What's new

2021 DxB Air Show

A friend of mine went up against the 55th at Red Flag (in the Block 52's).

Good eye.

Yeah, this one belongs to the Pilot who was posing with the IAF's Surya Kiran Team (on Page 1 - Post #3).

Both of their Jets were parked with all the Demo Jets where no was given access to.

The USAF Viper Demo Team were using their Jets on alternate days. I have no clue as to why.
PACAF was the demo group, they had come from Japan. USAF Viper demo team had just ended their season a few days before, saw them in Miami.

The aircraft are borrowed for availability. And this happens for multiple demos. Years ago, we would see Block 60 demos at Dubai until 2011 by Lockheed Martin test pilots. Dubai 2017 was flown by Rainwaters27 using a jet from Spangdahlem AB that was in the region. At Farnborough and Paris air shows, where LM flew the displays (not USAF), they used USAFE jets.

And in terms of alternate days, they couldn't host everyone in the allotted schedule by the FCC, one of the Block 60 demo safety observers said that.

@Trailer23 Great photos Vasef!.. I absolutely love your youtube vids btw!.

I never knew, you were there at airshow! I live near by and made some videos from my home: https://www.facebook.com/664502081/videos/pcb.10159856951607082/415407300026603

Was just not interested, knowing JF is not participating and further more the PAC JF specs blunder and the feedback from some people through twitter made me not to go. I got the feedback that PAC staff was half asleep and they really don't care if specs are right or not. :S

Anyways, great to see superb content and amazing people in this forum. Am coming back to this forums after 2 decades. There used be pakistanidefenceforum.com in early 2000s. I used to make flash games for PAF those days LMAO! and e-catalog for navy / AF. Had some content creation germs back then. Will try revive it seeing your passion. Your passion is contagious! Keep up.

@Trailer23 Great photos Vasef!.. I absolutely love your youtube vids btw!.
Thank you 🤙.
I never knew, you were there at airshow! I live near by and made some videos from my home.
Been attending the DxB Air Show since 1989. Got all the passes to back it up ;) .

Making videos from your home, huh. MAG 1 or 2?

I had to drive across two Emirates on all 5 Days. B!tch of a drive back n' forth.
Was just not interested, knowing JF is not participating and further more the PAC JF specs blunder and the feedback from some people through twitter made me not to go. I got the feedback that PAC staff was half asleep and they really don't care if specs are right or not. :S
Well, for me it was too late as I had already...
a. Applied for Annual Leave (for the Air Show).
b. Paid USD $85/- for the Ticket a couple of months in advance.

JF-17 not coming is...well...political & not something either of us (you & I) should be discussing here.

As for PAC/PAF guys being half dead..., that is truly a mystery. I guess they were more interested in getting out by 5pm - straight to the hotel - grabbing the Metro - and going to Dubai Mall & EXPO 2020.

JF-17 not coming is...well...political & not something either of us (you & I) should be discussing here.
haha! absolutely true

I had to drive across two Emirates on all 5 Days. B!tch of a drive back n' forth.

Me at Urbana 2, Dubai south. Damn, am too lazy, that close and didn't go lol. I must have visited had JF-17 participated. But nevertheless, now i know you are here. I'll sure be in contact!.

@Raider 21
176th FS guy is currently based in KSA. He was in Dhafra Air Base & was heading back to KSA before he got the call to fly down for the Air Show. Pretty sure his flight was shorter to DWC than Etihad Airways.

The other 2 from the 55th FS were bound for the Air Show & had flown down from the US. After the Air Show they were heading to Europe for another deployment.

Thank you 🤙.

Been attending the DxB Air Show since 1989. Got all the passes to back it up ;) .

Well, for me it was too late as I had already...
a. Applied for Annual Leave (for the Air Show).
b. Paid USD $85/- for the Ticket a couple of months in advance.

As for PAC/PAF guys being half dead..., that is truly a mystery. I guess they were more interested in getting out by 5pm - straight to the hotel - grabbing the Metro - and going to Dubai Mall & EXPO 2020.
The latter regarding PAC/PAF unfortunately has more truth to it.
@Raider 21
176th FS guy is currently based in KSA. He was in Dhafra Air Base & was heading back to KSA before he got the call to fly down for the Air Show. Pretty sure his flight was shorter to DWC than Etihad Airways.

The other 2 from the 55th FS were bound for the Air Show & had flown down from the US. After the Air Show they were heading to Europe for another deployment.
Very nice. PACAF personnel had come in from Misawa, Japan.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom