What's new

3 Chinese smartphone brands among global Top 5

May I know what kind of innovation? Like samsung galaxy smartphone with a bigger screen is called innovation? :lol: See how Samsung Galaxy sales plummet after apple come out with a big screen smartphone.

In TVs.

And I already said Koreans will not be able to maintain their position in smartphones for long, with the Android coming into the business, there is hardly any product differentiation to justify the high price. The entry barrier to smartphone business has diminished with Android in the game.

For similar specs Lenovo is still cheaper. And they got the ready market of IBM in India, but right now they have slipped to number 3 position in laptops, their desktop market share is nothing to speak of in India.

And what is Lenovo? My friend has a Lenovo laptop that runs on Windoes 8.1, Intel processor & chipset, and Segate hard disk, but yes, the plastic casing is Chinese. :lol:

Can you describe which laptop maker is different from what you describe? Or you are telling me indian micromax smartphone use mincromax chip. micromax screen, micromax harddisk and micromax lens and micromax batt? :lol:

In TVs.

And I already said Koreans will not be able to maintain their position in smartphones for long, with the Android coming into the business, there is hardly any product differentiation to justify the high price. The entry barrier to smartphone business has diminished with Android in the game.

This means Chinese will dominate for long. :D The Chinese will play painful price throat cutting price war to force out competitor. Samsung will stay in the game but not a whopping more than 24percent now.

This means Chinese will dominate for long. :D The Chinese will play painful price throat cutting price war to force out competitor. Samsung will stay in the game but not a whopping more than 24percent now.

Our big advantage is our domestic market, which is dominated by domestic companies.

Unlike India which is dominated by American and Chinese companies (Lenovo and Google for instance).

Anyone who can win the Chinese domestic market will automatically have one of the highest market shares on the planet. They can put that money back into efficiency and R&D, and what company can compete with those kinds of resources.

Coolpad Dazen X7 photo shows world’s first glass cell phone
Frank Tu December 16, 2014

Coolpad has been very busy for the last several months, especially with their Dazen subsidiary. Last November, they revealed the new logo for its new sub-brand which has the word “Dazen” in it. This Dazen is a combination of the words “Dare” and “Zenith” and based on the logo’s style, it is obvious that they are targeting the youth demographic. They also recently announced a re-release of the original Coolpad Dasen F1, tentatively called the “New Coolpad Dazen F1”. This new version uses the MTK MT6752M octa-core processor (1.5Ghz) and supports FDD-LTE, TDD-LTE, WCDMA, and GSM networks. It also sports a 5-inch 720p display screen and has 2GB RAM and 16GB ROM. It also comes with a 5mp front-facing camera and 13mp rear-facing camera. It is powered by a 2000 mAh battery and its operating system is the Android 4.44-based Cool UI. As you can see, Coolpad has been busy preparing their upcoming releases, and that is not all.

Today, pop star, Han Geng, released a photo in his Weibo account that shows what is purportedly the upcoming Coolpad Dazen X7 high-end phone. As the photo shows, the phone is completely made of glass. The Dazen X7 is this year’s flagship phone for Coolpad’s Dashen subsidiary, and Han Geng is the first to post a photo of it. The Coolpad Dazen X7 will make its debut on January 8 and may cost around 5000 RMB (807.04 USD). It may be the first ever cell phone to be made entirely of glass.

As January approaches, we will see more information about this phone coming out soon. This picture confirms that it is made of glass. A metal glass case is definitely stronger than steel and very hard. It also looks really pretty and is very scratch resistant.

Innovation, anyone? :)

For similar specs Lenovo is still cheaper. And they got the ready market of IBM in India, but right now they have slipped to number 3 position in laptops, their desktop market share is nothing to speak of in India.

And what is Lenovo? My friend has a Lenovo laptop that runs on Windoes 8.1, Intel processor & chipset, and Segate hard disk, but yes, the plastic casing is Chinese. :lol:

I think that is the case with every laptop maker, maybe Apple is an outlier here.

Better to ignore them. Sharing news is the best response to them.

You can see them burning. :lol:

China only really entered the smartphone market in the past few years, and we are already near the top of the world in terms of global market share.

Once the Chinese domestic market has been conquered, companies like Lenovo/Huawei/Xiaomi will have essentially unlimited funds for improving efficiency and R&D. Allowing them to expand to the rest of the world, like Lenovo did with the PC sector and Haier did with appliances. Now they are both number 1 in global market share.

Malata to release MX4 lookalike Malata S520
Frank Tu December 15, 2014

Back in September, Meizu released the popular Meizu MX4. This phone, which uses the MT6595 octa-core processor, a 5.36-inch FHD display screen, and has 2GB became an instant best-seller. In addition, there are the numerous versions that have been released since then such as the Meizu MX4 Pro. There is also the version of the MX4 that uses the YunOS 3.0. It should be no surprise that it has become one of the big hits of the year considering its design and specifications, and it seems that other companies have noticed too. Malata will soon release its newest phone, the Malata S520 which looks very similar to the popular Meizu MX4.

The Malata S520 definitely has a similar design to the Meizu MX4. Because it sports a 5-inch 720p display screen, it is a bit smaller than the MX4. Its dimensions are 146 x 71.3 x 7.5mm. Unlike the Meizu MX4 which has a unibody chassis, the rear cover of the Malata S520 is removable. Below the screen, it also has a small round Home button like the MX4. The rear-facing camera is also round but protrudes a bit. The Malata S520 also comes with dual LED flash. This phone is available in white and black.

However, the design is where the similarities end. The specifications of the Malata S520 are very different from the Meizu MX4. It is the company’s first 64-bit cell phone. Its CPU processor is the 1.5Ghz MT6732 quad-core chip.It has 1GB RAM and 8GB ROM. It also sports a 5mp front-facing camera and a 13mp rear-facing camera. It is powered by a 2100mAh battery. Regarding connectivity, it supports 4G, 3G, and GSM networks as well as dual SIM cards. Its operating system is the Android 4.4.

Malata announced that they will first release the Malata S520 in China this year.

Can you describe which laptop maker is different from what you describe? Or you are telling me indian micromax smartphone use mincromax chip. micromax screen, micromax harddisk and micromax lens and micromax batt? :lol:

You see everything boils down to price as mobile phones have become identical with Android running underneath. And China cannot maintain its price advantage for very long. China needs unique innovative products to beat Android phones to stay competitive in the long run, so far there is no such thing from China. :)

You see everything boils down to price as mobile phones have become identical with Android running underneath. And China cannot maintain its price advantage for very long. China needs unique innovative products to beat Android phones to stay competitive in the long run, so far there is no such thing from China. :)

LOL, so why is the global market share of these Chinese companies soaring? :lol:

As for innovation, check the Global Innovation Index. China is at the top of the developing world, India is near the bottom. :P China had the highest score amongst the BRICS, and India was (by far) the worst of the BRICS.

Huawei designs its own processor, the networks that the phones run on and the phones themselves. The only thing that Huawei doesn't do is assemble the phone (that is handled by another Chinese company) and the OS, which is Android. This means that there is a huge advantage to Huawei, because it knows exactly how to optimize its phones for its network, and it can leverage its networking experience into providing more mobile services such as data storage.

LOL man you really need to work on your "stealth trolling".

Your trolling is way too obvious, I spotted it the second you entered this thread. And as a result, you've failed to rile up anyone here. :azn:

I hate trolling and I would never try to rile up anyone! You have completely misunderstood me my friend, I am hurt. :(

You can see them burning. :lol:

China only really entered the smartphone market in the past few years, and we are already near the top of the world in terms of global market share.

Once the Chinese domestic market has been conquered, companies like Lenovo/Huawei/Xiaomi will have essentially unlimited funds for improving efficiency and R&D. Allowing them to expand to the rest of the world, like Lenovo did with the PC sector and Haier did with appliances. Now they are both number 1 in global market share.

No, Oppo was one of the first market entrants.

Back
Top Bottom