What's new

300 buses to ply in twin cities

Justin do u have the number of total buses in Islamabad??/

have u ever heard 1000 buses launching at the same time, its usually 200-300 buses at a particular point of time.

Here are the two news about delhi where 109 and a proposal of 40 buses every month

You can also note that there 5000 buses now when the requirement is for 11000 buses.

107 new buses to ferry Delhi- Hindustan Times

Corporate buses will hit roads in Oct - The Times of India

You are right if i am there are some CNG buses running in Twin cities and obviously this is not the first project of its kind in these cities.

@ Justin

Sir jee did u hear about Daewoo Express in Pakistan?

Daewoo Express - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I live in Islamabad and I think 50 buses will be enough, cuz almost everyone here have there own transport, most of the travelers are students, but if you include Rawalpindi aswel then 300 is fine cuz there are 100s of private vans, buses, rakshaws (only in Rawalpindi) and taxis all over the twin cities.

And Delhi population is like over 15 million and Both Islamabad and Rawalpindi population is like 4.5 million, still less but will fulfill our requirements for sure :cheers:

Now thats around 2.8 million if i am not wrong :P

and you are right 50 buses are more than enough for Islamabad. But we need 300 - 500 buses at least for Rawalpindi cause its cheaper :)

Guys.. Just sharing some good pictures of Delhi since the topic came up.. No comparison intended

You should know better than that. The mention was fleeting and the members moved on, no need to make it the center of attention.

Now thats around 2.8 million if i am not wrong :P

and you are right 50 buses are more than enough for Islamabad. But we need 300 - 500 buses at least for Rawalpindi cause its cheaper :)

Islamabad itself may not need a large quantity of buses, but every city needs an efficient and timely public transport system.

There are a lot of people without cars who work in Islamabad as well, and they should have a safe and efficient means of transport available.

There is also need for a high speed public transport system between Rawalpindi and Isloo, since there is so much commuter traffic between the two, and this should probably branch off to the new NIIA being constructed to handle the increased traffic expected at the new airport.

You should know better than that. The mention was fleeting and the members moved on, no need to make it the center of attention.

Aye Aye sir...

My view though was to share some good pics as the other side of the coin.. And intentionally stayed with the good side of the picture without flipping the original post...

You are right if i am there are some CNG buses running in Twin cities and obviously this is not the first project of its kind in these cities.

@ Justin

Sir jee did u hear about Daewoo Express in Pakistan?

Daewoo Express - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What is this "Daewoo Express"?Is it some Long Distance Tourist Bus Operator?OR Is it Some Point to Point Express Bus Services Like Some Indian State RTC's(Road Transport Corporation) Operates?

Daewoo,Hino Pak are the Only Bus Manufacturers:confused: ?

sorry for ot.:)

good news

buses i believe are the best form of public transport, they are cheap and easily affordable by even those with low income. also they have great reach. while metros or trams are limited to specific routes, buses can easily adapt to new routes to best serve the public with minimum hassle.

What is this "Daewoo Express"?Is it some Long Distance Tourist Bus Operator?OR Is it Some Point to Point Express Bus Services Like Some Indian State RTC's(Road Transport Corporation) Operates?

Daewoo,Hino Pak are the Only Bus Manufacturers:confused: ?

sorry for ot.:)

open the link from my quoted post and you will find your answer :P

Its a bus network in Pakistan. That runs in at least major 30 cities of Pakistan.

I guess this dawoo express has nothing to do with the thread sorry justin ignore my above post.

Note: Both pictures are at a different zoom level. Islamabad map is more magnified than the Delhi one

This is islamabad

678c44d133.jpg

This is new Delhi

289e261c69.jpg

FEEL The Common Sense :D

Note: Both pictures are at a different zoom level. Islamabad map is more magnified than the Delhi one

This is islamabad

This is new Delhi

Tell This Way - Islamabad is a Planned City.We Have One in Punjab- Chandigarh City.Aap Khud Dekh Li Jiye...:pop:
chandigarh.png

Tell This Way - Islamabad is a Planned City.We Have One in Punjab- Chandigarh City.Aap Khud Dekh Li Jiye...:pop:
chandigarh.png

o bhai yeh chandigarh kahan se a gaya ? we're comparing capitals here..and i have been to chandigarh, Punjab is among the most developed of the states but this picture is irrelevant to the discussion

This is islamabad

678c44d133.jpg

This is new Delhi

289e261c69.jpg

also @ Zaki

we are talking about twin cities of Rawalpindi and Islamabad.

Also keeping in mind the future demand, you have to build transport system from today.

As you have mentioned Delhi.

Delhi's population is only 2.5 times that of Rawalpindi and Islamabad.

a. But still Delhi has a Delhi Metro network of about 200 kms.

b. 11,000 buses

c. 60,000 autos

d. 70,000 taxis

BTW, There are 5.5 million registered vehicles in the Delhi, which is the highest in the world among all cities.

Delhi has more cars than the total numbr of cars in Mumbai + Bangalore + Chennai + kolkata.

So, the moral of the story is you have to build the infrastructure from today, also keep in mind the demand in future. It is must for development and progress.

thanks

ok lets talk this way........... Look at the map of Islamabad (in zoom) you will find the whole city is devloped under master plan. You will find every single corner of this city is divided in Blocks. It is very easy to reach from one place to another and all the roads are carpet, the housing schemes, parks, education sector, health sector....... anything you name is best of its kind.

Visit the map of Islamabad from google maps

Islamabad&

1zl4yg6.jpg

Delhi is entirely a different kind a city made for all kind of peoples.

ok lets talk this way........... Look at the map of Islamabad (in zoom) you will find the whole city is devloped under master plan. You will find every single corner of this city is divided in Blocks. It is very easy to reach from one place to another and all the roads are carpet, the housing schemes, parks, education sector, health sector....... anything you name is best of its kind.

Visit the map of Islamabad from google maps

Islamabad%20Map%202%20.gif

1zl4yg6.jpg

Delhi is entirely a different kind a city made for all kind of peoples.

what are u talking dude?????

are u on high??

both cities are for all type of people.

The blocked wise or sector wise development does not means that you can walk or you should walk in the city barefoot. Our's is planed so it is easy to move type of crap.

The health, education and roads you are not part of this thread.

If still you want to compare then the Delhi is way ahead in all, there is no comparison at all.

I think you are not realizing the meaning of metropolitan transportation.

Back
Top Bottom