What's new

3G spectrum licenses auction concludes:Live Updates

That's why they didn't qualify for 4G, they were interested in it but did not win 10 MHz band for 3G. Song on the other hand did. Mobilink was the party pooper here...

Mobilink and Zong will start work on 4g in the distant future. I do not think they will be interested in it right away.

Mobilink and Zong will start work on 4g in the distant future. I do not think they will be interested in it right away.

Mobilink didn't buy the 4g license so they can't introduce it, I think the move to block 10 MHz band was to block ufone from qualifying for 4g which they were interested in.

Mobilink didn't buy the 4g license so they can't introduce it, I think the move to block 10 MHz band was to block ufone from qualifying for 4g which they were interested in.

They bought the 10mhz so they can get it.

Well my phone is not 4g compatible .. So I might stick to mobilink till I get a new phone. Which could be years.

Zong yes, mobilink I don't think so. They did not buy additional 10mhz required for 4g in 1800mhz range.

One unsold not two.
one for new company

3g, 4g licences auction results announced by PTA

Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) chairmanannounced auction results of most-awaited 3g and 4g licenses on Wednesday.
A Pakistani cellular company, Zong has won 10 Mega Hertz (Mhz) and 18 Mhz spectrums of 3g and 4g technologies respectively.
Ufone and Telenor get licenses of 4 Mhz band while Mobilink grabs 21 Mhz band including license of 10 Mhz band of 3g.
Pakistan’s Finance Minister Ishaq Dar praised efforts Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) and Ministry of Information Technology (IT) for organising successful auction event.
Two 4g licences could not be sold of worth Rs21 billion each at the time while four licences of 3g spectrum has been sold out at Rs111 billion, Dar said.
Transparency in the auction process will be made at any cost, he added.
The finance minister congratulated whole nation over successful auction as the development would produce thousands of employments in the country.

3g, 4g technology auction results announced by PTA | The News Tribe

Last edited:
one for new company

3g, 4g licences auction results announced by PTA

Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) chairmanannounced auction results of most-awaited 3g and 4g licenses on Wednesday.
A Pakistani cellular company, Zong has won 10 Mega Hertz (Mhz) and 18 Mhz spectrums of 3g and 4g technologies respectively.
Ufone and Telenor get licenses of 4 Mhz band while Mobilink grabs 21 Mhz band including license of 10 Mhz band of 3g.
Pakistan’s Finance Minister Ishaq Dar praised efforts Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) and Ministry of Information Technology (IT) for organising successful auction event.
Two 4g licences could not be sold of worth Rs21 billion each at the time while four licences of 3g spectrum has been sold out at Rs111 billion, Dar said.
Transparency in the auction process will be made at any cost, he added.
The finance minister congratulated whole nation over successful auction as the development would produce thousands of employments in the country.

3g, 4g technology auction results announced by PTA | The News Tribe

so zong is now 4G :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :D :D :D

Ufone Telenor and mobilink get 3G :D

Finally Our country swings into modern technology :'D :pakistan:

------------------

guess it was sold for around 900 million dollars

resr8.jpg

The Botox company got a bid for $46 billion to be bought. The financial unevenness should be quite clear when we take out the next rally.

So Pakistan raised US$1.1-1.2 billion from this auction.
BTW just for some info:India raised US$ 18 billion during spectrum auction in 2010 & US$10 billion during spectrum auction in 2014.

Back
Top Bottom