What's new

59 Indians in Bangladeshi Jails

I guess we should hand over this bharati debate to Asiam and he will check the bharati objections.

For the time being come back to the topic

Guys if you so insist on calling us Bharati, then do us a favor and add a "y". Its Bhartiya and no Bharti.

I think in such cases the civil society organisations and media should come to the help of such citizens.

After completing their term in jail they should be given their right to freedom

How can they be released if their own govt don't accept them as their own people?:undecided:
In most of the cases, the illegal immigrants don't have any proof of identity to prove themselves as Bangladeshi, the only proof Indian govt has is their verbal confession, which is not accepted by Bangladesh.
And the condition is almost similar in the other side too.
Couple of months back a bangladeshi prisoner hanged himself to death in Cochbehar jail, because of this reason. He was in the jail for the past 6 years without any trial and without any interest from his govt.:cry:

These illegal indians are lucky not to have been killed by our BDR. All the illegal Indian citizens must be sought out and sent back to India.

If they were/are Indians then New Delhi must take them back.
However i think something's fishy.
:pop:

I think its ok if someone wanna call us Bharati.
i see no problem with it.
getting hurt by petty slur is the trait of weaker.

Specially when Sunil Mittal attached the word "bharti" as his middle name.
And he is now known as Sunil Bharti Mittal and is owner of the biggest telecom company in Asia and one of the biggest in the world.

So i am absolutely okay with the use of word Bharati.
I love this word!

Proud to be Bharti!:D

Last edited by a moderator:
If they were/are Indians then New Delhi must take them back.
However i think something's fishy.
:pop:

If the govt acknowledge them as their own citizen, then the govt has to address the border crossing problem also. Which both govt. has failed to stop.

everyone is busy saving their own face :angry:

Specially when Sunil Mittal attached the word "bharti" as his middle name.
And he is now known as Sunil Bharti Mittal and is owner of the biggest telecom company in Asia and one of the biggest in the world.

So i am absolutely okay with the use of word Bharati.
I love this word!

Proud to be Bharti!:D
YouTube - Bharti Airtel...new ad ...very inspiring
Dude, its Bharatiya
And please, everyone, don't derail the issue.

Sunil Mittal added "Bharti" as his middle name,that's what you call true Bharti patriotism!
:D :D

Too much.
Bad luck for them, but who told them to smuggle in the first place?
Our smugglers usually deal with cow smugglings. But, the Indian smugglers deal with fencidile. This is one of the most harmful intoxicating drug the medical researchers have ever discovered. Indian Beniyas (most Indians have this trait of Beniya mind) add more of the substance that helps people get addicted quickly.

This drug has taken away the physical and mental energy from our youngsters. BD govt has made two requests to the GoI a few years before. These are as follows:

1) Make this syrup less addictable.

2) Abolish all the factories near BD border and rebuild these to places at least a few km (can't remember the exact figure) away from the border.

But, the GoI refused to accept our proposals on the ground that these are private companies, and they are free to build factories anywhere they want. You see, this speaks of Indian Beniya mind. These smugglers should be taken back by the GoI and keep them in jails. We are overburden with more than 5 million people, but these jailbirds must be taken back.

Last edited:
When officially it is defined as "India that is Bharat".. is insulting..
Bharat-Petroleum
Bharat-rakshak
Bharat-matrimony
The above are all $hitty???
and refrain from using that insulting abbreviation.

It's not the use of the word, it's the malice intended behind using it. Anyway, I don't care. Use it to your heart's content.

Bharat-Petroleum
Bharat-rakshak
Bharat-matrimony

The word Bharat originates from Hindu Sanskrit Epic Mahabharata whereas Bharatiya are people who live in it ..where as there is no word as Bharati.

Mahabharata - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bharti is a formal word. It is used by mass media and formal letters.
It isint the topic, so PLEASE dont derail the topic.
Thanks and Regards.

Can you prove that about your comment on Bharti. I think you misspell. Media refers it as Bharatiya.

But is someone incorrect in calling you a Bharati? Since India defines itself that way
you are from Bharat.. I agree with the use of it with the twist..
but all in all .. its no short form..
the short P/\ki was originally coined by the british for Pakistani immigrants..
the beatles have a song deriding Pakistanis.
Pakistan is just Pakistan..
there is no other name for it..
Infact.. dont you think it would be more effective to deter such racial slurs.. by accepting it.. You are Bharati.. what is the guy gonna say..
He's stuck at his own game.
There is no twisting of the word involved.. no adulteration.

The same cannot be said of P/\ki.
Till then.. Bharati is not an insult.. if you feel so.. I can on request change all of em to Indian.. and post a warning.

It is not Bharati. I never heard this word other than on PDF. So, it is being used to abuse Indians.

I don't mind if every start saying Bharatiya which is always used by Hindi Media.

One should respect the nation. I see here most of member try to insult nation.

Bharat-Petroleum
Bharat-rakshak
Bharat-matrimony

But is someone incorrect in calling you a Bharati? Since India defines itself that way
you are from Bharat.. I agree with the use of it with the twist..
but all in all .. its no short form..
the short P/\ki was originally coined by the british for Pakistani immigrants..
the beatles have a song deriding Pakistanis.
Pakistan is just Pakistan..
there is no other name for it..
Infact.. dont you think it would be more effective to deter such racial slurs.. by accepting it.. You are Bharati.. what is the guy gonna say..
He's stuck at his own game.
There is no twisting of the word involved.. no adulteration.

The same cannot be said of P/\ki.
Till then.. Bharati is not an insult.. if you feel so.. I can on request change all of em to Indian.. and post a warning.

I have no issues with P/\ki myself.. but I am one person..
To me its not a racial slur..
on the contrary.. I am a P/\ki.. take it or leave it..
but others may not see it that way.

However.. Bingo, bangs, Chicom, frog , etc.. arent all that harmless.

Listen up buddy.

India is called Bharat.
Indians are called Bharatiya and not Bharti or Bharati or whatever.

And in case you think about replying back with 'This is how we call it in Urdu', then be prepared to be called Pakisthanis because in Hindi, there's nothing called a 'stan'. It's 'sthan'

If that's how you roll, this is how we roll.

Fair Enough?

I do not understand why the Indian brave BSF troops do not allow their own citizens back. If they really want to disown their own citizens, they can shoot them when they entered India's holy land.

Back
Top Bottom