What's new

25 top submarine fleets based on quality and quantity

@vostok @Mafia @Chinese-Dragon

guys , for the record , no one in the world gives credit to "estimations" and "rankings" provided by some un-educated person on internet .

even sources like "global fire power" which is a world renown source regarding rankings of world armies ; are not given a penny of respect in professional military debates .

thats of course IMHO , but i really want to know - based on my previous knowledge from you - why did you thank/positive rated this thread ?

guys , for the record , no one in the world gives credit to "estimations" and "rankings" provided by some un-educated person on internet .

even sources like "global fire power" which is a world renown source regarding rankings of world armies ; are not given a penny of respect in professional military debates .

thats of course IMHO , but i really want to know - based on my previous knowledge from you - why did you thank/positive rated this thread ?

Are you serious ? Even if we don't agree with his rankings we should appreciate the effort and time he spends for this ,as well as the "Air Force" thread.Even if we think some equipment are not given the corect mark,These 2 threads are very well structured by the OP and most of us apreciate his work.

You,on the other hand,are just butthurt that he's Israeli and you're just trolling,i think you did the same in world air forces thread.Let us be and stop polluting good threads!

Reported,btw.

I come on defence forums for these kind of threads and debates ,not to see butthurt iranians moaning.

ofcourse training is not taken into account but the ranking is indeed very much neutral.

Both of his Air force and naval ranking is better than even global firepower.

I would rather suggest him to open a site in direct competition to globalfirepower

Mr. Antony has killed our submarine fleet, I read somewhere that we were supposed to have 24 submarines by 2015. (@Abingdonboy can confirm if it is true).

Last 10 years was a lost decade for our military and for our country. :(
24 SSKs by 2015 was a goal set out in the mid-00s before the Scorpene delays were revealed. As for lost decade? Not really, that took place between the late 90s to the early 00s. The early 00s to now have seen quite a transformation in the Indian Mil's capabilities on many, many fronts but a lot of areas are still lagging behind. Antony's inaction is to blame for a lot of this (LUHs, Arty,MMRCA etc) but the next 3-4 years will see these issues comprehensively addressed.

Instead of looking back it is time for everyone to draw a line and look foreword. With India's ambitious shopping list for military hardware and the purchasing power to back this up by 2020 India will have a military to be reckoned with.

This type of ranking has several drawbacks:

1. Older systems are overrated like India's kilos.
2. NK has about 50 midgets and semi-midgets that are not scored at all.
3. Brazil is constructing nuclear subs and soon will join their navy.

Hmmm...

1.I may just agree,not quite sure.

2.Really now ? I wouldn't rate 5 midgeot NK subs as 1 Romeo,let's be real....

3.When they'll be in existence,they'll be counted-starting 2016.....this is a top about the current submarines not future.

Look, I am not forcing u to accept my rankings. You prefer "a world renown" ranking of Global power, where North Korea is higher than USA :cheesy: and Colombia is higher than UK? :girl_wacko: - You are welcome to use it.

Here the link and screenshot for you, enjoy:

343.1398639008.png

Total Submarine Strength by Country

@500 PLAN has commissioned one Type 093B in last year, it has featured with pump-jet, so it should have the same rank as the improved LA class.

Thanks for criticism.

- Kilo first appeared in 1981, when it was designed from scratch, 209 series first appeared in 1971.
- Kilo is very large 2300 t surfaced and dispacement means a lot for submarines: more powerful batteries, more endurance, more noise reduction measures, more powerful sonars, more weapons. 209/1400 has 1454 t surfaced displacement: almost 1.6 times less.
- Kilo has teardrop shape with low length-to-beam ratio (7.3), which is considered optimal. 209/1400 has 10 ratio.
2. In wartime they are quite useless. Lets say each midget is 0.5 then NK rank is 25.
3. I included only active ships. I did not include even the Israeli and Vietnamese subs which are currently under sea trials. According to plans the first Brazilian nuclear submarine will enter operation only in 2025.

@500 PLAN has commissioned one Type 093B in last year, it has featured with pump-jet, so it should have the same rank as the improved LA class.
Tnx. I cant edit anymore my first post, but all u need to do is add 5 points to China rank. It does not change much in overall pic.

Thanks for criticism.

- Kilo first appeared in 1981, when it was designed from scratch, 209 series first appeared in 1971.
- Kilo is very large 2300 t surfaced and dispacement means a lot for submarines: more powerful batteries, more endurance, more noise reduction measures, more powerful sonars, more weapons. 209/1400 has 1454 t surfaced displacement: almost 1.6 times less.
- Kilo has teardrop shape with low length-to-beam ratio (7.3), which is considered optimal. 209/1400 has 10 ratio.
2. In wartime they are quite useless. Lets say each midget is 0.5 then NK rank is 25.
3. I included only active ships. I did not include even the Israeli and Vietnamese subs which are currently under sea trials. According to plans the first Brazilian nuclear submarine will enter operation only in 2025.

Tnx. I cant edit anymore my first post, but all u need to do is add 5 points to China rank. It does not change much in overall pic.

Still, thank you a lot for the acknowledgement, and i think with the commission of the coming Type 095, it should add another 40 points to China.

Still, thank you a lot for the acknowledgement, and i think with the commission of the coming Type 095, it should add another 40 points to China.
Tnx u too for the info. The gap between Russia and China is quite big. Very soon Russia will enter one 855 and two Improved Kilos. More are planned, so the overall pic is not going to change much until 2020.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom