What's new

A New Dawn for Pakistan.

These projects started long time ago, probably during Musharraf time.

We are still waiting for Nawaz Sharif to eliminate load shedding and bring Bullet train to Pakistan.
Sabr (Arabic: صَبْرٌ‎‎ ṣabr) is the Islamic virtue of "patience" or "endurance" or more accurately "perseverance" and "persistence".

Till three years back we used to frequent a close by spot named Oyster Rocks for cliff diving, knee-boarding and snorkelling purposes, however, during our last visit, we saw a lot of development work being carried out nearby including dredging as well as construction work on a nearby shore. We learnt at that time that a major terminal is being built there and we won't be able to come to that spot in future due to security reasons. So, this was what it was.

For those discussing whether this would render Port Qasim useless.... No. This would help divide the load and increase overall capacity of Karachi's cargo handling as a whole. PQ is huge and the bulk of volumes will still be handled from there.

The thread opener wrote "Congratulation to South Asia Pakistan Terminals Karachi (SAPT) for being 'first' deep sea port in Indian Pakistan sub continent

Neither the said port is first deep sea port in 'Indian Pakistan sub continent', God knows what that is! nor the MV you handled is the largest, samjha, ab chutiya kaun?

Looks like you still haven't learned how to read.

1.What part of your post did I quote? The part talking about APL Japan.
2.Who's still a chutiya? You.

Looks like you still haven't learned how to read.

1.What part of your post did I quote? The part talking about APL Japan.
2.Who's still a chutiya? You.

So you build the 'first' deep sea port in subcontinent and are docking 'mega' container ship of 64502 tons :lol: :lol: It's a great feat and congratulations but as usual you guys spoil things just to brag.

It's Pakistan's biggest port, one of the deepest in the subcontinent not the 'first' not the 'deepest' and a modest APL Japan docked there which your media calls small ship and not mega container ship

http://www.dawn.com/news/1301626/countrys-biggest-port-starts-test-operations

I don't know if a lot of people here read into maritime stuff or not, but last I heard, SAPT was to have a max depth of 18m, whereas, Krishnapatnam Port is deeper at 18.5m and been that since 2008. How in the name of anything on earth does this make SAPT the deepest port in the Indian Subcontinent?
If its about ABL Japan, bigger ships are docked at Jawaharlal Nehru Port in Bombay.
So, please stop misleading and change the title. Maybe you meant to claim another thing. But this one is false.

I would share links to support my post but don't have that privilege yet.. Also, can you provide some more details about the new terminal?

As an oil trader (now retired) I had information about all the ports of the world because this is published data. I have been aware of the Visakhapatnam Andhrapardesh, supposedly the busiest port on the East coast of India where the outer berth had a draft of 17 meters but there was a talk of expanding the port and draft may be more. Krishnatpatnam is a new port of Tamil Nadu, I heard about it because it was privately operated with a draft of 18-meters.

With the total Indian trade volume of about $670-billion (imports $400-billion & exports $270-billion), I have no doubt that the container traffic at the Indian ports is far larger than of Pakistan whose total import & export trade volume is only about $70-billion.

By the way what is the status of the new Kerala port of Vizhinjam?

Niaz sb,

Krishnapatnam is in Andhra. The largest port by volume in India, I believe is Mundra run by the Adanis just across the border from Pakistan. Vizhinjam construction has just about got started, sir.

Regards

These projects started long time ago, probably during Musharraf time.

We are still waiting for Nawaz Sharif to eliminate load shedding and bring Bullet train to Pakistan.
@marbella
"The commercial operations of the terminal with a depth of 16 meters was initially expected to start in 2011, four years after the agreement. Bureaucratic wrangling and a slowdown in road construction and dredging delayed the port operator’s plans, the person said. Some road works and dredging are still not complete, the person said."
https://gcaptain.com/billionaires-pakistan-terminal-to-start-after-5-year-delay/

Niaz sb,

Krishnapatnam is in Andhra. The largest port by volume in India, I believe is Mundra run by the Adanis just across the border from Pakistan. Vizhinjam construction has just about got started, sir.

Regards

Thank you Sir.

To the best of my info, up to the year 2000, Bombay/Mumbai was the busiest port on West Coast & Visag on the East Coast. Mundra was just being developed. I know the person who used to run the fuel Bunkering business at Mundra for the Adani group and opened an office in Dubai for Bunkering at Fujairah last year.

I was flabbergasted when I was told that Mundra was handling more than100-million tons per year? Is this really true? The figure is hard to believe for a port that is so new.

It is well-known that Mundra has the biggest coal importing terminal in the world. But 100-million tons!!

Jebel Ali is handling about 5-million tons per month container traffic and Jebel Ali has definitely the largest container volume in the region. Therefore India must be importing hell of a lot of coal.

Last edited:
Niaz sb,

Yup. It is handling more than 100 mn MT cargo, mainly coal. Interestingly it is classified as a "minor port" as per GoI terminology.

Regards

Back
Top Bottom