What's new

2023 Turkish election

Capture.PNG

It is a question of where voters for Sinan Ogan and Muharrem Ince would vote if there is a run-off - I dont know much about Turkish politics - so it is difficult to say.

I hope the election is free, fair and without interference and reflects the true will of the people and therefore an example to Pakistan of how things "should be done".

Second round will be formality for Erdogan as he can count on votes from third candidate and also opposition voters will be demoralised because they lost parlament majority and had expectations of winning in first round.
I congrat to turkish people for their show of on polls, really admire number of people which commited their time to vote for their candidates.

Second round will be formality for Erdogan as he can count on votes from third candidate and also opposition voters will be demoralised because they lost parlament majority and had expectations of winning in first round.
I congrat to turkish people for their show of on polls, really admire number of people which commited their time to vote for their candidates.

I have been watching the news todayt on this topic and all the feedback(once you get past the BBC propaganda!! ) is that the Turkish people trust their democracy and they trust their votes, and they have turned up in large numbers to have their say.

I only hope one day, Pakistan can copy this !!!

It is a question of where voters for Sinan Ogan and Muharrem Ince would vote if there is a run-off - I dont know much about Turkish politics - so it is difficult to say.

I hope the election is free, fair and without interference and reflects the true will of the people and therefore an example to Pakistan of how things "should be done".

I have been watching the news todayt on this topic and all the feedback(once you get past the BBC propaganda!! ) is that the Turkish people trust their democracy and they trust their votes, and they have turned up in large numbers to have their say.

I only hope one day, Pakistan can copy this !!!
Western media gave huge wind into Erdogan sails with their propaganda against him and turkish state..
Personally i think it is important that Erdogan do another mandate to finish of remainimg military projects without internal turmoils and insability, that would conclude ome highly commendable political carrier.

I saw a video on TV earlier,where a guy at a voting center stamping Erdogan ballots just like that. Apparently,someone was filming him and called the police and he was arrested.

Now I just found a different video online where someone else was stamping Erdogan on the ballots,just like that.

You know,people from the voting commitees.

Erdogan has just jumped back up to 49.86% - i guess it will ebb and flow until all the votes have been counted.

I hope the election is free, fair and to without interference and reflects the true will of the people and therefore an example to Pakistan of how things "should be done".
As for Sinan Ogan voters base, they're hard-core nationalists who dislike the PKK/HDP/FETO more than the AKP voters, and Erdo'an isn't nationalist enough. So, the next round solely belongs to tne Reis....

Last edited:
Not sure if these kinds of scuffles happen here and there regularly or “secular” people are feeling embolden due to the election and the thought Ergodan may lose the election?

@Hakikat ve Hikmet

What does Turkish society expect to happen if Erdogan loses the election? Reinstating Bans on religious garb?

If the opposition win, we know they want to “turn towards the west”, but what is their policy towards the region, especially Syrian Refugees? Pakistan? BRI?

Btw, a lot more coverage about this election in various western media sources then from other regions, except Al Jazeera’s who reporter was harassed for reporting on the elections in Arabic. Anti-Arab Xenophobia?

Compared to the worst-case scenarios, stuffs look exceedingly bright! Erdoan's coalition has bagged the parliament with an absolute majority. As for the Presidential part it'll move to the next round b/w Erdo'an and Kemal as nobody might get 50%+. Now, their difference is 5.5%, and it comes due to the 3rd candidate whose voters base is the most hard-core nationalists. And, they hate Kemal more than AKP voters due to his pro-PKK/FETO stance! So, the next round Insha'Allah belongs to the Reis. By the by, this result is good for the Turkish democracy for the opposition can't morally complain much....

Erdogan on one hand - Imran Khan on the other hand - feels like a heavy night tonight where the future of both countries will be decided ...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom