What's new

40 female cadets joining PMA from Oct: VCOAS

just and uneducated comment and I would be happy if elders/wise people here can correct me. My Doc who is British but of Pakistani origin said that his wife who is doctor also never had male patients because its un Islamic for a male to undress infront of a lady doctor. Is that right ? If it is then will it be un islamic for the men to take orders from woman officers ?

Just curious !

Regards

Two different issues. One is of privacy and regard for the other sex. First of all, no Pakistani man would feel appropriate being naked in front of a woman, and on the other hand, no woman would want to deal with a naked man. Lady doctors in the Army do treat male patients, but under appropriate circumstances.

The second issue is having a competent leader (woman or man) to give you an order and you following it because you are a disciplined member of the Pakistani Armed Forces. At least in the Army, women officers have not had any issues giving orders to men under their command (we have two women Maj Generals in the Army right now and countless Brigs and Cols who are women).

Its neccessary to chase "quality" women over "average" men. I'd rather have a driven woman who does her job well than just an average guy on my team. We need to wake up and realize that our country Pakistan has not used up half (that is 50%) of our potential as of yet because they happen to be women. If you want an educated society then educate your women, let them particpate in the country's welfare. When you do this then the subsequent generations will be educated and driven.

Pakistani unemployment is not just because of lack of jobs. Its due to lack of applying oneself which in turn can be attributed to lack of education.

In any case, these women are no joke either. I know how tough things are at the Pakistan Military Academy. Since the induction of women, one has passed out as ASUO (Academy Senior Under Officer) which is no mean feat!!!!!!

Appointments in the PMA are given purely on merit. That a girl passed out at the top of the academy and also got a medal for her academic performance is a testament about the quality of women we have in our midst.

I just wish that we let the merit take precedence instead of gender, ethnicity etc.

U REALLY ROCK BLAIN2.......:victory: no seriously......when i was going through this whole conversation i was thinking tht we call our selves 21st century people...bt we r still stuck in the lame past traditions...u wrote all i wanted to write infact u wrote which i reckon every girl would hv wanted to write or tell.....:) thts what i call.....making-difference-kinda STATEMENT!!!!::woot: :yahoo:

Totally agreed with Blain2

I think you are right brother as it is our responsibility to take the women of Pakistan to the frontlines development in Pakistan.What we should do is to put the merit first which is just and put aside this gender kind of thing,in my opnion women should work with the men of their society shoulder to shoulder but under Islamic laws and they should care about the moral values of society plus men should support women in the society,if we take 50% population of our country into the mainstream development arena of the country then I think our homeland will be no less than the other developed countries of the world

all we have to do is to give the oppurtunities to our women,

For those saying males are traditionally the bread winners of the family: why can't a woman be a bread winner for a family?

The army is not there to provide employment to whoever comes from a poor background, it is there to select the best people who will able to handle the decisions and responsibilities of being an army officer. We shouldn't be putting females in the army just for the heck of it. They should pass the same tests and meet the same rigorous standards that men are expected to.

For those saying males are traditionally the bread winners of the family: why can't a woman be a bread winner for a family?

The army is not there to provide employment to whoever comes from a poor background, it is there to select the best people who will able to handle the decisions and responsibilities of being an army officer. We shouldn't be putting females in the army just for the heck of it. They should pass the same tests and meet the same rigorous standards that men are expected to.

It is not the question of being bread winner. Armed forces already employ a fair number in the Medical Corps. Question is:

Should Pakistan put women in the firing line/ in positions where there is a danger to their life when there are very many men available and willing to do take on such jobs ??

I am old fashioned and I am all for women in Medical, Services and in any position which does not put them directly in the firing line but as fighter pilots or in tank/artillery or infantry or in the Naval Executive branch - NO.

women have proven themselves in combat, but the problem is that women POWs are often raped. this is the major reason why i dont think women should be placed in the firing line.

induction of females in arm forces is best opportunity provided to womenfolk of those families who dont ve male members n require status 2 survive in such male dominating society

It is not the question of being bread winner. Armed forces already employ a fair number in the Medical Corps. Question is:

Should Pakistan put women in the firing line/ in positions where there is a danger to their life when there are very many men available and willing to do take on such jobs ??

I am old fashioned and I am all for women in Medical, Services and in any position which does not put them directly in the firing line but as fighter pilots or in tank/artillery or infantry or in the Naval Executive branch - NO.

Whats wrong with putting a woman in the firing line if she willingly wants to be there?

women have proven themselves in combat, but the problem is that women POWs are often raped. this is the major reason why i dont think women should be placed in the firing line.

And men POWs often are tortured. So what? The women who enroll in the army combat units know this and are willing to accept this.

And coming from an army that went through this crap, my advice - don't integrate women into the combat arms - it ain't worth the effort, headaches, and heartaches.

Whats wrong with putting a woman in the firing line if she willingly wants to be there?

And men POWs often are tortured. So what? The women who enroll in the army combat units know this and are willing to accept this.

Naaahh, thats mean... we can't do that to women. Well why don't they enroll for the armies harem? :rolleyes:

Hrrrr... Well i am willing to join your countries military so I can learn how to kill for no reason. Will you accept a Pakistani? :usflag:

Jus kiddin'! ;) Yeah if they are ready to put themselves in the firing line then its okay but there are enough men to take frontline positions anyway and there are still many willing to join. It could open up opportunities for households without men but in most traditional pakistani households women are expected to stay home and ummm... cook i guess.

Well it is only my personal thought that Women should not be in Frontline combat positions. when you have enough men to take care of it then y take a risk, women gets very emotional sometimes & that is surely not good for army who is attacking.

Regards
Wilco

Women in Pakistan Army fighting arms is not a realistic expectation. All of the women officers getting trained at the PMA will be posted out to various non-combatant units like those of the EME, C4I directorate etc. Army Medical Corps as we all know already has its own intake from the Army Medical College.

Yes men as POWs may be tortured, however torture of women has a different affect on the morale of men and nation as a whole...I just do not see Pakistani Armed Forces allowing women to be in such vulnerable situations.

Back
Top Bottom