What's new

28 'Phoenix' Gears up for induction ceremony

PAF raises new multirole squadron

Web Desk
February 28, 2018

Islamabad: Pakistan Air Force achieved another milestone, as a new multirole squadron, equipped with Pakistan’s Pride JF-17 Thunder, was raised at PAF Base Samungli (Quetta) Wednesday.

The squadron has been number plated as No 28 Multirole Squadron with the motto خودی کو جس نے فلک سے بلند تر دیکھا .

A grand ceremony was held at the base to mark this historic event. Air Chief Marshal Sohail Aman, Chief of the Air Staff, Pakistan Air Force was the Chief Guest at the occasion.

286805_7539972_updates.jpg

The Air Chief reviewed a smartly turned out guard of honour by the personnel of the Base. He awarded the squadron emblem to Wing Commander Amir Imran Cheema, Officer Commanding No 28 Multirole Squadron. To make this event memorable, a four ship formation of JF-17 Thunders presented a fly past over the venue.

Addressing at the occasion, the Air Chief said, “We totally understand the kind of conspiracies the enemies of Pakistan continue to hatch but our resolve is very firm and response very clear. We are peace loving nation but we do not want anybody to interfere into our airspace and territory.”

He went on to say “We have done whatever is humanly possible on fighting the menace of terrorism and Allah has rewarded our efforts by restoring peace in the country. Reversal is not an option for us”.

The Air Chief further said, “From now on, No 28 MR Squadron, equipped with Pakistan’s Pride JF-17, has the responsibility of providing day and night aerial defence of the country especially along the western borders of Pakistan.

“I am confident that No 28 Sqn would create the desired strategic balance in a most befitting manner. We want to maintain peace with honour in the region, especially during these uncertain and challenging times. I want to assure the nation that despite all odds, our resolve shall remain unshakable and we shall defend our motherland against any aerial aggression.”

He further added, “Baluchistan is a great province and has significant value for all of us. Its people are friendly, loyal to the country and have always given their best for the development of this country. The development of CPEC is a milestone and will turn not only the history and face of Baluchistan but the entire country. I am very glad that No 28 Squadron takes its birth today in Baluchistan.”

PAF raises new multirole squadron | thenews.com.pk

Was hoping we started doing a standing ceremony for the planes it is more effective
With a lined up plane configuration 8-16-26 depending on production figures
images

Air Cheif walks from plane 1 to Last one in que to welcome the new fighters :tup:
And also the Pilots and Ground crew gets some Highlight who will be maintaining the goodies

The curtain thing ok as well but People want to see the new birds

Last edited:
Yes we have combat ready female pilots. Other than covert ops. PAF is only branch to have front line female soldiers.
Not pilots... PAF has only one combat ready women pilot...

Not pilots... PAF has only one combat ready women pilot...
Do u Know What Combat Ready woman pilot means? It means that pilot has passed combat commander course and is Combat Category qualified. FIY all those Woman pilots who have done FCU course are Fighter pilots and are active flying.

Do u Know What Combat Ready woman pilot means? It means that pilot has passed combat commander course and is Combat Category qualified. FIY all those Woman pilots who have done FCU course are Fighter pilots and are active flying.
You don't have to pass CCS or go through CCS to become an operational fighter pilot. Operational status as a fighter pilot makes you a combat-ready pilot.

You don't have to pass CCS or go through CCS to become an operational fighter pilot. Operational status as a fighter pilot makes you a combat-ready pilot.

Ccs is required before one is given command of a sqn so Sr major or Lt Col ranks

People compare it to top gun or other which are just meant for Jr officer and not command level course

You learn to fight/lead a sqn or wing level force

End of story

Ayesha Farooq is the one and only combat ready fighter pilot in PAF... Name if you know any one other than her???

Ayesha Farooq is the one and only combat ready fighter pilot in PAF... Name if you know any one other than her???

Is this a bait for people to divulge info?
Why dont you provide the proof that she is the only “combat ready” female fighter pilot PAF has? Its your claim so backup with proof or source.

Is this a bait for people to divulge info?
Why dont you provide the proof that she is the only “combat ready” female fighter pilot PAF has? Its your claim so backup with proof or source.
His Source is wikipedia lol
That's what I wanted to say If u passed FCU course u r operational fighter pilot.
He quoted wiki and used word "combat" and that pilot he spoke of in my limited knowledge is the only one who has CCQ status. At the moment in MM Alam there are more than 6 female pilots dont know about other bases.

That's what I wanted to say If u passed FCU course u r operational fighter pilot.
He quoted wiki and used word "combat" and that pilot he spoke of in my limited knowledge is the only one who has CCQ status. At the moment in MM Alam there are more than 6 female pilots dont know about other bases.
Oh Yaara. Leave his lil ego behind. All he does is incites agro, with no concrete contribution. Leave him with his lil one in the dump where he belongs. @Lil Mathew whe nyou start contributing rather than taking cheap shots then we will talk. Till then live in your little glass house.

Oh Yaara. Leave his lil ego behind. All he does is incites agro, with no concrete contribution. Leave him with his lil one in the dump where he belongs. @Lil Mathew whe nyou start contributing rather than taking cheap shots then we will talk. Till then live in your little glass house.
Rightly Said so, I am wasting my time with him, Apna khon ku jalon.

Now you take the word 'operational' pilot... Yeh I know there are other women fighter pilots are there in PAF... But only one "combat ready" fighter pilot Ayesha Farooq...
Between where I quoted wiki???

Back
Top Bottom