak. We separated but our friends remained the same. So why not.

Pretty much this.

Some of your countrymen on here might wanna learn from your logic.

Bangladeshi Milgem corvettes are far different from Pakistani ones. Ours would have HQ16 VLS and some other changes which might not be present in BN Milgems

They’re taking ships of heavier class and redesignating them as something innocent. When did a 2000 ton corvette become a patrol craft.

Hopefully they will soon get more ocean and subsurface patrol crafts.
Maybe also some "deep sea airport crafts" in a couple of decades.

Last edited:
I hope this goes through but with a customised version in the 3000 tonne range with a 8 cell Mk-41 VLS added.

A corvette of this size with ability to fire 32 ESSM(50km range) SAM, 21 RAM SAMs with 10 km range, 8 Atmaca anti-ship cruise missiles and full anti-sub warfare capabilities would be a lethal warship to both Myanmar and India.

I am not sure that whether PN is going for ATMACA. Pakistani milgems might have Harba missile instead of this. another important difference
HArbah has more range!

Hahaha you pakis would fry your tits if we bought something from india. What’s with the jealousy? Pakistan is irrelevant in regards to our defence procurement. So please stop trying to bring Pakistan in every Bangladeshi news
@The Ronin
See this is what I was talking about. They’re taking ships of heavier class and redesignating them as something innocent. When did a 2000 ton corvette become a patrol craft.
Its not jealousy but fear of Indians getting to know its system that my fellow Pakistanis feel!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom