What's new

A New Dawn for Pakistan.

The Eagle

SENIOR MODERATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
A NEW DAWN FOR PAKISTAN

Congratulation to South Asia Pakistan Terminals Karachi (SAPT) for being first deep sea port in Indian Pakistan sub continent as first mega container ship docks at Karachi Deep Sea Terminal.

Hutchison Port Holdings Limited (HPH) built the deep sea SAPT Terminal at Karachi which is now operational.

APL JAPAN is the first containerised vessel to dock at SAPT.

1500 new direct jobs may be created by this USD 600 Million Foreign Direct Investment project conceived in 2006.

SAPT is going to play a pivotal role by complementing the rapid growth in the economy of Pakistan by adding to the trade capacity of the country. SAPT provides the best location in Pakistan for imports and exports. It is convenient than any other port for trade resolve to the Central Asian and South Asian countries.

SAPT is a member of Hutchison Port Holdings Limited (HPH). HPH, is the port and related services division of CK Hutchison Holdings Limited (CK Hutchison). HPH is the world’s leading port investor, developer and operator with a network of port operations comprising 319 berths in 52 ports, spanning 26 countries throughout Asia, the Middle East, Africa, Europe, the Americas and Australasia. Over the years, HPH has expanded into other logistics and transportation-related businesses, including cruise ship terminals, airport operations, distribution centres, rail services and ship repair facilities.

IMG-20161209-WA0048.jpg
IMG-20161209-WA0049.jpg
IMG-20161209-WA0050.jpg
IMG-20161209-WA0051.jpg
IMG-20161209-WA0052.jpg
IMG-20161209-WA0055.jpg
IMG-20161209-WA0053.jpg

But but but, how is it possible? :o:
But but but, Pakistan is being isolated :o:

A NEW DAWN FOR PAKISTAN

Congratulation to South Asia Pakistan Terminals Karachi (SAPT) for being first deep sea port in Indian Pakistan sub continent as first mega container ship docks at Karachi Deep Sea Terminal.

Hutchison Port Holdings Limited (HPH) built the deep sea SAPT Terminal at Karachi which is now operational.

APL JAPAN is the first containerised vessel to dock at SAPT.

1500 new direct jobs may be created by this USD 600 Million Foreign Direct Investment project conceived in 2006.

SAPT is going to play a pivotal role by complementing the rapid growth in the economy of Pakistan by adding to the trade capacity of the country. SAPT provides the best location in Pakistan for imports and exports. It is convenient than any other port for trade resolve to the Central Asian and South Asian countries.

SAPT is a member of Hutchison Port Holdings Limited (HPH). HPH, is the port and related services division of CK Hutchison Holdings Limited (CK Hutchison). HPH is the world’s leading port investor, developer and operator with a network of port operations comprising 319 berths in 52 ports, spanning 26 countries throughout Asia, the Middle East, Africa, Europe, the Americas and Australasia. Over the years, HPH has expanded into other logistics and transportation-related businesses, including cruise ship terminals, airport operations, distribution centres, rail services and ship repair facilities.

I always believed Karachi port is going to remain the busiest port in Pakistan for another 100 years or so due to simple reason that its the biggest city in Pakistan and got the best road connectivity for rest of the country.

I think it is going to play major role in success of CPEC as well since its going to get the Railways project which is technically most cheapest source of transportation after sea and/or pipeline. Best of luck for this terminal

It really doesn't feel like Karachi is the biggest city in Pakistan as I hear most of the progress being made in Lahore and getting more importance in the media but yeah I have seen parts of Karachi and it does feel like Lahore

Best of luck to the port of Karachi and I hope local people will enrich maximum benefit from this terminal

I always believed Karachi port is going to remain the busiest port in Pakistan for another 100 years or so due to simple reason that its the biggest city in Pakistan and got the best road connectivity for rest of the country.

I think it is going to play major role in success of CPEC as well since its going to get the Railways project which is technically most cheapest source of transportation after sea and/or pipeline. Best of luck for this terminal

It really doesn't feel like Karachi is the biggest city in Pakistan as I hear most of the progress being made in Lahore and getting more importance in the media but yeah I have seen parts of Karachi and it does feel like Lahore

Best of luck to the port of Karachi and I hope people will rich maximum benefit from this terminal

In a nutshell, expect the Karachi and Gwadar port to complement each other.

A good addition. I always thought Pakistan has a lot of trading potential due to its geo strategic location. Gwader port will though replace any port in subcontinent as the busiest port when completed but we need more ports to share the work load and keep more options available to Pakistan in case of any war, or natural calamity or political unrest.

I my self part of sister port of sapt which is Kict work is very very demanding here no space for relaxation here just imagine SAPT will be direct threat to port Qasim under do holding Marrakech line currently operating theatre if sapt get fully operational port Qasim may lose its importance reason why sapt built becoz Kict draught is 16 which can't hold bigger ships like maersk ha so they needed a port at Karachi they built sapt soon they will leave Kict talks are underway with MSC to.operate Kict 9nce hph leaves it

The part that catches my eye is: USD 600 Million Foreign Direct Investment.

These 'investors' are looking to at least double their investments, if not more. I would estimate at least USD 1.2 billion as the money HPH would be looking to make. And that's IF the $600 million figure is correct. Projects of this size usually run risks of going over budget.

But this is a reality that we must live with when our industrial sector is so under developed. I have read elsewhere that our national wealth of minerals is literally being squandered in Baluchistan. Corrupt politicians give generous terms to foreign investors, receive generous kick backs, and the public get duped with the charade of progress.

To be honest, there is no way of knowing if something is fishy about this particular project. But just given the nature of these things, it is hard to believe it will be highly beneficial to us economically.

Back
Top Bottom