What's new

A daring letter by an IIT'an to Rahul Gandhi.

I can understand your frustration mate, but you gotto stop labeling everyone a congress supporter. I remember you even accused me of being a congress supporter once :rolleyes:
Trust me I want BJP to come back to power just as much as you, but not riding on the back of smear campaigns. They should get over this Sonia/Rahul being Italian and what not. A national level party should rely on policies not on smear campaigns to win elections.
I am not in favour of BJP too, but they are the only best option we have got against Congress.
I am not labling everyone congress, but people who are reasoning with no logic for Congress are the ones I lable as Congress men.
If you look at the reply of Abir, he is not answering my question on what qualification dose Rahul posses other than his Surname?
if he is giving good number of reason for that question, I am ready to accept that this guy is a competitive man for the Job.
To my understanding Rahul does not posses the mental qualities to lead this nation. He sure plays dirty politis with the poor farmers, where his government is ready to abduct land from poor for private companies.

This is where I differ from you. His subject of study has nothing to do with it. My argument stems from the fact that I expect an intelligent person (from IIT or IIM or a person with no degree) who writes an article based on fact would have done some solid research before penning it down. Your argument stems from the fact than an engineer cannot write on politics. By that logic he cannot drive since he is an IITian and not a driver and cannot cook since he hasn't done hotel management etc etc.

No I'm only saying his ability of articulating in a logically coherent way strengthen his argument not his IIT degree. A stupid article is a stupid article, IIT or not.

If you're a good driver, you don't say I'm good driver because I went to IIT, or I cook good because I went to IIT.

This guy RIVALDO is actually from IIT-B. He was good with writing scripts and had good acting skills too. I have seen his play. I think it is on youtube as well.
Even i know this guy personally ......and watched him perform live a lot of time
@those who claim its false :: In his last show at IITB (3 months back) i myself witnessed most of the content of this letter in one of his monologues

Even i know this guy personally ......and watched him perform live a lot of time
@those who claim its false :: In his last show at IITB (3 months back) i myself witnessed most of the content of this letter in one of his monologues

i take it back upon googling i got a few hits which say he is an IIT ian . though he does not show any standards in his writings , of the institution from which he graduated.

i take it back upon googling i got a few hits which say he is an IIT ian . though he does not show any standards in his writings , of the institution from which he graduated.
yes he is...

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

yes he is...go through my previous post in thread

i am an IIT ian , from Mumbai . i know how many are in politics , but rest assured the writer of this piece is doubtful to have come from one.

I am not defending his skills in politics. I am merely stating that he has written down certain facts about Rahul Gandhi which people find hard to digest. A lot of his article does come across as conspiracy theories and yes the article was written dramatically to gain him enough readership etc etc. That does not make the facts stated in it any less true. It has nothing to do with him being in IIT.The IIT is just to gain the initial interest.

No I'm only saying his ability of articulating in a logically coherent way strengthen his argument not his IIT degree. A stupid article is a stupid article, IIT or not.

If you're a good driver, you don't say I'm good driver because I went to IIT, or I cook good because I went to IIT.

Like I said before, it does not matter if he went to IIT,IIM or if he is uneducated. But the IIT tag was enough to gain him attention and to have us debating on PDF.
You may not like the article. But a lot of the facts in there are actually true.

yes he is...

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

yes he is...go through my previous post in thread

what exactly are you trying to say mate? i acknowledge that fact he is an iit ian but he does not show any standards of it in his writing . he seems more of a showman then a person who can be taken seriously .

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

I am not defending his skills in politics. I am merely stating that he has written down certain facts about Rahul Gandhi which people find hard to digest. A lot of his article does come across as conspiracy theories and yes the article was written dramatically to gain him enough readership etc etc. That does not make the facts stated in it any less true. It has nothing to do with him being in IIT.The IIT is just to gain the initial interest.

Like I said before, it does not matter if he went to IIT,IIM or if he is uneducated. But the IIT tag was enough to gain him attention and to have us debating on PDF.
You may not like the article. But a lot of the facts in there are actually true.

would like to know which facts you are talking about. he rambled on a lot ,so would like specifics if any .

Many IITians come from villages where they didn't get a chance to sharpen their English skills. I have met so many IITians who can hardly make decent conversations in english but they make very good points.

And, @Abir : What make a person an IITian and there by making him different from others is the fact that he cleared one of toughest exams. His degree is primarily decided by the rank rather than true merit. But there is no denying that, most IITians are very articulate and intelligent which are the basic things which are required for excelling in any field. A degree doesnot make u good in any field.

also by your logic, IITians should be good in only technical skills and hence should not give CAT or other Competitive Exams not relating to technical skills. But the reality is, every 15 guy from the top 20 people in CAT every year are from IIT or NITians.

offtopic : would you believe me if i claim to be from IITK ?

Many IITians come from villages where they didn't get a chance to sharpen their English skills. I have met so many IITians who can hardly make decent conversations in english but they make very good points.

And, @Abir : What make a person an IITian and there by making him different from others is the fact that he cleared one of toughest exams. His degree is primarily decided by the rank rather than true merit. But there is no denying that, most IITians are very articulate and intelligent which are the basic things which are required for excelling in any field. A degree doesnot make u good in any field.

also by your logic, IITians should be good in only technical skills and hence should not give CAT or other Competitive Exams not relating to technical skills. But the reality is, every 15 guy from the top 20 people in CAT every year are from IIT or NITians.

offtopic : would you believe me if i claim to be from IITK ?

i am from iit B , from which stream are you?
but it still does not answer my question . where are the facts in this letter? there are none.

If this letter is really from an IIT alumnus then I'm shocked to my very core.We had IIT graduates teaching us in our senior years and they just knew everything about everything(and I mean everything). We never would even dare open our mouths in class lest we get publicly humiliated.All the girls were in love with them and all the guys were jealous of them!!!

If this letter is really from an IIT alumnus then I'm shocked to my very core.We had IIT graduates teaching us in our senior years and they just knew everything about everything(and I mean everything). We never would even dare open our mouths in class lest we get publicly humiliated.All the girls were in love with them and all the guys were jealous of them!!!

never had all the girls you are talking about mate . which college are you from , i want to teach there.:woot:

Back
Top Bottom