What's new

80 Rafale-type jets needed: IAF

Man I love the way Indians on this forum accuse and abuse their Armed Forces. For GOD sake they are not idiots to deliberately crash their fighter jets that too your most important one. Your DRDO is coming with crap which your Armed Forces are not ready to accept.

Sorry, but India is not Pakistan.

Everybody is liable in India and people have right to criticize Armed Forces.

Facing a crisis of a dwindling fleet of fighter jets, the Indian Air Force (IAF), has formally told the Ministry of Defence (MoD) that it needs at least 80 Rafale-type multi-role combat fighter jets to be battle-ready in the next few years.

There are two issues regarding this...
1) What is "NEXT FEW YEAR"?... can some one give the time frame?
2) Will the French be able to produce the required numbers in that time frame?
you bieng a hub bul watan pakistani should be happy about it and keep quite instead you are doing the opposite .... i wonder why :haha:

you bieng a hub bul watan pakistani should be happy about it and keep quite instead you are doing the opposite .... i wonder why :haha:
Is a million $ ?...:lol::lol:

It seems to me that IAF is not going to get the Rafales but putting pressure on GOI to get M2K's and upgrade them to the level India is doing with the existing ones.

Is a million $ ?...:lol::lol:

It seems to me that IAF is not going to get the Rafales but putting pressure on GOI to get M2K's and upgrade them to the ones India is doing with the existing ones.
forget about what IAF gonna get think about PAF and how its gonna take care of IAF in near future :)

Isn't this exactly what I have been saying?

The IAF is being smart by pushing the "immediate need" line- this will not fall on deaf ears with the current political leadership and given the 36 Rafales are being procured on a "fast track" basis for this very reason (immediate needs) we can be more than a little optimistic about their chances of success...

Well IAF was expected to do this to pressure govt, 80 fighters for 5 squadrons plus 5-6 as reserves. This much strength govt too must agree to

order 44 more.
salaam hari bhai .... 44 is not an immpossible follow on order but there is a thing called "carrot and stick policy"

thing is dassult deu to last M2K upgrade tender had started to take indian PMO & MOD for granted but things have changed now and they know it so does many others like Saab & EDAS (who are trying level best to put a spoke in the rafale deal) + russians have very very shortlli gave MOD & IAF an offer that is way too good to ignoare

so now top brass of MOD & IAF knows their french holiday days are over so they are trying to pressurise NaMo & MP but what will be their reaction ... your guess is as good as mine :)

LCA is nowhere near the Rafale and cannot fill the multi role gap

Money kaha she layoge Rafael me liye also most of the $$ pumped in the LCA will remain in the country

thing is dassult deu to last M2K upgrade tender had started to take indian PMO & MOD for granted but things have changed now and they know it so does many others like Saab & EDAS (who are trying level best to put a spoke in the rafale deal) + russians have very very shortlli gave MOD & IAF an offer that is way too good to ignoare

Namaskar Sir ji,
here the isuue is that it will be very difficult for IAF to maintain 2 different type of Aircraft in medium catagory. If you want any other A/C say Eurofighter, we should go for it and scrap rafale deal totally. in an order of 80, we can not have 2 different types of planes. We may get a India specific Mig 35 as well.
I believe Euro fighter is not a bad plane as well. In short Go for 1 type.

Namaskar Sir ji,
here the isuue is that it will be very difficult for IAF to maintain 2 different type of Aircraft in medium catagory. If you want any other A/C say Eurofighter, we should go for it and scrap rafale deal totally. in an order of 80, we can not have 2 different types of planes. We may get a India specific Mig 35 as well.
I believe Euro fighter is not a bad plane as well. In short Go for 1 type.
its niether eourofighter nor the Mig35 as MRCA it is rafale and its a done deal but if this deal gets scrapped you might get to see two types of russian Fifth gen fighters than one today ;)

its niether eourofighter nor the Mig35 as MRCA it is rafale and its a done deal but if this deal gets scrapped you might get to see two types of russian Fifth gen fighters than one today ;)

migs are coming up with another type of 5th Gen plane.

Actually EF And rafale were selected for price bid. Rafale bid it less than Ef . However EF reduced the prize subsequently. If Eurofighter's offer is too attractive, we may go for that also.

Back
Top Bottom