What's new

4 indian soldiers died in an Ambush by Freedom Fighters in ioK.

Can anyone from the Indian side comment on the type of IED's used? What were the tactics that were employed by the militants? Also, please comment on the training/equipment of the CPRF?

It's important that we unpack this and study the tactics that were employed. The introduction of IED's in Kashmir will be very interesting.

@Joe Shearer @Nilgiri
Sources saying that it was attack through the arms

I would request fellow posters not to insult dead soldiers

Keep insults for indian establishlent
The same soldiers who rape, kill and torture?

Same people who come on indian tv and happily talk about supporting terrorism against Pak and even killing Pakistani soldiers?

Do you alao want me to post what i kist saw today on their forum? Posting videos and pics of our martyrs and cheering terrorists?

12000 women raped, 100,000+ dead and hundreds of thousands tortured? Thousands missing? Mass graves? Blowing up houses and curfews? Blinding kids? Fk em!

Kashmiris arent like pushtoons..previous conflict it was the pushtoons that liberated GB/azad kashmir
GB population fought its own freedom war against Bharti and Dogra.

But pushtun tribal brothers helped liberate azad kashmir from Bharti terrorist .

I would request fellow posters not to insult dead soldiers

Keep insults for indian establishlent
Any Indian in Indian occupied Kashmir is a terrorist. We should respect soldiers fighting for India but not who are occupier in occupied Kashmir.

Death to 7 lakh Indian occupier terrorists.

Last edited:
Little bit curious. Why wasn't any offensive launched in Jammu?

You needed well trained men and weapons, the region lacked both. It wasn't a region where men went to serve in the British Indian Army, sadly many of them were massacred by the Dogras due to them being easy targets.

Kashmiris arent like pushtoons..previous conflict it was the pushtoons that liberated GB/azad kashmir

Please dont do this Pashtuns of the tribal areas and Gilgitis and Baltistanis came together to liberate Kashmir. We owe a great deal of debt to them.

Clarification
Pakistanis can never repay the debt of Pashtun tribes and Gilgit Baltistanis and Azad kashmiri forces especially poonchis.
We salute you.

Read crossed swords by shuja pasha.

It was gen gracy the british bastard who deplayed the entire operation. The indians landed at sri nagar and winter cut off any chances of supplies or reinforcements.

He was a bastard who lead PA.

I hope its only the start.

He should have been replaced on the spot when he refused -- if I'm not mistake in '48 the COAS also refused to listen to Jinnah R.A.

No they didn't this is one of the biggest myths still put out. Azad Kashmir was freed by the Azad Kashmir Regular forces, made up of 90,000 men who served in the British Indian Army. Gilgit and Balistan was freed by the Gilgit Scouts, again men of ex British Indian army service.
Pashtun armies arrived later to aid us in our fight into Jammu and Kashmir.
Yes they are our brothers and we love them, but please don't ignore or sideline the historic fact that our ancestors fought and won their freedom, my entire elder generation fought in these wars.
I think he meant the koshur speaking kashmiris from the valley.

Azad Kashmiri, ex soldiers were first to raise their weapons.

I believe it was a Pashtun officer, a major who started arming people with 300 condemned rifles from army and riled up support from Tribesmen.

My Grandfather was a young man in his early 20s during 47. He saw the horrors first hand and also raised his arms. One of his brothers was shot but survived.

I still have the sword which was used... but unfortunately not the pistol, rifle and horse reigns etc..

Some were lost, others taken by my cousins. Im lucky I found the sword.

Can anyone from the Indian side comment on the type of IED's used? What were the tactics that were employed by the militants? Also, please comment on the training/equipment of the CPRF?

It's important that we unpack this and study the tactics that were employed. The introduction of IED's in Kashmir will be very interesting.

@Joe Shearer @Nilgiri
Photo of the vehicle suggests that IED was not used. They hit the vehicle on a side wall when they were fired upon.

If Kashmiris regularly start using IEDs, it will be very hard to control.

Sources saying that it was attack through the arms

Thanks for clearing that up

That's why i was a bit confused. Introduction of IED's would be a significant escalation inside Kashmir. Majority of the casualties suffered by PA on our Western borders were from Indian supplied IED's.

Photo of the vehicle suggests that IED was not used. They hit the vehicle on a side wall when they were fired upon.

If Kashmiris regularly start using IEDs, it will be very hard to control.

That's what i am saying. The introduction of IED's would be a significant escalation.

Thanks for clearing that up

That's why i was a bit confused. Introduction of IED's would be a significant escalation inside Kashmir. Majority of the casualties suffered by PA on our Western borders were from Indian supplied IED's.

That's what i am saying. The introduction of IED's would be a significant escalation.
Ive actually seen an old video of them using anti personnel mine against indians.

There is a video showing an indian occupational soldier stepping on one right next to his post.

I think he meant the koshur speaking kashmiris from the valley.

Azad Kashmiri, ex soldiers were first to raise their weapons.

I believe it was a Pashtun officer, a major who started arming people with 300 condemned rifles from army and riled up support from Tribesmen.

My Grandfather was a young man in his early 20s during 47. He saw the horrors first hand and also raised his arms. One of his brothers was shot but survived.

I still have the sword which was used... but unfortunately not the pistol, rifle and horse reigns etc..

Some were lost, others taken by my cousins. Im lucky I found the sword.

I think our brothers get confused about the ethnic demographics of the region, Koshur speaking folks are a minority the bulk of the AJK people are differing ethnicities.
Yes the AK regular forces were the first to fire, I know many accounts of this conflict from my grandfather.
Support came from all quarters bro and do remember that ex servicemen retained their weapons, ammo and bayonet. They literally poured into the region armed, which made the Dogras go white in the face.
The Baloch fought with great vigour brother, but why wouldn't they? You only need to read about their exploits in Burma and how tough these men were.
Good to see you have your grandfather's possessions, I have my grandfather's service medals, both the BIA service medal and the following Pakistani army one for service in the 47 war. We have his old rifle and bayonet in Pakistan. My cousin brothers keep the possessions of their grandfathers who fought.

I think our brothers get confused about the ethnic demographics of the region, Koshur speaking folks are a minority the bulk of the AJK people are differing ethnicities.
Yes the AK regular forces were the first to fire, I know many accounts of this conflict from my grandfather.
Support came from all quarters bro and do remember that ex servicemen retained their weapons, ammo and bayonet. They literally poured into the region armed, which made the Dogras go white in the face.
The Baloch fought with great vigour brother, but why wouldn't they? You only need to read about their exploits in Burma and how tough these men were.
Good to see you have your grandfather's possessions, I have my grandfather's service medals, both the BIA service medal and the following Pakistani army one for service in the 47 war. We have his old rifle and bayonet in Pakistan. My cousin brothers keep the possessions of their grandfathers who fought.

I hold the sword and feel pride bro. I dont know how to explain the feelings.
It makes me want to be a better man. Love my country as much as the mountains of my homeland.

Fk i sometimes get emotional when i see the mountains and the sword.. not even half the man as the ones who fought and sacrificed their blood for the fatherland.

Back
Top Bottom