What's new

2021 DxB Air Show

It was the last Air Show (2019) and the Sim was of the Block 70.

There is a F-21 Simulator which was not brought down here - and has yet to be made public. But a former USAF Pilot, who was the Test Pilot at Lockheed Martin showed me the Simulator on his cellphone.

He said, that LM was planning on taking it for Aero India 2020, but I suppose that never happened due to the Pandemic.

And I don't recall PAC/PAF ever brining any Simulator to any DxB Air Show in the past.
Was it similar to this. Or have they changed their cockpit configuration.

Was it similar to this. Or have they changed their cockpit configuration.
I'll do you one better...

This is an image I took a Pilot walking towards the Secret Simulator back in 2019.

IMG_20191117_121546.jpg

...and here is what it looks like. Again people, the image (above) & the clip (below) are from 2019, which explains the absence of Face Masks.

I'll do you one better...

This is an image I took a Pilot walking towards the Secret Simulator back in 2019.

...and here is what it looks like. Again people, the image (above) & the clip (below) are from 2019, which explains the absence of Face Masks.

Noted, different cockpit standards

CATIC L-15 Simulator & Static Display

(for something so small - it seems to pack quite a punch)

Based on what they brought To the show l-15 had good possibilities vs other products perhaps USA 🇺🇸 and Europe suppliers dominate

It was the last Air Show (2019) and the Sim was of the Block 70.

There is a F-21 Simulator which was not brought down here - and has yet to be made public. But a former USAF Pilot, who was the Test Pilot at Lockheed Martin showed me the Simulator on his cellphone.

He said, that LM was planning on taking it for Aero India 2020, but I suppose that never happened due to the Pandemic.

And I don't recall PAC/PAF ever brining any Simulator to any DxB Air Show in the past.
Yep that is the one. We need to bring one and up our sales effort.

So, the images above are the ones most relevant to this Forum.

There are 200 more pictures taken randomly at the Air Show of Commercial Airliners & Defence Contractors like Lockheed Martin, Collins Aerospace, Raytheon, Rostec etc.

by any chance get to Checkmate, anything to share?

i mean to their pavilion and something of info to share?

Last edited:
by any chance get to Checkmate, anything to share?

i mean to their pavilion and something of info to share?
Funny, you ask.

The Checkmate had a Indoor Static Display.

You can see it in the pictures behind the CATIC's L-15 jet.

On the first day, there were wayyyyy too many people queuing up - so I just dropped the idea.

2nd day, I went after lunch & was behind atleast 40 persons - as they were taking people in groups. After 30mins I just gave up.

I went back on (I think) the 4th day, got in que (again) only for one of the guys to come out & say that the viewing will be closed for 45mins.

I'm sure you know what happened after that.

But there are some videos on YouTube of its viewing.

55th FS have visited Pakistan a few times. And that's a great paint job.
A friend of mine went up against the 55th at Red Flag (in the Block 52's).
correct me if am wrong but the f-16 belongs to 176 fs of WI ANG?
Good eye.

Yeah, this one belongs to the Pilot who was posing with the IAF's Surya Kiran Team (on Page 1 - Post #3).

Both of their Jets were parked with all the Demo Jets where no was given access to.

The USAF Viper Demo Team were using their Jets on alternate days. I have no clue as to why.

Looks like a simple simulator. Col. was probably trying to see how usable the simulator was for real training. I don’t think he looked impressed, but that is just one layman’s impression.
Well, I doubt he would have shown his enthusiasm had he of been remotely impressed.

What was interesting is after he's done - the CATIC guys just stood right there not giving him any importance as he walked off into the sunset 🤣 .

Back
Top Bottom