What's new

Ababeel SSM - Pakistan gains MIRV technology.

Timing in impecible , "The name Ababeel" and threat against the two holy mosques by ISIS and other factors

Is this a Pakistani "MIRV" ?

If we go by the story , the ababeel , which threw multiple stones from its beak onto the enemy.
Sounds like "MIRV"

But I could be wrong

What is purpose of these missiles with such a range because we already have Ballistic missile. Please ignore my limited knowledge.

Rocket science isn't limited to range, it is test of some improvement in technology. All rocket propellant are not cheap, eco-friendly, and efficient. Though it is successful, but even failed attempts contribute knowledge and knowledge gained this way helps us correct our mistakes.

Shaheen-II MIRV version ... "Ababeel" ... ???
@The Deterrent
Indeed. Congratulations to all Pakistanis.

Along-with introducing the second-strike capability, Pakistan has declared active development of massive first-strike capability, thus ensuring Full-spectrum deterrence. The Indo/Pak arms race just got a new angle.

Tidbits:

1. As evident from the released photo, the missile is based on the previously well-established line of Ballistic missiles i.e Shaheen-II/III.
2. An extra stage has been added, presumably giving the ability to inject RVs in their independent trajectories.
3. The payload fairing has been made larger and wider, to accommodate the MIRV-bus and up to 3 MIRVs.
4. The stated range is highly variable, depending on the number of RVs in the payload. However, the maximum range of this system will not exceed the limit set by Pakistan.
5. The decrease in range is because of the additional mass of MIRVs and third stage.
6. The nomenclature comes from the historic Islamic (Abrahmic) event, when the Abyssinians intended to invade and destroy Ka'abah, using elephants. Allah then sent thousands of 'Ababeels' (swallows/larks), each with 3 stones (one in beak, two in each claw) to kill the elephants.

ababeel-missile-test-24-01-2017-jpg.371440

Last edited:
Rocket science isn't limited to range, it is test of some improvement in technology. All rocket propellant are not cheap, eco-friendly, and efficient. Though it is successful, but even failed attempts contribute knowledge and knowledge gained this way helps us correct our mistakes.

I am not against any research. I am trying to understand SSM. does it mean Surface to space here.?

Indeed. Congratulations to all Pakistanis. The Indo/Pak arms race just got a new angle.

Tidbits:
1. As seen in the video, Ababeel is a modified Shaheen-III with an extra stage. Clearer photos will reveal how the MIRVs were accommodated.
2. The nomenclature comes from the historic Islamic (Abrahmic) event, when the Abyssinians intended to invade and destroy Ka'abah, using elephants. Allah then sent thousands of 'Ababeels' (swallows/larks), each with 3 stones (one in beak, two in each claw) to kill the elephants.

Elephant is key here.

Back
Top Bottom