What's new

31 Indian fishermen detained from Bangladesh waters

ghost250

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh

Coast Guard has arrested 31 Indian fishermen including two trawlers while illegally fishing by intruding into the Bangladesh waters of the Bay of Bengal. On Wednesday evening, they were intercepted in Bangladesh waters 77 nautical miles west of IMBL. The Indian fishermen along with the trawler were brought to Mongla on Thursday.

Coast Guard media officer Lieutenant Commander Khandaker Munif Taqi said that the Coast Guard ship Munsoor Ali was on patrol in the sea.

advertisement

At that time they saw two foreign fishing trawlers fishing in Bangladesh waters. In pursuit, Coast Guard personnel arrested 31 fishermen including two trawlers FV Mangal Chandi-25 and FV Mangal Chandi-3 in Bangladesh waters 77 nautical miles west of IMBL.

The official said that the 31 fishermen along with the trawler have been handed over to Mongla Police Station for legal action.

It is a good opportunity for the BAL cronies in the PDF to worship these Peers of their. BAL should receive the Indian fishermen with garlands and ask them to be included in the voter list.

It is a good opportunity for the BAL cronies in the PDF to worship these Peers of their. BAL should receive the Indian fishermen with garlands and ask them to be included in the voter list.

Are you projecting?

These guys should be shot. That’s what BSF does.

Send the people back, confiscate the trawler as compensation .

Guys these are poor people on both sides, no one risks life and limb to go fish in the deep sea unless prompted by deep hunger.

But increased patrolling by our coast guard is paying dividends and will continue to do so.

Bangladesh cannot confiscate Indian fishermens' property, I think both sides have agreed on it.

I believe only a fine is allowed for either side.

Guys these are poor people on both sides, no one risks life and limb to go fish in the deep sea unless prompted by deep hunger.

But increased patrolling by our coast guard is paying dividends and will continue to do so.

Bangladesh cannot confiscate Indian fishermens' property, I think both sides have agreed on it.

I believe only a fine is allowed for either side.

Why whilst BSF shoots our people?

Why should we show them mercy?

Why whilst BSF shoots our people?

Why should we show them mercy?

Bangladesh is essentially run under Indian whim - that is why. Let's call it for what it is.

Unless you can have the PM and the FM stand up and purge the India agents from the govt. and politics, all this lafalafi is pointless. Which is not happening - yet.

The PM and the FM need to stand up first. Then the rest of the dominoes will fall like clockwork.

Unless you can have the PM and the FM stand up and purge the India agents from the govt. and politics, all this lafalafi is pointless. Which is not happening - yet.
কাদের কথা কইতাছেন? যে সরিষার দানা দিয়া ভূত ছাড়াইবেন , সেই সরিষার মধ্যেই তো মহাভূত বাস করতাছে।

To look at why this continues to be a problem, we should look at what Sri Lanka govt. does.

I stand corrected from what I said earlier. Fish poaching is a problem and Indian trawler owners will not pay heed until tough action is taken.

Fish poaching by Indian Tamil fishermen is a huge problem in SL waters.

So - SL Govt. will now confiscate any Indian trawlers that violate its International Maritime Boundary Line (IMBL) and will keep them. And will auction and sell these afterwards.

Fishermen will be released, but not the trawlers.

This is SL govt. policy. It is ironic that AL govt. does not have the balls to do so.

This is the only antidote.

is there fish shortage in indian waters ? they even enter in our water despite they know we will jail them long time and never return boats ever . what is the issue ?

To look at why this continues to be a problem, we should look at what Sri Lanka govt. does.

I stand corrected from what I said earlier. Fish poaching is a problem and Indian trawler owners will not pay heed until tough action is taken.

Fish poaching by Indian Tamil fishermen is a huge problem in SL waters.

So - SL Govt. will now confiscate any Indian trawlers that violate its International Maritime Boundary Line (IMBL) and will keep them. And will auction and sell these afterwards.

Fishermen will be released, but not the trawlers.

This is SL govt. policy. It is ironic that AL govt. does not have the balls to do so.

This is the only antidote.

Agreed

The challenge for BD is that these illegal fishing boats are from West Bengal. They are bengalis.

But i agree BD should confiscate boats anyway, or blast them in opean sea after arresting the crew, like Indonesia Navy does.

Regards to Sri Lanka, they can do as they like with tamil indian boats because Lankans are Sinhalese with a small tamil majority.

BD now bears a huge burden on its shoulder for survival of bengalis as a separate nation, a nation with a illustrous history, because the west bengalis have capitulated to Gujrathis and other north indian peoples.

Last edited:
is there fish shortage in indian waters ? they even enter in our water despite they know we will jail them long time and never return boats ever . what is the issue ?

Just plain ol' greed....these fish poachers will not stop unless given strong messages. It's not the people that are working in the boats, it's the greedy Indian trawler owners. The latter need to pay.

Just plain ol' greed....these fish poachers will not stop unless given strong messages. It's not the people that are working in the boats, it's the greedy Indian trawler owners. The latter need to pay.
usualy we release indian fishermen after ayear of jail and that without boat . but at any moment of time we have sone 1200 to 1400 fishermen in our jails . i think its too much to stay in jail for 1 year and losing boats . there must be some issue .

Same is with pakistani fishermen .
I can think of only 2 reasons:-
1. The issue is poverty. Only poor with no good GPS trackers & slow boats get caught .
That is the only explanation. U can't earn from fish trade in a year to afford 1 Yr jail and loss of boat.

2. Or they also into smuggling & dump the guds in ocean if get caught. This reason might be more reasonable.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom