What's new

5.56/223 and 5.45/222 weapon options and selection

Baloch Pakistani

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I'm starting this thread for the expert advice of the members.
At the moment i have three weapons
1. 9mm Glock 17
2. 32 bore llama pistol
3. Ak47 (My father has its permit and i'm just a retainer)

I also have 223, 222 and 12 bore licenses.
5.56/223:
I have these options for this weapon.
i. American M4 (which costs more than a million)
ii. Chinese CQa M4 clone (costs around 4 lakh)
iii. Local assembled with all imported parts (4 lakh)
iv. Moonstar made (2.5 lakh)
V. Darra made with 4140 material (1.2 lakh)
vi. American M16a4 (6.7 lakh for grease pack and 5 lakh for a used one)

5.45/222:
The only option i'm considering for this weapon is to convert an ak47 into 222. But when getting it coverted to 222 what measures should be taken so that i get the best conversion and material (4150 barrel is the best but i haven't found this metal here so far).

12 guage Shotgun:
I'm looking for an auto loader only. Following are the options i'm cosidering.
i. Baikal 155 (around 1 lakh)
ii. All turkish auto loaders (from 40000 to 60000)

Please suggest me the weapons which i should be looking for especially the M4 variants and i'm not willing to spend more than 4-5 lakh, but what if i can source the 4150 for the barrel and 7075 for the upper and lower reciever can i rely on the weapons made in peshawar or darra or are these just for wall decoration.

Weapons made in Darra are unreliable. The issue is with the metalergy of the metal used. There is no standard material being used and hence if you are lucky and got a good weapon made of good quality steel it can last very long but if you are not lucky than barrel can blast in your hand.

Furthermore, if you are planning to use at shooting range then darra made weapons are not advisable as they cannot match the precision of weapons made with advance machinery.

skip AR platform. AK47 is solid.
Shotgun: aways get pump action. I had my HK semiauto close the chamber and I had to wait to get it to cool down but regardless, pump is reliable.
darn, u can get AR15 for USD $650.
Save the money and put a solid red dot on the AK. That is all that you need.

Don't waste your money on Darra or local made weapons.
- M4 is expensive, you can get a krink in decent price instead
- Go for MP 155 Baikal
- Do not waste your money on imported materials as well because you won't get the mill report either

Why waste your money on all low end guns? Invest your money in a quality AR carbine and a quality pistol. Some neat accessories. Spend rest of the money on 2x extra mags for pistol and your carbine, Ammo and most important training.

Furthermore, if you are planning to use at shooting range then darra made weapons are not advisable as they cannot match the precision of weapons made with advance machinery.
The guns will be used mainly for defense purpose and occasionally at shooting range. Another option i have is to import the barrel blank from USA which will already be rifled in 5.45 caliber (i don't know if its allowed or not).

Shotgun: aways get pump action. I had my HK semiauto close the chamber and I had to wait to get it to cool down but regardless, pump is reliable.
Don't want to skip the AR platform bcz 223 is not very reliable in ak47 shape as learned by reading a lot of forums and also have personal experience of bad performance of ak in 223 bore.
How many round did u shoot in that auto loader which caused it to close the chamber?

Don't waste your money on Darra or local made weapons.
- M4 is expensive, you can get a krink in decent price instead
- Go for MP 155 Baikal
- Do not waste your money on imported materials as well because you won't get the mill report either
Since i have two rifle licenses (223 and 222) so will get both of them ultimately. The krinks are at the around 7-8 lakh and the cheaper ones are converted from ak47 with local barrels. As is mentioned above what if i import a barrel blank rifled in 5.45 ?
And is baikal worth it to pay double the amount of those turkish auto loaders?
Why waste your money on all low end guns? Invest your money in a quality AR carbine and a quality pistol. Some neat accessories. Spend rest of the money on 2x extra mags for pistol and your carbine, Ammo and most important training.
That's a good advice. I should get these weapons one at time and stop thinking to get all of them in one go.

And do you guys think that a grease pack m16a4 at 670000 or a used m16a4 at 520000 is worth it?

As is mentioned above what if i import a barrel blank rifled in 5.45 ?
And is baikal worth it to pay double the amount of those turkish auto loaders?
You can get original Russian or Bulgarian AK74 in less than 500,000K, you just have to reach out to some resourceful person. I am not too sure about importing parts and installing here..
Baikal is worth its money, trust me on this.

from where to buy original firearms

I'm starting this thread for the expert advice of the members.
At the moment i have three weapons
1. 9mm Glock 17
2. 32 bore llama pistol
3. Ak47 (My father has its permit and i'm just a retainer)

I also have 223, 222 and 12 bore licenses.
5.56/223:
I have these options for this weapon.
i. American M4 (which costs more than a million)
ii. Chinese CQa M4 clone (costs around 4 lakh)
iii. Local assembled with all imported parts (4 lakh)
iv. Moonstar made (2.5 lakh)
V. Darra made with 4140 material (1.2 lakh)
vi. American M16a4 (6.7 lakh for grease pack and 5 lakh for a used one)

5.45/222:
The only option i'm considering for this weapon is to convert an ak47 into 222. But when getting it coverted to 222 what measures should be taken so that i get the best conversion and material (4150 barrel is the best but i haven't found this metal here so far).

12 guage Shotgun:
I'm looking for an auto loader only. Following are the options i'm cosidering.
i. Baikal 155 (around 1 lakh)
ii. All turkish auto loaders (from 40000 to 60000)

Please suggest me the weapons which i should be looking for especially the M4 variants and i'm not willing to spend more than 4-5 lakh, but what if i can source the 4150 for the barrel and 7075 for the upper and lower reciever can i rely on the weapons made in peshawar or darra or are these just for wall decoration.
5.56/223:

I have surveyed all of them, and I have seen inside out all of the manufacturers in Peshawar, Most of them know me very well. My personal advise if you are not a weapon expert DO NOT go for anything local....if you can afford, go for CQ-A 5.56 stamped Chinese M4 , NOT the Norinco Stamped .223 ....CQA has a different barrel twist rate & will eat 5.56 m85 ball ammo, Norinco stamped .223 has Twist rate more suited for .223 rounds, although it will also shoot 5.56 Nato rounds

5.45/222:

Don't be crazy and don't convert the original AK47, you will ruin your rifle. If you don't want to keep it, best advise sell it to someone who knows it's value & in same money you can pick Krinkov or Bulgarian 5.45. there are chinese and Vepr also available but they go a little high....search for Bulgarian & Chinese you will get them around 230-260k

12 guage Shotgun:
depends on what are you looking for, what is the purpose of the weapon

5.56/223:

I have surveyed all of them, and I have seen inside out all of the manufacturers in Peshawar, Most of them know me very well. My personal advise if you are not a weapon expert DO NOT go for anything local....if you can afford, go for CQ-A 5.56 stamped Chinese M4 , NOT the Norinco Stamped .223 ....CQA has a different barrel twist rate & will eat 5.56 m85 ball ammo, Norinco stamped .223 has Twist rate more suited for .223 rounds, although it will also shoot 5.56 Nato rounds

5.45/222:

Don't be crazy and don't convert the original AK47, you will ruin your rifle. If you don't want to keep it, best advise sell it to someone who knows it's value & in same money you can pick Krinkov or Bulgarian 5.45. there are chinese and Vepr also available but they go a little high....search for Bulgarian & Chinese you will get them around 230-260k

12 guage Shotgun:
How much is a krink these days?

5.56/223:

5.45/222:

12 guage Shotgun:

556/223:
As per your advice i have finally decided to go for a CQA. A dealer is quoting me 380k for a new CQA in 556. Is this a good price or he's trying to rip me off? I'm attaching the pics.
IMG-20200512-WA0012.jpg
IMG-20200512-WA0011.jpg

Can you guide me what to for when buying a new CQA or any weapon?

545/222:
I have no plan to convert my fathers ak47 to 222 but a friend is bringing a chinese ak47 for me as a gift. I tired but couldn't get myself a license for an ak47 so i was thinking to get it converted to 222 since i already have the license. But your advice is a good one to sell it and get a geniune 222. I talked to a few dealers in pehsawar and darra but they were saying that a genuine russian side folder 222 will be very hard to find and will cost me around 800k for a good piece. But if a chinese or preferably a bulgarian is available at 230-260k i will be willing to buy it. And can you hook me up with your sources who could find me a bulgarian 222?

12 guage:
It will be for hunting purposes. Birds and wild boar.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom