What's new

3 more OHP class Frigates to be delivered to Pakistan between 2014-2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to mention it can rescue stranded people in oceans and transport soldiers and goods

i dont know if FL3000N could be a replacement of HQ7 on f22p?
it seems affordable and reasonable.however i dont know much if FL3000N would perform better than hq7.BTW i can still see hq7 pics on land forces of PLA,which indicates hq7 to be reliable to PLA

PN were offered both but they choose HQ7 as they believe it suits PN needs better.

PN were offered both but they choose HQ7 as they believe it suits PN needs better.

What's HQ 7's range? Does PN has any SAMS that are long range and high altitude to defend her ships?

Interesting, and what about the other conditions? They might even want Pakistan to oust/dismantle Haqqani network. Would that be something Pakistan would be willing to do? The conditions are so generic that America may want a lot out of Pakistan in return for this frigates.

Are these frigates worth it?

You are missing another key thing.....to make sure Pakistan's civilian government isn't being interfered by the military. That is very critical to meet. This is also what I've been lecturing people about. Keep a democratic system and learn to respect others and wait for your turn. I am MORE than positive that if the democratically elected government remains in power, these ships will get to the PN soon

What's HQ 7's range? Does PN has any SAMS that are long range and high altitude to defend her ships?

FM-90 / HQ-7B SAM Air Defense System

The FM-90 was developed by China National Precision Machinery Import and Export Corp (CNPMIEC) for Short Range Air Defense (SHORAD) . It is an improved version of the FM-80 Surface-to-Air (SAM) Air Defense System, which in turn was a copy of the French Thomson-CSF Crotale Air Defense System. The system has most recently been exported to Bangladesh.

FM-90 / HQ-7B specifications
Length: 3.00 m
Diameter: 0.16 m
Wingspan: 0.55 m
Weight: 84.5 kg
Maximum Altitude: 6000 m
Maximum Range: 15000 m
Speed: Mach 2.3
Guidance: Command + Electro-Optical Tracking
Maximum Radar Range: 25000 m

Defense Updates: FM-90 / HQ-7B SAM Air Defense System
HQ-7 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sadly PN don't have long range SAM, I had asked the same question to a serving PN officer and one thing what he said is that we don't have funds but also point defense systems are deployed in vast numbers with capability to engage incoming missiles, PGM, helos & air crafts in their effective range.

Frigates will be of little use against your arc rival India. India may take them out with single shot of brahmos. Subs may cause some concern and danger for Indian navy.

for taking out anything brahmos should work first which it doesn't.

for taking out anything brahmos should work first which it doesn't.

A great Visionary is Talking laurels about this Observations. This Great Visionary would have started shaving just 2 years ago...

Comments are being made without an Iota of Research....

See People like Oscar who Dare to call Spade a Spade......

Its a Pity these Numnuts need a Lid....

Last edited:
Pretty sure we can construct a local SAM system with Local Resources

Suprsied we don't have active program with Turkey for Mid to high altitude interceptor Missiles

But also point defense systems are deployed in vast numbers with capability to engage incoming missiles, PGM, helos & air crafts in their effective range.

This AD layer if limited and doesn't help as its easy to fire a barrage of missiles towards a large ship and then use electronic decoys to further confuse the AD radars and other sensors. You can't really defend ships that way. But, if you had long range SAMS, you could engage enemy aircraft at a greater range before their missile can be airborne or get within the effective range.

You are missing another key thing.....to make sure Pakistan's civilian government isn't being interfered by the military. That is very critical to meet. This is also what I've been lecturing people about. Keep a democratic system and learn to respect others and wait for your turn. I am MORE than positive that if the democratically elected government remains in power, these ships will get to the PN soon

these ships wont be released until we (PK) do the following.
1. fight the haqqani network.
2. release Dr. Afridi.
so in effect 'kiss the OHP's goodbye'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom