What's new

5.56/223 and 5.45/222 weapon options and selection

Honestly speaking, none of these AK pieces look legit, I may be wrong though.
First AK is either extensively modified or is Darra made and wow he’s asking 900k for that, absolutely absurd. second Bulgarian one also has parts replaced. And the last ak 47 seems like it was the first manufactured weapon of its class.
I would advise you to only purchase a new weapon.
Which parts do you feel are changed in that bulgarian 222 by the look of it?
What options do i have for a new ak74/222? And what price should i expect for a new 222? Saiga and bulgarian are the only two options for a new 222. Some agents claim that even most of the new bulgarian 222 have only 80% genuine parts in them. So that's make my head spin.
So i want two advices from you personally.
1. Should i get a brand new Chinese CQA (for 380k) or a grease pack american M16a4 (for 530k)?
2. Which weapon would you consider for yourself for a 222 caliber? I'm willing to spend 400k for this type of weapon.
I'll be thankful if anyone can share or use their contacts for these weapons.

556/223:
As per your advice i have finally decided to go for a CQA. A dealer is quoting me 380k for a new CQA in 556. Is this a good price or he's trying to rip me off? I'm attaching the pics.
View attachment 631758 View attachment 631759
Can you guide me what to for when buying a new CQA or any weapon?

545/222:
I have no plan to convert my fathers ak47 to 222 but a friend is bringing a chinese ak47 for me as a gift. I tired but couldn't get myself a license for an ak47 so i was thinking to get it converted to 222 since i already have the license. But your advice is a good one to sell it and get a geniune 222. I talked to a few dealers in pehsawar and darra but they were saying that a genuine russian side folder 222 will be very hard to find and will cost me around 800k for a good piece. But if a chinese or preferably a bulgarian is available at 230-260k i will be willing to buy it. And can you hook me up with your sources who could find me a bulgarian 222?

12 guage:
It will be for hunting purposes. Birds and wild boar.
I don’t know if you have baikal mp153 available in Pakistan comes with adjustable gas block great value. I used to own one at one point. Very fast cycling and once broken down properly very reliable too

556/223:
Due to import ban & dollar rate, prices have really surges. A friend of mine had bought his Local assembled with Imported parts for 280k last year. but then in those days you could get a NATO mag for 800rs/- & M4 barrel for 35k.
Feburary prices for Nato barrel were 110k & BCG for 50k. If you look at this way, folks in Peshawar are selling local assembled at 325,000/- +/- 10k these days . so 360k - 380k for an original Chinese is ok....However still keep him on hold & check with other dealers i.e Haider Arms, Fakhar e Alam in Peshawar. Check the price of same in Darra since all this is coming from Afghanistan these days....

222: it's been a while since i went looking for this piece or I saw one in market, however do check with Haider Arms,Peshawar. If he doesn't have it then he can help you get one

12g: not sure on Hunting, since i never got into this thing however MP155 is a solid gun and is perfect for the use.
BCG are awesome I m not into auto loader but for ar15 bcg assemblies are a great choice

View attachment 632463 this is much clearer pic
i don’t know u r the expert bro @Foxtrot Delta
Wow finger on the trigger! And ppl let him close to the guns

I don’t know if you have baikal mp153 available in Pakistan comes with adjustable gas block great value. I used to own one at one point. Very fast cycling and once broken down properly very reliable too

BCG are awesome I m not into auto loader but for ar15 bcg assemblies are a great choice

Wow finger on the trigger! And ppl let him close to the guns
i was there
he cleared the gun many times and safety was on

Which parts do you feel are changed in that bulgarian 222 by the look of it?
What options do i have for a new ak74/222? And what price should i expect for a new 222? Saiga and bulgarian are the only two options for a new 222. Some agents claim that even most of the new bulgarian 222 have only 80% genuine parts in them. So that's make my head spin.
So i want two advices from you personally.
1. Should i get a brand new Chinese CQA (for 380k) or a grease pack american M16a4 (for 530k)?
2. Which weapon would you consider for yourself for a 222 caliber? I'm willing to spend 400k for this type of weapon.
I'll be thankful if anyone can share or use their contacts for these weapons.

Bhai jaan the Bulgarian one is giving such vibes. I wouldn’t risk my money on such a piece just by the first look.

