What's new

26 killed as bus carrying school children overturns on Motorway

^^^ i changed from 5th to 3rd at 60mph...engine rpm went off the scale...headgasket was blown but car slowed down......dont know about buses.
but when will we have tougher laws for being a driver and about legal requirements on maintainance of vehicles.

Severe accidents like this are multi-factorial.

Poor bus design (no rollover standards).
Poor maintenance (poor road safety checks).
Poor infrastructure (this section of the motorway snakes through this section at steep grades because the original four lane design took a longer route without these S-curves, but was changed to this three lane design with a built in death trap).
Poor driver skills (lack of proper training, false sense of speed after driving straight at high speeds, then coming to sharp curves).

and so on.

The immediate cause may be as simple as brief inattention, or even old brake fluid with high absorbed moisture content over a period of years with replacement and so on.

Now so many families with live with this grievous loss, while the nation lose out on the potential of so many promising minds.

Sad, very sad. :(

one little invention from sweden.....three point seatbelt..saves thousands of lives everyday.....
how hard is it for bus builders to integrate seatbelts into bus seats?...even two point seat belt will do.
if they were wearing seatbelts..they hadent bounced like a ping pong ball inside the bus when it rolled over....and had been saved....
why the parents let their kids go in such.an unsafe bus...

we do need to learn these simple things

Safety costs money: seatbelts with pre-tensioners, proper seat frames, padded interior etc. etc.

Now compare this with no seatbelts, angle-iron seat frames with separate cushions, sharp metal trim over wood construction that can splinter.

A recipe for disaster.

i agree safety costs money....and i cant even imagine how devastated and grived the parents of those children are at the moment....
but it was a grammer school..and they must be charging thousands of rupees per month...it wasnt a cheap government school.....how come they allowed 110 people to be crammed in a bus built for much lesser people.
could the parents protest on that and asked to school to hire another bus .. and a bus with seat belts..bevaue such buses are available in pakistan...
the blue daewoo bus i travelled in from Rawalpindi to Lahore had seat belts in every seat and they asked us to wear em.

i would say this is pure ignorance.....

Maybe it could be a mechanical fault in the bus, and maybe the bus was made in India perhaps?

If you are trolling then you should ban your self.. reason can be any thing but it is human fault .. and any human fault is avoidable using good practices in respective field

If you are trolling then you should ban your self.. reason can be any thing but it is human fault .. and any human fault is avoidable using good practices in respective field

How do u no? were u the driver at the time?

yes karachitte really sad news so what are the details i mean the driver was sleepy or what?

shifting the gears down when going in high speed without braking can cause the vehicle to skid and even overturn....its not that easy.....

r.i.p.....

Using engine Braking is actually safer than having your brakes/wheels get locked..........this driver was definitely not professional enough to know the vehicle he was driving. You should always speed enough that you can stop in the distance of the beam of your head lights........and go slow enough so you can shift down in case of brake failure.

I have driven on this stretch of the road in an automatic vehicle, and i shifted down to make sure i had engine braking and the fact that car was never speeding away on the down slope.....

But a sad incident this was......RIP

one little invention from sweden.....three point seatbelt..saves thousands of lives everyday.....
how hard is it for bus builders to integrate seatbelts into bus seats?...even two point seat belt will do.
if they were wearing seatbelts..they hadent bounced like a ping pong ball inside the bus when it rolled over....and had been saved....
why the parents let their kids go in such.an unsafe bus...

we do need to learn these simple things

And how do you plan on putting 3 point seatbelts in a bus? I haven't seen any on the Bus tours in US or UK....let alone Pakistan.

And 2 point seat belts would have offered minimal protection as you can see that the bus roof totally collapsed and like VCheng mentioned those rusty sharp metal pieces every where......it was a disaster waiting to happen...and will continue to happen until we take responsibility ourselves!!

Do not ride in a vehicle that you can clearly see is unsafe or the driver is incapable of handling it.

Sad news RIP to the dead and may the ones hurt recover soon may ALLAH be with them all.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom