What's new

A TRIBUTE TO THE LEGENDARY MUSLIM ARTISTS OF BOLLYWOOD

You are too wrong, our society is more liberal.

GURU Bhai, Imaan ki baat karo mere bhai.

If a Muslim artist has a strong Muslim identity and feels proud of that, will he/she be recieved with open arms in Bollywood ?

I hope one day you could honestly say yes to this question.

That would be a good day for India. You saw the response of your countrymen on this thread where all I did was to ask to honour the contributions of great Indian artists who happened to be Muslims. Your people could not find it in their hearts to honour these all time great artists as Muslims. With all due respect, this seemed very petty to me.

Chalo choro iss baat ko, Guru Bhai.

Aapke namesake Guru Dutt ki all time Epic movie "Kagaz ke Phool" ka all time great song sunata hoon. Picturised on Wahida Rehman:

Geeta Dutt - Waqt Ne Kiya Kya Haseen Situm - Kaagaz Ke Phool [1959] - YouTube

The Actors you mentioned above are all more Indian than being Muslim and it would be unfair to judge them by their religion. They would not have archived anything if they were not Indian but going by the rules of the game here are a few you could add to the list.

1. Naseeruddin Shah
2. Nargis
3. Mammootty ( south Indian actor, done a few Hindi movies)
4. Mehmood Ali

The Actors you mentioned above are all more Indian than being Muslimand it would be unfair to judge them by their religion. They would not have archived anything if they were not Indian but going by the rules of the game here are a few you could add to the list.

1. Naseeruddin Shah
2. Nargis
3. Mammootty ( south Indian actor, done a few Hindi movies)

The first two names you mentioned are hugely popular in Pakistan. Please post " your favorite videos " of the names you just mentioned.

. If a Muslim artist has a strong Muslim identity and feels proud of that, will he/she be recieved with open arms in Bollywood ?

Bhai, I would say yes. Things were different in the 60's and 70's but today they are not the same. Most of the actors that you see of Muslim identity today are free to choose who they want to be and it would not make one small difference on their movies in the box office. They are lesser Muslim (in your eyes) because of the lifestyle they decide to live.

Sir, the two names I mentioned were the top Box office Giants of Pakistan film industry as any Pakistani could testify.

Shabnam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Shamim Ara - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Why did these Minority actresses had to change their names in open society like Pakistan? I saw a few posts back you were complaining about Dilip Kumar and Madhubala etc needed to change their names to be accepted in Film industry and ended up giving similar examples from Pakistan.. What an Irony!! :lol:

Anyways nice to see spread of bollywood beyond borders.

Helps in dispelling myths about India and gives a positive image to Indians.

Indian culture rules!!!

Back
Top Bottom