You have all the options my friend, provided you have a license and are willing to spend the money. The dealers here have everything but price is one thing you can’t argue with them on much. Especially if you are purchasing an uncommon and new weapon. So if your talking about 545, ak 100 series are probably the best. Probably will cost you a little north of a million tho. Bulgarians are much cheaper and I would personally prefer keeping it, if it’s a new piece tho or belongs to someone I know.

Considering your budget and if you can stretch it to the m16a4 and if that weapon is legit you should get it, you’d only be sacrificing mobility for a better quality, and I doubt you’d be using the weapon for CQBs :D. So that would be a good choice. Just check the serials on the weapon before getting it to be sure.
There are a few dealers in Lahore and fsd who are known for their competence

Last edited:
Nope, unless you have someone bring in their checked luggage, but only pin / spring set, handguards, grips etc...no trigger group, Gas block, barrel etc

few pics to give you an idea, what we are dealing with hereView attachment 633792 View attachment 633793 View attachment 633794 View attachment 633795

as far as i know, licenses in Punjab are not being made....Islamabad / Punjab only were being made till March 2020 & later were stopped due to Pandemic ....KPK is issuing licenses to it's residents only...
The only place remaining where your friend can get a license for you these days is Balochistan....If he is going to get you from Balochistan, then get only from Quetta DC office, do not go for any other district i.e Panjgyr, Naseerabad etc, Quetta license comes at higher price but is verifiable and widely accepted across the country, less hassle with Police if stopped.
What scopes are you using on these weapons and what is their price on the local market?

223/556:
At the moment i can't decide between chinese CQA for 380k and american m16a4 grease pack (as claimed by the dealer) for 530k. I'm totally confused about 5.56 weapon selection.
View attachment 634301
I borrowed my friend's m16a4 for a day to familiarize myself with it. It feels a bit heavy and long but manageable. I spent a day with the CQA and it is very light and enjoyable, but the difference between fit and finish was prominent. I will occasionally use the weapon in auto mode. But i'm still confused which one to get.

222/5.45:
I have two options for this weapon now since i have discarded the ak47 converted option bcz of the barrel. The first one is the side folder russian ak74 and the other one is bulgarian fixed or side folder ak74.
First the russian ak74.
View attachment 634302 View attachment 634306 View attachment 634303 View attachment 634304 View attachment 634305
That's also my other friends ak74. According to him its a russian Tula made prototype 1968 model ak74 (Tula uses 45 degree gas blocks in its ak74's) and he's claiming it's price is 900k. What do you guys think about this one?
Now the bulgarian fixed stock ak74.
View attachment 634307 View attachment 634309 View attachment 634310 View attachment 634311 View attachment 634312 View attachment 634313 View attachment 634308 View attachment 634314
This is a bulgarian ak74. The dealer is demanding 440k for this rifle. If the dealer comes down to 320-350k then it's a good option imo.

Now check one thing more
Ak47:
View attachment 634316

Another friend who is in military promised me an ak47 as a gift, and this is the weapon he showed me if i'm interested in getting this rifle. After looking at the condition of this rifle i rejected to take this as a gift, lol. Should i get this one as a gift?
223/556:
It's personal preference, i like to stay within the boundaries of the law and like CQB set up, hence i would avoid the M16A4 owing to it's length and Full Auto action...i would either go with CQA or All imported parts local M4 from reputed manufacturer.

If you are getting m16A4 then just for your information, all m16s given to Afghans have QR code stamped on the receiver, so if ensure that this QR code is present on the receiver to authenticate the originality of the weapon...

initially i did not read your text properly so assumed 1st gun to be bulgarian but i read your text now and you said 1st weapon is Russian, which is wrong. As far as I know original AK 74 came with fixed stock. The only one which came with Bulgarian style side folding are Vepr or Saiga series weapons, and I don't see any Saiga or Vepr markings on the gun. This raises questions on the authenticity of the weapon & it's true origin...
Original Tula 222 in 2nd pic is a collectors items so it's your call

AK47
I would take the gift, atleast it's an original AKM, check the barrel condition and take it....

What scopes are you using on these weapons and what is their price on the local market?
those are not mine, took them 2 years back while window shopping

Last edited:
223/556:
It's personal preference, i like to stay within the boundaries of the law and like CQB set up, hence i would avoid the M16A4 owing to it's length and Full Auto action...i would either go with CQA or All imported parts local M4 from reputed manufacturer.

If you are getting m16A4 then just for your information, all m16s given to Afghans have QR code stamped on the receiver, so if ensure that this QR code is present on the receiver to authenticate the originality of the weapon...

initially i did not read your text properly so assumed 1st gun to be bulgarian but i read your text now and you said 1st weapon is Russian, which is wrong. As far as I know original AK 74 came with fixed stock. The only one which came with Bulgarian style side folding are Vepr or Saiga series weapons, and I don't see any Saiga or Vepr markings on the gun. This raises questions on the authenticity of the weapon & it's true origin...
Original Tula 222 in 2nd pic is a collectors items so it's your call

AK47
I would take the gift, atleast it's an original AKM, check the barrel condition and take it....

those are not mine, took them 2 years back while window shopping

I'm tilting more towards the CQA which will save me some cash for the extra ammo for practice. Will buy the 223 immediately after eid and will upload the pics here.

As far as 222 is concerned the first one is the russian side folder ak74s and the second one is a bulgarian 222.
The problem i have with the first one is that Tula did make 222 in 1981 with fixed stock and 45 degree gas block but this gun is claimed to be made in 1968 as a prototype by Tula and that's make me suspicious. I'm now looking for a brand new bulgarian side folder with plastic type black stock.

That russian ak47 is claimed to have more than 80% of its barrel life remaining.

am having some doubts over this M4...is it imported or All American Parts with local Receiver?

This is M16 upper mated to M4 barrel

And if i see correct, it's an M16A2 upper to be specific

comparing a milspec weapon to a commercial spec weapon is uncalled for. CQ is although stamped with 5.56 and will eat the 5.56 but it is still not a Milspec weapon, it is a sporting rifle meant to be fired in S/A & not full auto...

I know few geniuses in Punjab & Sindh who converted their Norinco rifles to Full Auto by swapping out the Bolt Carrier & Trigger Group and later complained after a Mag dump that weapon starts to Jam...comparing this to those who are using CQAs for Self Defence purpose in S/A , are happy with it after extensive use down range....CQ-A is a quality weapon and serves it's purpose let there be no doubt but comparing it to M-4 or Bushmaster or an FN is being unjust

in Pakistan, weapon is PB, not based on round or calibre but the Action, unless it's AK47 we are talking about. That P.B in any form. You can have any 5.56 stamped weapon endorsed on your valid license provided that the weapon has been converted to Semi / Auto Action only. It is same like saying that 5.45 cannot be entered on NPB lic however you can have it entered as .222 if it is S/A....
Any weapon which can fire in Full / Auto is P.B, be it 12g, 9mm or a .44

Another option i have is to get a M16a4 and convert it to an M4 by shortening the barrel (since it has 1:7 groves which can stabilize m855 bullet even after shortening the barrel to 14.5'') and by replacing the stock. Only difference between this and the real m4 will be the feed ramps. What's your take on that?

Another question i have is can i import magazine springs, hand guards and other type of springs n pins for my weapons through courier service from USA n Europe?

I clearly understand the difference b/w .223 & 5.56 round sir and I know how 7.62 x 51 is being entered as .308 ....
I was just trying to get the issue straight that in Pakistan you can enter a 5.56 calibre weapon as .223 and still fire 5.56....there is no problem with this...

either it's a Colt XME 177 / Colt 727 or M16A2 upper....If it's XME than it's a rare piece and collector's item, but do check the barrel condition .... If it's M16A2 upper mated to M4 barrel that means it has been altered with so stay away from it....There are many conversions being done of such nature where people converted their A1s & A2s to M4 by cutting the barrel & adding in the rail...

Also note that in this weapon, Carry handle is fixed so you won't be able to remove it & your Optic / Sight options will be limited
Aoa, sorry just checked this thread, but I want to say, I have an original XME 177

licenses are open?
and is import of weapons possible؟
Licenses are not open yet in some parts of country , but every caliber gun is available in Peshawar karkhano and darra
licenses are open?
and is import of weapons possible؟
You can import your weapon on your own new demand note, issued by NADRA

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom