What's new

3 Chinese smartphone brands among global Top 5

Yes, Samsung refused to provide TFT-LCD to Huawei, but that happened 2yrs ago on Ascend using the first generation Huawei Hisilicon Q-core CPU, not Kirin. Nowadays the situation has changed a lot. China has at least 3 major manufacturers including BOE, producing LCD/AMOLED for TV, smartphone, and tablet, occupying around 1/4 global market share if i am not wrong, next to S. korea and Taiwan, and will replace Taiwan's position in 2yrs on market share. BOE is pretty active on R&D on AMOLED and other display tech reflected by their huge patent filings recently.

boe

Yeah exactly. Everytime I say that, economic sanction -might be from one country to another or one company to another- is only a temporary punishment. Sooner or later the company or country will go on without the technology or product needed. I mean everytime a solution will be found. A similar example is US not selling weapons to China after the Tiananmen events. At first China had problems with it's defence, but today it has a vast military industrial complex. Of course Chinese won't sit and wait for Samsung to sell them the needed panels.

BTW, I think camera is also largely outsourced, Chinese vendors are also very aggressive these days.

I was refering to design on this one not the manufacturing. I guess many reputable brands today designs their own cameras and outsource the production.

When comes to business innovation, I think the success of alibaba and Xiaomi will place China in one of the forerun with the American.

I don't agree with your above point barring the rest.

In corporate world you don't earn respect when you just grow fatter than your competition. You do earn accolades but thats just it. On the contrary, if you are able to change or at least influence the industry structure in some way is when heads turn and notice you.

I don't see nothing new to what Xiaomi is bringing on to the table.

Read : HBS articles like BGR records and Apple case to understand what I am saying.

I don't agree with your above point barring the rest.

In corporate world you don't earn respect when you just grow fatter than your competition. You do earn accolades but thats just it. On the contrary, if you are able to change or at least influence the industry structure in some way is when heads turn and notice you.

I don't see nothing new to what Xiaomi is bringing on to the table.

Read : HBS articles like BGR records and Apple case to understand what I am saying.
What is respect? Do people give a hoot to Sony or Nokia when they are going downhill? Nobody. Customer are looking for value for money product and what interest is best for them. You make customer happy and you capture the market , giving yourself a big paycheck. That is respect.

Xiaomi is using innovative business module of using internet marketing that doesn't burn a hole in marketing fees to mainly promote their product so that they can divert the money save to produce value for money high end smartphone that other rivals can't. That is called innovative which huawei and Lenevo are copying it now which also makes them successful.

What is respect? Do people give a hoot to Sony or Nokia when they are going downhill? Nobody. Customer are looking for value for money product and what interest is best for them. You make customer happy and you capture the market , giving yourself a big paycheck. That is respect.

Xiaomi is using innovative business module of using internet marketing that doesn't burn a hole in marketing fees to mainly promote their product so that they can divert the money save to produce value for money high end smartphone that other rivals can't. That is called innovative which huawei and Lenevo are copying it now which also makes them successful.

Respect would me a wrong choice of word i agree. But my point stands. Xiaomi hasn't changed the mobile landscape by an iota. They maybe doing just better than their local counterparts is all.

Respect would me a wrong choice of word i agree. But my point stands. Xiaomi hasn't changed the mobile landscape by an iota. They maybe doing just better than their local counterparts is all.
It doesnt matter, capturing the market. Squeezing out the rival is all matter in a business. An innovative product that doesn't change lives or earn money is not called success in a business world.

It doesnt matter, capturing the market. Squeezing out the rival is all matter in a business. An innovative product that doesn't change lives or earn money is not called success in a business world.

There is something called sustainable competitive advantage. You might want to read about that.

I have had a Huawei phone for over a year now
no issues till now..solid product !

There is something called sustainable competitive advantage. You might want to read about that.

Does sustainable advantage lies solely on hardware innovation? Sustainable competitive advantage included continuous business module and management which Chinese big 3 do not lack.

Does sustainable advantage lies solely on hardware innovation? Sustainable competitive advantage included continuous business module and management which Chinese big 3 do not lack.
Of course not rather is completely independent of it. I never discredited any chinese brands rather all I pointed out is they still need to prove it that they have in them to graduate as global brands not in terms of volumes merely but appeal as well.

Of course not rather is completely independent of it. I never discredited any chinese brands rather all I pointed out is they still need to prove it that they have in them to graduate as global brands not in terms of volumes merely but appeal as well.
Then u can learn about Huawei.Actually enough infos in this thread

:)

Xiaomi's strategy helps boost Huawei smartphone sales by 19 million
Thursday, December 25, 2014

Huawei has managed to emulate both the strategy and sales of competitor Xiaomi this year as sales of its bargain-priced smartphones rose to 20 million from a year before, Reutersreported, citing data from Gartner. While the increase from sales of just a million smartphones previously through the use of a disruptive, online-only approach may echo the success of Huawei's upstart domestic rival, analysts say the low-cost strategy has fanned the price wars and thin profit margins prevalent in China, the spread of which could affect margins at all makers.

Then u can learn about Huawei.Actually enough infos in this thread
That's what i thought. Earlier that chappy was talking about Xiaomi and now you are talking about Huawei ! I exactly know you your level of thought process.

The Chinese smart phone are running on Taiwanese MTK chipset while most of the world are running on Qualcomm.

Yes, they use MTK for cost cutting, but Snapdragon processors are better, though costlier.

Yep, I tried to make them understand that thing in many different ways, but failed.

Back
Top Bottom