What's new

Featured 60 Hours to Glory; A Military Reality Show

@JamD we need a show like this for AvRID vs. NESCOM.

Inaugural NGFA Development Competition.

Who'll Make it Fly by 2028.

PS: the contestants might need therapy at the end of it.
Did you see the actual show?

I'm one of those idiots that still has hope ISPR is capable of producing something good considering the opportunities that they have.

But alas, it is the same garbage with cheesy narration, tonnes of filler, no direction, and basically a combination of cringe and boredom.

I need therapy after watching 3 episodes of this.

Be happy they're not ruining AvRID with this.

I'm one of those idiots that still has hope ISPR is capable of producing something good considering the opportunities that they have.

But alas, it is the same garbage with cheesy narration, tonnes of filler, no direction, and basically a combination of cringe and boredom.

Loool... I was done at the title card of the show to know it was an, "ISPR, you had one job" issue.

I believe ISPR has done fairly better job this time. This program is not purely for the international audience. You have to create content that is digestible by the domestic audience as well hence narration in Urdu with poetic phrases which are part of our culture. The only thing lacking is quality English subtitles.
Not everything should be stylistically New Hollywood.

My 2C worth .... I have been lucky enough to participate twice in such type of challenges. The audience who will be largely civilians, do not comprehend the immense physical fitness and sheer mental strength required to compete in such events nor this show, up to now, has been able to explain/show this.

I remember in one of the competitions that I was privileged to be part off, we started at 5 am in the morning in normal weather and by night fall after rain, and sleet, it started to snow and we still had more than 24 hours to go till the end! No training sets you up for this kind of challenge except ones will power and inner stregth.

Cambrian Patrol is like any other endurance and military skills craft competition .... the same op order, planning, recce, route/speed marches, night navigation, assault, river and obstacles crossings, map reading, weapons skills, and the hardest, 12K sprint in full gear and load out etc., however what sets it apart is the harsh weather and brutal terrain. Wet, bone chilling cold and wind chill factor, wet clothes and socks, bog, and gravel like terrain, constant uphill and down hill trek takes a heavy toll on your ankles, knees and constant jarring of LBE against your shoulders and back is hell. Cold meals and lack of sleep and rest just keeps the pressure mounting on you. At some point you end up in a world of your own, fighting, talking, cajoling oneself to keep going for a higher reasoning and goal when your body has given up few miles back. The team becomes one... that camaraderie lives for ever.

All sense stops and the team goal becomes an obsession. I have seen soldiers with ankles swollen to twice their normal size crossing the finish line on the backs of their comrades or finishing on battle slings carried by their team mates. Seen team mates carrying twice their load out to help their comrade finish and cross the line.

The selection process and the training leading upto the competition is by itself a test of endurance and mental strength.

This is, upto now, missing from the show. The elements, endurance, mental stoutness, team work, etc. has been set aside and it is being shown as something very clinical. Maybe, in the episodes to come, this will start showing.

But it is a great step to show what soldiering it is all about... or some of it

This was a great idea. Unfortunately the execution is very poor. Poor choice of music, poor visuals, what is up with that fire GIF and burnt out sign boards as title cards. They look like someone left them in the toaster too long. I appreciate all the effort the host is putting in but I am sorry he is just not up to speed. These guys should have contacted some Pakistani youtubers and gotten them involved. They would have done a much better job, they know how to engage with our youth.

Then second problem, its so boring so far, like ok sure I would love to know about who is competing, but I can't keep track of everybody's heights and weights too... just tell me what they are good at and where they are from. And please don't spend hours introducing the teams. Let us learn about them as the show progresses.

The purpose of the show should be to engage the youth, its not for the uncle to hone his fire GIF editing skills.

Part of me wants to wait until they start showing the actual exercise. But another part of me says, it's gonna be just as shitty.

Less of a showcase of a well trained army and more focused on the garlands presented to guests. No one is interested in jumping through fire anymore - the men are capable of hauling a Mortar under heavy fire, that’s more impressive.

But, someone who pitched it got their way and found the script and direction from waqar zaka’s show.

Less of a showcase of a well trained army and more focused on the garlands presented to guests. No one is interested in jumping through fire anymore - the men are capable of hauling a Mortar under heavy fire, that’s more impressive.

But, someone who pitched it got their way and found the script and direction from waqar zaka’s show.
Sometimes I think why they can't look at this giant community of military enthusiasts on this forum for ideas on what would work and what doesn't.

But then I immediately feel like
images.jpeg-4.jpg

Not sure if imposter's syndrome lol.

Sometimes I think why they can't look at this giant community of military enthusiasts on this forum for ideas on what would work and what doesn't.

But then I immediately feel like
View attachment 755945
Not sure if imposter's syndrome lol.
I think it's just the people at the top not caring enough to even care.

Back
Top Bottom