What's new

45th anniversary of the Six-Day War

@KingSalomon wannabe

You are jumping from IT IS SAID to some other wishful thinking of your own .
Please revise your post and look how stupid it is.

LOL, you my dear poster is just trying to float the sinking boat desperately. :lol:

It is widely held by many think tanks, including FAS that Israel possessed at least 10 nuclear warheads in 1967 and more than 100 in 1973.

Had the Zionists wished, all Arab cities would have been pulverized and flattened by now. Our adversaries would be back to primitive, bedounistic way of living that they lived not a century ago.

IDF was less than 100 km away when ceasefire was declared in 1967 and 73. Had the Zionists so wished, you would require Israeli passport to enter Jordan, Egypt and Syria today.

All Arabs were and are in the mercy of the Zionists. They know this, we know this. Just like you, my dear friend, is in the mercy of infidel, secular Canada while chanting away "wannabe" Islamist slogans everywhere around the forum. :)

But don't worry, Zionists are not blood thirsty terrorists like our adversaries. We are humane and know power comes with responsibility.

i heard in the documentry some where that the egyptians were claiming victory whereas in reality they were loosing on all fronts .. is it really true ? and if there is a source available ? if this has happened its a gross blunder by egyptian high command !

i heard in the documentry some where that the egyptians were claiming victory whereas in reality they were loosing on all fronts .. is it really true ? and if there is a source available ? if this has happened its a gross blunder by egyptian high command !

Solomon2 posted a good account with source:

At news of the start of the war -

...'Amer was nevertheless elated...He promptly commanded Sidqi Mahmud to provide air cover for the conquest of Israel's coast (Operation Leopard) and to deploy Egypt's newest Sukhoi jets, if necessary with their Russian instructors -

...Throughout the capital [Cairo] the citizenry was celebrating. "The streets were overflowing with demonstrators," rememberbered Eric Rouleau, Middle East correspondent for Le Monde...The sole source of information was the ogvernment's communiqué: "With an aerial strike against Cairo and across the UAR, Israel began its attack today at 9:00. Our planes scrambled and held off the attack."

The accounts of that counterstrike were promising. A total of eighty-six enemy planes reportedly shot down, including an American bomber. Egypt's losses were put at two -

....Not present at Supreme Headquarters when the news of the Israeli air strikes arrived, Nasser also welcomed the opening of hostilities and believed the tide would soon turn. Nevertheless, by 10:00 - the height of the second wave - when the air force claimed to have downed 161 Israeli bombers, Nasser becames suspicious. He tried contacting 'Amer, but received no reply; Sidqi Mahmud was also unreachable -

...Nasser remained in the dark, not the least because no one in the army or the government dared enlighten him. All went along....

But the Egyptians had, in reality, just lost 286 of the 420 combat aircraft in their arsenal: Tu-16s, IL-28s, Sukhoi-7s, MiG-21s, MiG-19s, MiG-17s, transport planes and helicopters - and almost a third of their pilots killed. Thirteen bases were rendered inoperable. Only 17 Israeli aircraft had been lost:

At 10:35 Hod turned to Rabin and reported, "The Egyptian Air Force has ceased to exist."

...pilot Hashem Husayn, stationed at Bir al-Thamada, described the feeling:

Some 30 seconds from the end of the [first] attack, a second wave of planes arrived...We ran about the desert, looking for cover, but the planes didn't shoot. They merely circled, their pilots surprised that the base was comletely destroyed and that no targets remained. We were the only targets...weak humans scurrying in the desert...pilots of the newest and best-equipped jets fighting with handguns. Five minutes after the beginning of the attack the planes disappeared and a silence prevailed that encompassed the desert and the noise of the fire that destroyed our planes and the airbase and the squadron. They completed their assignment in the best way possible, with a ratio of losses - 100 percent for us, 0 percent for them.​

Source: Six Days of War, Michael Oren, pp. 176-178.

We did? hahahahahha? We did?

Your memory Sir is blanking out after the first few days of the 1973 war.

What happened after those few days, and not present in your memory is my dear! something along the following lines.

1. The whole Egyptian 3rd army was encircled.
2. Israeli army was on the Egyptian side of the Suez.

The only way Egyptians got Sinai back was to go to America and beg for peace with Israel.

So please do not think everyone else has lost their memory about war history.

Thank you.
i have said the same post all over this fourm
the isreali troops who were on the other side on the suez canal couldnt achieve any of their objectives they attacked 2 small cities suez and ismailia in suez they were held back by egyptian infantry and the people of suez in ismailia thunderbolt commandos with no heavy weapons defended the city
about the 3rd army we can take losses our army have greater numbers and if they attacked they would have suffered heavy losses and they have at that point suffered heavy casualties besides we could have asked reinforcements from our brothers sudan if needed and we had army bases in sudan we can call home any time
and isreal was the first to call for peace
and sadat started this war to have a political solution becouse we dont have mobile air defense so we cant take all sainai by war at the time and what the high command planed succeeded
1 destory or occupay barliev line which was the strongest defense line in modern history and took 6 years to complete and we finished it in 6 hours
2 make a defensive line in saini under our air defense cover and force the enemy to fight us on land and make them suffer heavy losses
3 after completing these objectives negotiate with the US for a fair peace treaty to get our land back
after all war is an act of violence intended to compel our opponent to fulfill our will and it is clear who won and who lose
i should copy this post it is so boring to repeat it everywhere

yes it is true our high command did try to cover that and most of our army high command has changed after the 1967 war

yes it is true our high command did try to cover that and most of our army high command has changed after the 1967 war

Thanks Mehmoud , did it got investigated , why did they do it ? was it misreporting from the officers in the field or a bluff on their own by the high command , no offence mate just curious to know ..

Thanks Mehmoud , did it got investigated , why did they do it ? was it misreporting from the officers in the field or a bluff on their own by the high command , no offence mate just curious to know ..
no problem my friend
the top generals at the time were not good our marshal abd el hakeem 3amer was focused on politcal issues with abd el nasser
some generals were so sure that there will be no war there was even some soldiers came to sainai without their uniform
what has happened is isreal threatened syria so our amry was deployed in sainai just as a warning or like gen shazly said a militarily protest to scare isreal so they dont attack syria while the real target was egypt our high command has done exactly what the isreals want them to at that time our command was not professional and it was political bs more than what the army want or need

i have said the same post all over this fourm
the isreali troops who were on the other side on the suez canal couldnt achieve any of their objectives
They achieved their main objective: encyrcled 3rd Egyptian army. Only superpower intervention prevented its destruction. Saddat who rejected cease fire on 12th Oct was begging for cease fire in 22 Oct.

Back to the topic. Gun camera footages from Six Day war:

First airfield neutralization.
from 4:45 - air to air.
from 6:33 - interdiction operations.

Last edited by a moderator:
On Ammunition Hill, almost half a century later, fighters from both banks of the Jordan find a kind of peace

Flowers replace rifles at a unique encounter between Israeli and Jordanian veterans of the Six Day War

N
early 18 years have passed since Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin and King Hussein signed the Jordan Valley peace agreement, normalizing relations between Israel and Jordan. But even the most obsessive observers of Israeli-Jordanian ties find it hard to remember an encounter as extraordinary and emotional as the one that took place in Jerusalem mid-June, away from the limelight, between veterans of the Six Day War from both sides.

A group of 20 veterans, mostly-high ranking Jordanian and Israeli retired officers, met in Jerusalem June 18 and 19, and toured the sites of battles that pitted them against each other nearly half a century ago. “We once looked at each other through the barrels of guns,” said one man. “Now we shook hands and exchanged war stories.”

‘Humanity hasn’t yet found the way to avoid war, but when you meet the soldier who fought against you, you realize he’s just a person and you ask yourself, “What were we doing killing each other?”‘
The meeting was organized by the Israeli Economic Cooperation Foundation (ECF) and Jordan’s Amman Center for Peace and Development (ACPD), and funded by the German Friedrich Ebert Foundation. The Israeli veterans, unsentimental warriors in their seventies and eighties, told The Times of Israel they were deeply moved by the encounter with the Jordanians.

“This is the first time such an event took place in Israel,” said Colonel (res.) Yossi Langotsky, who served as company commander in the Jerusalem Reconnaissance Unit when the 1967 war broke out. ”It wasn’t easy. I personally killed Jordanian soldiers at close range.”

The highlight of the event, agreed participants, was a memorial service held at Ammunition Hill, the site of one of the fiercest battles. Thirty-six Israeli soldiers and 71 Jordanians lost their lives on Ammunition Hill and the adjacent police academy on June 6, 1967.

At the wrenching ceremony, the site now decorated with flowers, an Israeli veteran read out the names of the IDF’s fallen soldiers and a Jordanian veteran read out the names of the Jordanians. Israeli poet Haim Gouri, who served as company commander during the battles of Jerusalem, read his famous poem “Here our Bodies Lie,” translated into Arabic for the ceremony.

Major-Res-Yossi-Langotsky-1967-001-001-195x293.jpg

Yossi Langotsky was a major (res.)
in 1967 (photo credit: Courtesy)

“That was a chilling moment,” said Langotsky. “The whole event was deeply moving. It highlighted the absurdity of war. Humanity hasn’t yet found the way to avoid war, but when you meet the soldier who fought against you, you realize he’s just a person and you ask yourself, ‘What were we doing killing each other?’”

Langotsky, who won the medal of distinguished service for his bravery in the battles near Kibbutz Ramat Rachel, said he never felt any animosity towards the Jordanian soldiers.

When the group reached the kibbutz, Langotsky read out a letter written by Captain (Res.) Yaakov Eilam to his wife Ruthie and baby child, just two days before he was killed at the battle of the Kidron valley in Jerusalem.

“If we could only be assured that this would be the last war between peoples, regardless who is right and who is wrong, I would dedicate my entire being and all my means just to be able to leave a legacy of peace,” wrote Eilam in his letter.

Langotsky married Eilam’s widow Ruthie following the war.

Nachum Baruchi, a member of Kibbutz Be’erot Yitzhak, was a mechanized infantry company commander in the Harel armored brigade, which fought the Jordanians north of Jerusalem. He said that although he had met Jordanian officers before, visiting the battle sites with them was different. Baruchi even discovered a tank commander who fought against him in one of the battles and was forced to abandon his tank after being hit by Israeli forces.

“He aimed his cannon at me,” recalled Baruchi, “and then I saw his tank go up in flames.”

“For the entire length of the visit I perked my ears, trying not to miss a word,” Baruchi told The Times of Israel. “The entire visit took place in an atmosphere of mutual respect, honor and reconciliation.”

%D7%A2%D7%9C-%D7%9E%D7%92%D7%93%D7%9C-%D7%99%D7%93-%D7%90%D7%A1%D7%90-195x293.jpg

Nachum Baruchi explains the battle
that took place at Sheikh Abd Al-Aziz
(photo credit: Courtesy)

Baruchi said he had always respected the Jordanian army.

“Ever since I was a child I considered the Jordanian army professional and fair in the way they treated our prisoners of war,” he said. “They were not savages.”

The inevitable question of memory came up during the visit, Baruchi said, but he added that historic accuracy was less significant than sharing experiences.

“It is natural for both sides to embellish the stories as time passes,” he said. “Everyone has a measure of cognitive dissonance and tries to adjust his memory to make himself appear victorious.”

A retired Jordanian major general who attended the meeting commended the “bravery and manliness of the Israeli warriors,” saying that the Jordanian contingent came to Israel to convey a message of peace to the Israeli side.

‘It is natural for both sides to embellish the stories as time passes. Everyone has a measure of cognitive dissonance and tries to adjust his memory to make himself appear victorious’
“Arabs are interested in peace,” he told The Times of Israel, albeit on condition of anonymity. “Israel now faces the opportunity of achieving peace with 57 Muslim states through the Arab Peace Initiative.”

Baruchi said he had no doubt that Jordan’s ruling echelon allowed the meeting to go forward in order to send Israel a political message.

“Our scriptures say ‘Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more,’” he said. “It’s time to make that happen.”

Last edited by a moderator:
We did? hahahahahha? We did?

Your memory Sir is blanking out after the first few days of the 1973 war.

What happened after those few days, and not present in your memory is my dear! something along the following lines.

1. The whole Egyptian 3rd army was encircled.
2. Israeli army was on the Egyptian side of the Suez.

The only way Egyptians got Sinai back was to go to America and beg for peace with Israel.

So please do not think everyone else has lost their memory about war history.

Thank you.

Dear FaujiHistorian,

I believe, Mahmoud_EGY is 100% right to claim this. Do you know about Barlief Line? The defence line created by Israel with the help of USA and named after Gen. Barlief the one who was himself involved in creation of it after 1967 war. Israeli's think that this is imortal defence line and impossible to over-run. Egyptian's proofed that concept as totally wrong in 1973 war.

Though in the last day's of battle the Israeli's able to encircle the 3rd Army; but only through USA's intelligence and satellite's help to spot the weak points. Not on its own, with the help of a superpower. Believe me without USA's help - Israelis are nothing. They can fight only with stone carying children's but can't face an enemy with weapon in his hand. (Last conflict with Hizb-Allah is a proof). Israelis only master of conspiracies, but weak in a face to face confrontation.

It was not Egypt, who begged for peace, in real it was Israel; after realizing the weaknesses of Israelis, USA lure them to settle some matter with other parties - actual plan was to disintegrate the unity among ARABS - they setteled the account with the strongest party; the EGYPTIANS - USA and Israelis achieve this target to a greater extent.

Dear FaujiHistorian,

I believe, Mahmoud_EGY is 100% right to claim this. Do you know about Barlief Line? The defence line created by Israel with the help of USA and named after Gen. Barlief the one who was himself involved in creation of it after 1967 war. Israeli's think that this is imortal defence line and impossible to over-run. Egyptian's proofed that concept as totally wrong in 1973 war.
This "immortal defence" was nothing but sand rampant and it was protected by 450 men, while Egyptians attacked it with 100,000.

Though in the last day's of battle the Israeli's able to encircle the 3rd Army; but only through USA's intelligence and satellite's help to spot the weak points. Not on its own, with the help of a superpower. Believe me without USA's help - Israelis are nothing.
This "weak point" was protected by two Egyptian divisions (21th and 16th). In addition Israelis destroyed the elite 25th tank brigade from 7th division which come for help. On the other shore Israelis destroyed 23th armor brigade from strategic reserves.

And before attacking this weak point Israelis repelled combined attack of 2 Egyptian armies, destroying 400 tanks and BMPs.

Arabs received a massive aid from USSR, including the satellite and MiG-25 images.

On Syrian front Israelis crushed 5 Syrian divisons + 1 Iraqi + 1 Jordanian armor brigade, with only 3 divisions.

Though in the last day's of battle the Israeli's able to encircle the 3rd Army; but only through USA's intelligence and satellite's help to spot the weak points. Not on its own, with the help of a superpower. Believe me without USA's help - Israelis are nothing. .....

This is what Arab mamas tell their gullible children, and this is why Arabs have never been able to face off Israel on the battle field and win a war.

Military history is impartial to religious or nationalistic propaganda. History is cruel. It does not do favors to anyone.

You feed wrong military history at your own peril my dear poster.

Respect of strong opponent is the first step in military preparation. Haven't you heard the old saying "Do not bring a knife to a gun fight".

Your post is indicative of that very gullibility. you are shouting! Israel is nothing. israel is nothing. Repeating this same mantra 5 times a day makes Arabs go with foolish and unprepared wars with Israel.

And this is the reason, why Arabs lost territory in every war since 1948 despite having immense advantage in men and material.

So America the super power supported Israel.
Then the commie Russia the other super power supported Arabs.

If USA was giving weapons and intelligence to Israel,
Commies Russians were giving the same to Arabs. Don't you know about that?

Is it then Israel's fault that Arabs picked the wrong super power?

Or you will just continue repeating mama stories and trying to make infantile efforts to sell those childhood lullabies as some pseudo-authentic war history?

peace,

This is what Arab mamas tell their gullible children, and this is why Arabs have never been able to face off Israel on the battle field and win a war.

Military history is impartial to religious or nationalistic propaganda. History is cruel. It does not do favors to anyone.

You feed wrong military history at your own peril my dear poster.

Respect of strong opponent is the first step in military preparation. Haven't you heard the old saying "Do not bring a knife to a gun fight".

Your post is indicative of that very gullibility. you are shouting! Israel is nothing. israel is nothing. Repeating this same mantra 5 times a day makes Arabs go with foolish and unprepared wars with Israel.

And this is the reason, why Arabs lost territory in every war since 1948 despite having immense advantage in men and material.

So America the super power supported Israel.
Then the commie Russia the other super power supported Arabs.

If USA was giving weapons and intelligence to Israel,
Commies Russians were giving the same to Arabs. Don't you know about that?

Is it then Israel's fault that Arabs picked the wrong super power?

Or you will just continue repeating mama stories and trying to make infantile efforts to sell those childhood lullabies as some pseudo-authentic war history?

peace,

Would you have any info on this? The Israeli's shooting down soviet planes piloted by Russians?
Operation Rimon 20 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Some Arab members claimed it is Israeli and American propoganda.

This "immortal defence" was nothing but sand rampant and it was protected by 450 men, while Egyptians attacked it with 100,000.

160km long line on which Israelis spent 300 million US$ in 1967, was only a pit of sand? Good claim...!

May be you are right that it was protected by only 450 mens; it reflects two points:

Either Israeli's were so confident of their fortification 'OR'
It was their negligence about Egypt's military abilities.

This "weak point" was protected by two Egyptian divisions (21th and 16th). In addition Israelis destroyed the elite 25th tank brigade from 7th division which come for help. On the other shore Israelis destroyed 23th armor brigade from strategic reserves.

And before attacking this weak point Israelis repelled combined attack of 2 Egyptian armies, destroying 400 tanks and BMPs.

Arabs received a massive aid from USSR, including the satellite and MiG-25 images.

On Syrian front Israelis crushed 5 Syrian divisons + 1 Iraqi + 1 Jordanian armor brigade, with only 3 divisions.

May be your claim is right, defenitely the force on charge to be sure of their victory only by deploying on such large scale. Again, it reflects the strength of the fortification.

Egyptians prepared their plan to acheive the target, but Israeli's were confident only of their 1967 experience and were not well prepared.

Why is PDF allowing a zionists like Solomon2 to spread propaganda and zionist $hit in the internet?:confused:

160km long line on which Israelis spent 300 million US$ in 1967, was only a pit of sand? Good claim...!

May be you are right that it was protected by only 450 mens; it reflects two points:

Either Israeli's were so confident of their fortification 'OR'
It was their negligence about Egypt's military abilities.
The regular Israeli army is small, its based on mobilisation. Thats why the purpose of the line was to detain Egyptian forces. In fact Egyptians managed to advance only some 5 kms before Israel mobilized its forces. And Sinai is 200 km width

400 km Maginot line was manned with 300,000 soldiers => 750 soldiers per km.
150 km Barlev line was manned with 450 soldiers => 3 soldiers per km.

Maginot had 250 times more soldiers per km.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom