What's new

A Female Student Denied Admission Due To Face Veil In GC University Lahore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
having a cosmopolitan and progressive society is her right, and not some veil-sheil.
so wanting to cover your face in public is not a right??

Its not a question of right or wrong. The interview panel must make sure they are interviewing the right candidate so verification is needed. Interview panel will also look at body language (may not be necessary here) and eye contact made. If ppl are not making eye contact it is usually assumed they are lying or not confident.

In india there is already a scam where ppl impersonate for others in entrance test. Same thing can also happen here too.
was that the reason they rejected her?? because they couldn't verify who they were interviewing?? if so where does it say that???

Covering face is completely and fully Islamic that is why enemies of Islam and their puppets keep attacking it
I believe we have had gone through this before and in the end you admitted saying, "it is preferable". So in essence you agreed that there are no such orders from Allah in Quran and whatever the proponents of covering face have, has come from Hadith, and that too weak ones.

Women wearing niqab are proudly following Quran and Sunnah and GC will apologize and back off from this crap. Puppets and slaves of west will either learn to respect Muslims and Islam or can go serve west in west.
Sir I agree with you..but during interviews officials have right to test candidate on body language etc.No eye contact means she is not confident/ feeling nervous.If she wants to get job in MNC"S then she has to adjust until she get job...or she can get other institutions.Can you plz tell me what grade university is it? Excelent or good?

@syedali73 Sir i agree with you on this topic.

Baba I am least interested (not being rude) in him.

I am talking about my friend. Similarities are scary? Coincidence?

your friend's similarities with him or the topic's lady?? i am presuming him... yeah, it is generally the more indulgent who have later become guilty and took a drastic about turn... it has happened in case of those fake-jihadis from western europe and north america who became cannon fodder for nato's war in syria and libya... so yes, similarities.

how??

thing is she is within a mentality cloud for the moment... she is within it... she must take a holiday and re-evaluate her decisions and the world.
You can say all this without knowing her reasoning? Happens only in india I guess! :tup:

greater men than me have spoken on this issue, like nasser...
Thats a greater man? How?

In a strange incident a Muslim Student,Mehreen Shafaq has been denied admission in the prestigious GC University Lahore only because she refused to take off her face veil infront of the male interview panel.
The incident is outrageous because Mehreen qualified for the university and was refused only after the interview.
It is also worth noting that presently there are a number of 'veiled' female students already pursuing degrees in the University.
Mehreen plans to file a case against the interview panel in Lahore High Court.
Something tells me this has nothing to do with the veil, she was probably caught lying or something during the interview panel and is using the veil as an excuse. Did Mehreen say that she was denied because she refused to take off the veil, or did the University Interview panel say that?

@doppelganger

however, i am also open to the possibility that mj is not really muslim but a false-flagger... but yes, your friend must be rid of his indulgences in a smoother manner lest he...

Not really, those who join terrorist camps and nurseries such as jamia hafsa or masjid zarrar aka lal masjid do not join them because of anybody but because they think they are the self-appointed contractors of Islam whose sole purpose is to impose Islam (of their understanding) on others.
There are some who are not accepted and criticized like on this very forum for CHOOSING the veil...Whatever their reasons maybe...

When normal Muslims cant accept them then they go to the only bigots who do....

Lack of tolerance is actually promoting increase in BS people!

Yes, it is her choice to cover the face but then society has a say in matters too. She is more than welcome to practice medieval and practically non-Islamic practice of covering the face in places like Afghanistan or IS -controlled territory but not in Pakistan for society is not ready for this.
Have you ever been to Pakistan? There are a number of people covering their faces, same in india same in UK....But people who aren't judgmental and capable of reflecting in themselves dont judge them!

It is her choice....There are better ways to make her see the other side....there are also better ways to talk then be judgmental!

Well, identifying stupidity of someone doesn't' really mean the person is a wanna be gora. Am I one?
How is it stupidity? Every other Pakistani is more than willing to do any evil on the planet and is Scot free of our criticism but god forbids if the girl wants to cover up more than necessary! :tsk:

Something tells me this has nothing to do with the veil, she was probably caught lying or something during the interview panel and is using the veil as an excuse. Did Mehreen say that she was denied because she refused to take off the veil, or did the University Interview panel say that?
THIS is more believable!

so wanting to cover your face in public is not a right??

hiding oneself away from social interactions is not good for society's development or existence... tell me of one society where hiding face has led to that society becoming looked upon as example of development and progress.

in iran, they don't hide face and in saudia too it is being challenged... it is really only in south asia in the last twenty years that burqa/veil has become fashionable.

was that the reason they rejected her?? because they couldn't verify who they were interviewing?? if so where does it say that???
indian excuse is always the same ...verifying ...GOD knows what form of phobia lurks within!

hiding oneself away from social interactions is not good for society's development or existence...
If she was hiding she would be at home....A veil is just using a curtain not hiding anything!
tell me of one society where hiding face has led to that society becoming looked upon as example of development and progress.
Are you asking an example from modern society embroidered with islamophobia or society in general?

Long before women started being accepted for being semi nude....Women OF EVERY society have veiled and those societies have not exactly been left behind otherwise we wouldnt have literature and their development to study them from....

However, like how once it was wrong for women to use pants now its a norm....how it was a norm to bury a daughter and now it is a wrong...Societies change and no one blames their dressing to pull them back...

It is astonishing how people who call themselves educated can come up with BS of higher levels!

You committed a sin worse than mine. That is shirk by visiting graves and worshiping them.
WTF? whose grave did i visit again?
btw as you say you have drank and have slept with prostitutes, according to Islamic law, you have just confessed to your crime, and must be stoned to death.
@jamahir and @doppelganger

commence the sentence

Friends..i think the girl is a pure looser...She may not have the merit so not selected...Then she has to make some sensasational execuse to make sure his parents do not blame that she was not good to get selected...What can be a better execuse than take the shelter of religion, Burqa and all these stops to hide her incompetency??? The people who are defending her should understand that the people in University who allegedly did this are also Muslim people and above all they are more educated people in your society than than crappy Mullahs...University should be a area or place where people interact openly without any prejudices..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom