What's new

5 meals in Karachi that will hurt your wallet

Hmmmm thread already existed. That is if you look at the similar threads list below

Hi,
Now---the question to the daring is---if a pig is slaughtered in the islamic way---ie---Zabiha---would it become halal?

Things that are listed as haraam in the Quran
1) Any animal that dies of disease/natural causes or killed by a wild animal
2) Any thing made from blood. So blood pudding is a no no. That is why we bleed the animal in the first place.
3) Anything sacrificed in a name other than of Allah
4) Pork

Pork has been given a special mention in that list so draining its blood will not make it halal.

Last edited:
Hmmmm thread already existed. That is if you look at the similar threads list below

Things that are listed as haraam in Quran
1) Any animal that dies of disease/natural causes
2) Any thing made from blood. So blood pudding is a no no. That is why we bleed the animal in the first place.
3) Anything sacrificed in a name other than Allah
4) Pork

Pork has been given a special mention in the list so draining its blood will not make it halal.

Hi,

Well then the meat available at the grocery store is for muslim consumption.

Are you talking about faux pork which is made from Turkey?

No---what I am sayimng is that if you Zabiha a pig---it does not become halal---it stays haram

Similarly a halal meat stays halal as long as it is cut for human consumption---blood drained out and not sacrificed for another human being or deity---.

The joys of free open access. They started to dump their stock here and it is available but it is like you said too high in fat and the smell puts people off. Primarily here, we dont eat lamb - it is considered wrong; sheep is the main usage. It is 30% cheaper but no quality.
You must remember South africa has a huge cattle business but we have lost quality and gone feedlots way for beef. However sheep remains the normal way.
yes SA as a exporter of meat makes perfect sense especially the pastures there are rich which gives great taste, unfortunately it doesn't reach the UK:(. Usually have to consume local euro or NZ-Aus imported stock and the taste is lost due to artificial cloning and feed.

Hi,

For my sake---I disagree with that---. It is consumable because it is slaughtered for human consumption---the neck is cut and the blood drained---say a prayer and consume it---.

Technically the meat stays as halal---the differentiation is of it being Zabiha---. The islamic process of cutting the throat and recitation makes it Zabiha---the identity of it being Halal stays the same.

Now---the question to the daring is---if a pig is slaughtered in the islamic way---ie---Zabiha---would it become halal?

Hi,

The New zealand lamb is the best---.

The problem with our cricket players is that they don't know any lamb jokes---otherwise---they would have torn the australian team to pieces.
yea but NZ-Aus lamb is not that tasty, sadly

yes SA as a exporter of meat makes perfect sense especially the pastures there are rich which gives great taste, unfortunately it doesn't reach the UK:(. Usually have to consume local euro or NZ-Aus imported stock and the taste is lost due to artificial cloning and feed.

Really---so who's got the best lamb----.

I like the new zealnd lamb and I like the local american lamb as well.

Hi,

For my sake---I disagree with that---. It is consumable because it is slaughtered for human consumption---the neck is cut and the blood drained---say a prayer and consume it---.

Technically the meat stays as halal---the differentiation is of it being Zabiha---. The islamic process of cutting the throat and recitation makes it Zabiha---the identity of it being Halal stays the same.

Sir,

For the meat to be halal it needs to fulfil both of the conditions as follows;
  1. It should be from halal animal (goat, sheep, cow, camel, buffalo, bull etc...but not pig, dog or other predators)
  2. It should have been slaughtered in the Islamic way (except for the fish and other sea food)
It is like if you want to secure admission in MD (MBBS) in Pakistan, you need both the high school certificate (O-levels) and higher secondary school certificate (A-levels)....If you fail O-levels (condition no 1), you cannot get A-levels (conditions no. 2)...so pig or donkey etc will remain haram as they fail the first condition. However if cow is not slaughtered the Islamic way, its meat will not be halal for consumption. Please refer to any scholar on that issue as there is no difference between any sects not even between Shia and Wahabis (two extremes) .

Sir,

For the meat to be halal it needs to fulfil both of the conditions as follows;
  1. It should be from halal animal (goat, sheep, cow, camel, buffalo, bull etc...but not pig, dog or other predators)
  2. It should have been slaughtered in the Islamic way (except for the fish and other sea food)
It is like if you want to secure admission in MD (MBBS) in Pakistan, you need both the high school certificate (O-levels) and higher secondary school certificate (A-levels)....If you fail O-levels (condition no 1), you cannot get A-levels (conditions no. 2)...so pig or donkey etc will remain haram as they fail the first condition. However if cow is not slaughtered the Islamic way, its meat will not be halal for consumption. Please refer to any scholar on that issue as there is no difference between any sects not even between Shia and Wahabis (two extremes) .

Hi,

That why I stated----for me---meat for Halal animal is fine as long as it is for human consumption ie---sold in the store---.

Muslim scholars are a dime a dozen---. Here is an interesting read---.

http://muslimmatters.org/2011/04/27/can-we-get-past-the-meat/

I like goat meat because it is much more lean less fat, as for lamb you cannot go wrong with afghani sheep when in Pakistan:tup:. But you like NZ lamb...............well you have a better palate than mine :D

Hi,

That why I stated----for me---meat for Halal animal is fine as long as it is for human consumption ie---sold in the store---.

Muslim scholars are a dime a dozen---. Here is an interesting read---.

http://muslimmatters.org/2011/04/27/can-we-get-past-the-meat/
That is your understanding and action and it's between you and Allah. But when we talk on a public forum we have to tell the truth.
I think you are really confused about the definition of a scholar since a scholar is invaluable. However, if you have enough knowledge of holy Quran and hadeeth you can find out yourself. I can help you with finding it read surah Al-Maeda ( ch. 5) to understand what are haram and halal about the food since it is the duty of every Muslim to gain sufficient knowledge of the religion and on the day of judgement ignorance will not be accepted as an excuse since we have been given the unalterable holy Quran and authentic hadeeth of the Prophet (ﷺ)

Last edited:
That is your understanding and action and it between you and Allah. But when we talk on a public forum we have to tell the truth.
I think you are really confused about the definition of a scholar since a scholar is invaluable. However, if you have enough knowledge of holy Quran and hadeeth you can find out yourself. I can help you with finding it read surah Al-Maeda ( ch. 5) to understand what are haram and halal about the food since it is the duty of every Muslim to gain sufficient knowledge of the religion and on the day of judgement ignorance will not be accepted as an excuse since we have been given the unalterable holy Quran and authentic hadeeth of the Prophet (ﷺ)

Hi,

If you and i were together sitting down talking---I would share an anecdote with you---but I cannot do it on the public forum---but then you might not understand it till you get to your 60's.

Anyway---eating zabiha or non zabiha halal meat is not one of the 5 pillars of islam---just remember that ( i did not say eating haram )---and even amongst the 5 pillars---each and everyone of them would be smacked back at their faces for they were done for show---.

As i said, we dont consume lamb. It is sheep meat followed by goat. I have had NZ, Aussie, Cape and Kimberley/Kalahari/Namib. Kimberley/Kalahari/Namib wins hands down.

Eating meat here is a passion not even a pastime. People have external freezers - I mean small home sized freezers - that is the extent; from hunting and farms; this is the only way.

Actually no, I believe some chains do carry Kalahari beef - You may have to ask but I know from my british and German friends that it is super expensive because of its status. In Germany i know it is carried in all major supermarket chains but 2nd most expensive after argentina beef. For those wanting Halal, Botswana beef is certified from not only the slaughter process but to origin e.g. no bone meal given etc.

As i said, we dont consume lamb. It is sheep meat followed by goat. I have had NZ, Aussie, Cape and Kimberley/Kalahari/Namib. Kimberley/Kalahari/Namib wins hands down.

Eating meat here is a passion not even a pastime. People have external freezers - I mean small home sized freezers - that is the extent; from hunting and farms; this is the only way.

Hi,

You know---I have pakistani and afghan lamb---then american, NZ and australian lamb---. NZ lamb is good---.

If I had the opportunity---I will try the SA lamb---.

Hi,

You know---I have pakistani and afghan lamb---then american, NZ and australian lamb---. NZ lamb is good---.

If I had the opportunity---I will try the SA lamb---.
I had sheep meat in Iran, it was really good. Lamb we cannot consume under kosher laws.

Back
Top Bottom