What's new

30 Filipino police commandos killed in clash with rebels

I do not want to be a pest but I want to point out the obvious. When the non muslim people of Indonesia or East Timur were demanding independence then every western country and America were keen to give it to them. When the Moro people in Philippines demand the same no one is ready to grant them independence.

Anyway when violence is used to achieve targets, especially attacks on the same religious or ethnic group these people claim to support then it is clear that they do not have the best interests of the local people at heart. The movement should not target innocent civilians and villagers.

They already gain the rights to rule themselves through ARMM and they failed, cuz they themselves is at war with each other, we already spend billions on that region.

I do not want to be a pest but I want to point out the obvious. When the non muslim people of Indonesia or East Timur were demanding independence then every western country and America were keen to give it to them. When the Moro people in Philippines demand the same no one is ready to grant them independence.

Anyway when violence is used to achieve targets, especially attacks on the same religious or ethnic group these people claim to support then it is clear that they do not have the best interests of the local people at heart. The movement should not target innocent civilians and villagers.

They got splinter groups that are linked to al queda.
They've been caught protecting AND hiding terrorist
We've seen them using human shields and using children to plant IED
We've given them Billions in money and humanitarian help since 2001

And
guess what.. The place is still a sh!thole. Not everything is black and white.

The Bangsamoro struggle for independence has already been answered by having an autonomous region. Mindanao which is claimed to be an ancestral domain by the Moros can not be allocated solely to them. The vast majority of settlers in Mindanao are actually Christians. Have you thought before you profess that should Moros get the whole Mindanao, it will polarize the people?

The problem is internal. It was never the issue of marginalization or injustice by the government. It is within the people, the Muslim people per se and the problem is sprouting because of this internal struggle and internal conflict and it can only be solved internally, culturally--and it is only them who can solved it--the Muslim people.

Question: Does the MILF truly represent the entire Muslim population? Do they got the blessings of all the tribes? If they will foolishly succeed, I assure you, they will not last. No Maranaos, Maguindanaons, Iranons, Tausugs Muslims etc etc would want to be lorded over by another tribe. Its not going to happen and it is just the way it is.

Well just like the rest of us, majority of the people in Mindanao, Muslim or non Muslim, only want these, PEACE and ECONOMIC PROSPERITY. If these two are addressed properly sans the politics, then there is no conflict.

As much as everyone wants to blame Aquino, the fact is that beyond the initial go-ahead given to arrest/kill Marwan, the tactical aspects of the operations are beyond his competency.

Do we really expect Aquino to know anything and everything about military tactics, or all the realities on the ground? Absurd.

If the operation was successful...Pnoy would grab the credit. I think it's only fair to blame Pnoy because the operation failed(44 saf members dead). Sa sarap ay kasama si Pnoy pero sa hirap ay hindi. Anong klaseng lider siya???

PNoy, 3 PNP execs responsible for Mamasapano debacle —Miriam
By AMITA O. LEGASPI, GMA NewsFebruary 12, 2015 1:10pm

President Benigno Aquino III and the three high ranking police officials who knew about the Mamasapano operation should be held responsible for the deaths of 44 police commandos that figured in the unplanned firefight with members of the Moro Islamic Liberation Front and its breakaway Bangsamoro Islamic Freedom Fighters, Sen. Miriam Defensor-Santiago said on Thursday.

PNoy, 3 PNP execs responsible for Mamasapano debacle —Miriam | News | GMA News Online

Duterte urges Aquino to take full responsibility for Mamasapano mission
... Davao City mayor bats for federal government to address Mindanao conflict
10:39 PM | Thursday, February 12th, 2015

DAVAO CITY – Mayor Rodrigo Duterte on Thursday said President Benigno Aquino III must take full responsibility for the botched operation to get international terrorist Zulkifli bin Hir, alias Marwan, in Mamasapano, Maguindanao on Jan. 25 that left 44 police commandos, 18 Moro rebels and five civilians killed.

In an interview with reporters in Dumaguete City at the office of Negros Oriental Governor Roel Degamo, Duterte said that while he did not want to offend the President, somebody should tell Aquino to step forward and take the blame for the ill-fated operation.

“I do not want to offend the President but somebody has to tell him that he has to stop this blame game by taking full responsibility for what happened in Mamasapano,” a press release from his office quoted Duterte as having said.

Duterte urges Aquino to take full responsibility for Mamasapano mission | Inquirer News

I don't know about other countries, but in Vietnam, especially on Internet, Philippines army and police are but jokes.

If the operation was successful...Pnoy would grab the credit. I think it's only fair to blame Pnoy because the operation failed(44 saf members dead). Sa sarap ay kasama si Pnoy pero sa hirap ay hindi. Anong klaseng lider siya???
You want the president to micromanage the operations of the police, even though his not trained like the officers of PNP.

Itutok natin ang mga tanong sa taong dapat tanungin - yung SAF commander.

Okay just continue being emotional. I guess it's hard to ask for rationality and logic in this time of raw emotions

I don't know about other countries, but in Vietnam, especially on Internet, Philippines army and police are but jokes.
and you are hopeless beyond redemption.

You want the president to micromanage the operations of the police, even though his not trained like the officers of PNP.

Okay just continue being emotional. I guess it's hard to ask for rationality and logic in this time of raw emotions

Bulag ka ba??? Saan mo naman nabasa sa post ko na gusto kong i-micro manage ni Pnoy ang operation ng mga police. Sa sariling isip mo lang yon...sa'yo nanggaling yon.. Napakalinaw naman ng post ko...kung nagtagumpay ang operasyon ay si Pnoy ang aani ng papuri...eh ngayon...44 saf member ang namatay...tama lang na ibunton ang sisi kay Pnoy.

Para sa mga Pnoy die hard...walang nagagawang mali si Pnoy.

We gave them autonomy once and it failed. Hell, the proposed map of the Bangsamoro includes an island called Palawan which, if they took, would nullify our claims to Spratlys. But since this Bangsamoro deal is backed by Malaysia, I am not that surprised as Malaysia has ulterior moves.

And the fact that the people pushing for the Bangsamoro deal want their own armed forces and police force? What if one day they decided to secede from us? I am sure that if Bangsamoro does secedes, others who wants to get away from "Imperial Manila's" control would likely do the same.

Bulag ka ba??? Saan mo naman nabasa sa post ko na gusto kong i-micro manage ni Pnoy ang operation ng mga police. Sa sariling isip mo lang yon...sa'yo nanggaling yon.. Napakalinaw naman ng post ko...kung nagtagumpay ang operasyon ay si Pnoy ang aani ng papuri...eh ngayon...44 saf member ang namatay...tama lang na ibunton ang sisi kay Pnoy.

Para sa mga Pnoy die hard...walang nagagawang mali si Pnoy.
It's unreasonable to say that he is to blame. Kung sabagay para nman sa inyo wala na syang nagawang tama.

It is even more unreasonable to say that he could have sent this, or could have done that, when he is not the ground commander of this operation.

The president approved it, yes, but it is unreasonable to expect him to control everything on the ground.

Sisihin nyo yung SAF commander. Kahit nga si president Obama do not rely on his brain alone whenever the elite soldiers are deployed for special ops. Gets mo ba?

And Vietnam is all-powerful?

The Bangsamoro struggle for independence has already been answered by having an autonomous region. Mindanao which is claimed to be an ancestral domain by the Moros can not be allocated solely to them. The vast majority of settlers in Mindanao are actually Christians. Have you thought before you profess that should Moros get the whole Mindanao, it will polarize the people?

The problem is internal. It was never the issue of marginalization or injustice by the government. It is within the people, the Muslim people per se and the problem is sprouting because of this internal struggle and internal conflict and it can only be solved internally, culturally--and it is only them who can solved it--the Muslim people.

Question: Does the MILF truly represent the entire Muslim population? Do they got the blessings of all the tribes? If they will foolishly succeed, I assure you, they will not last. No Maranaos, Maguindanaons, Iranons, Tausugs Muslims etc etc would want to be lorded over by another tribe. Its not going to happen and it is just the way it is.

Well just like the rest of us, majority of the people in Mindanao, Muslim or non Muslim, only want these, PEACE and ECONOMIC PROSPERITY. If these two are addressed properly sans the politics, then there is no conflict.

That is the problem - history repeated itself in its ugliest form - back in 1996 we gave the MNLF their ARMM, the MILF broke off from the MNLF. Now that we are giving the MILF the Bangsamoro, the BIFF broke off from the MILF and the MNLF is clearly unhappy about it.

Anyways...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What were PNoy and co. doing on day of Mamasapano clash?
Text by ANDREO CALONZO,Graphic by ANALYN PEREZ
GMA News | February 12, 2015 7:13pm

President Benigno Aquino III was in Zamboanga City with Cabinet and military officials on January 25, the day of the Mamasapano clash that killed 44 members of the Philippine National Police-Special Action Force. What were Aquino and his officials doing on that day?

In his speech before Philippine National Police-Special Action Force officers two weeks ago, Aquino said he already knew that the PNP-SAF were able to neutralize Malaysian terrorist Malaysian terrorist Zulkifli bin Hir alias “Marwan” in the morning of January 25.

Aquino also admitted that while he was in Zamboanga City on that day, he was receiving information on the skirmishes involving the PNP-SAF and the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF).

"Simula pa noong Linggo, umaga pa lang, sinabihan na ako ng naging resulta nitong kay Marwan. Tapos habang sinisayat namin ang pagbobomba sa Zamboanga, dumarating ang mga report,” Aquino said last January 30.
("Since last Sunday morning, I was informed about the fate of Marwan. Then as we examine the bombing of Zamboanga, the reports came in.")

To give readers a clearer picture, GMA News Online compiled information from the Thursday's Senate hearing on the encounter as well as Twitter announcements from the AFP Western Mindanao command.

2015_02_12_19_14_37.png

—BM/JST/ELR, GMA News

-----
TIMELINE: What were PNoy and co. doing on day of Mamasapano clash? | News | GMA News Online

----

Last edited:
Aquino must resign, an American president is needed to manage our directionless country.

And Vietnam is all-powerful?

Also, we don't criminalize our soldiers for protecting our sea territory. We also don't send our presidential representative to Taiwan to apologize then let them break his hand. Our people living in Taiwan surely don't held protests against their own nation.
And finally, our policemen don't use imaginary guns.

30rv7eg.jpg

PPS: Did I mention that our police officers don't selfie that the crime scene either?
16636592.jpg

11372402.jpg

Also, we don't criminalize our soldiers for protecting our sea territory. We also don't send our presidential representative to Taiwan to apologize then let them break his hand. Our people living in Taiwan surely don't held protests against their own nation.
And finally, our policemen don't use imaginary guns.

30rv7eg.jpg

PPS: Did I mention that our police officers don't selfie that the crime scene either?
16636592.jpg

11372402.jpg

And why brought this up which is not related to the current incident? You sound like those Chinese members here.

Back
Top Bottom