What's new

2014 Elections - Grave Implications for India

please vote for Singh's party, we Chinese want a weak india, so we want his party!

Yeah like that weak *** LI who came to Delhi. All the time he talked of gardens and flowers. Must have been the Gardener in Charge of PRC's toilet Complex.

In fact AAP will lead to division of anti congress votes . and may end as advantage congress ....!

can't say anything until elections..even congress don't have much support, from what i hear from my friends in delhi AAP is eating up congress votes as well ...

can't say anything until elections..even congress don't have much support, from what i hear from my friends in delhi AAP is eating up congress votes as well ...

Let us be realistic can AAP grab enough votes to defeat Congress voters ....and if they garner enough votes ...can they get enough seats ?

I really doubt that ....AAP may have appeal to urban educated voters and some slum voters ( thanks to electricity bill campaign )

But do you think AAP is strong enough to get elected and rule Delhi ?

I doubt so ....

AAP will only end up spoiling BJP's chances !

I support cause of AAP but unfortunately AAP will only end up helping Congress by causing division of Anti Congress votes !

Let us be realistic can AAP grab enough votes to defeat Congress voters ....and if they garner enough votes ...can they get enough seats ?

I really doubt that ....AAP may have appeal to urban educated voters and some slum voters ( thanks to electricity bill campaign )

But do you think AAP is strong enough to get elected and rule Delhi ?

I doubt so ....

AAP will only end up spoiling BJP's chances !

I support cause of AAP but unfortunately AAP will only end up helping Congress by causing division of Anti Congress votes !

This is one way to look at it ..but i doubt AAP is eating on only anti congress voters....AAP is eating to every parties voters out there ... This sounds more like a party propaganda to not vote for AAP since i have heard this many many times in News media outlets ... its unrealistic to believe they only catching anti congress voters just because there is an anti govt. stance in the people these days...

This is one way to look at it ..but i doubt AAP is eating on only anti congress voters....AAP is eating to every parties voters out there ... This sounds more like a party propaganda to not vote for AAP since i have heard this many many times in News media outlets ... its unrealistic to believe they only catching anti congress voters just because there is an anti govt. stance in the people these days...

well this is what I feel ! it's not based on assertion of any media house or propaganda ....it is obvious that Anti Incumbency against would have generally benefitted BJP if it had been 2 way contest .....now Enter AAP the anti Congress votes can split up ....benefiting Congress ultimately .

Mark my words AAP will end up helping Congress indirectly ....

So since you don't agree with this view what do you think is going to be outcome of Delhi elections ? Any guess from you ???

well this is what I feel ! it's not based on assertion of any media house or propaganda ....it is obvious that Anti Incumbency against would have generally benefitted BJP if it had been 2 way contest .....now Enter AAP the anti Congress votes can split up ....benefiting Congress ultimately .

So since you don't agree with this view what do you think is going to be outcome of Delhi elections ? Any guess from you ???

I don't have any one really.....recent survey from AAP says that majority support them but if that will turn into actual votes is anybodies guess ..

I will tell u what's Gonna Happen ... Out of 75 seats ... COngress wll get 25-30 BJP will also get 25-30 f and APP will get 10-15

Finally in the name of Secularism AAP will eventually support Kangress...

AAP is nothing but a masque of the Congress... true blood Indians should refrain from voting in favour of the party.

I will tell u what's Gonna Happen ... Out of 75 seats ... COngress wll get 25-30 BJP will also get 25-30 f and APP will get 10-15

Finally in the name of Secularism AAP will eventually support Kangress...

quite unlikely after Khujliwala's political fights with Vadra and Khurshid

I don't have any one really.....recent survey from AAP says that majority support them but if that will turn into actual votes is anybodies guess ..

Frankly speaking I wanted Congress rout to begin from Delhi !

And I would have liked to see BJP getting benifited ...as it is the only party which can prove stable alternative to Congress .

But AAP complicates matter ....I would have loved to see AAP winning based on ideals and principles .

Between BJP and AAP ....AAP is cleaner choice .

But AAP can't provide durable , stable alternative to Congress or BJP at the moment .....they have long way to go !

AAP is nothing but a masque of the Congress... true blood Indians should refrain from voting in favour of the party.
I doubt it....AAP leaders and members are being hounded by the govt.

http://http://www.dnaindia.com/mumbai/1891659/report-mumbai-s-satta-bazaar-bets-on-narendra-modi-for-a-win-in-2014-lok-sabha-polls

Mumbai's Satta Bazaar bets on Narendra Modi for a win in 2014 Lok Sabha polls
Saturday, Sep 21, 2013, 7:28 IST | Place: Mumbai | Agency: DNA
S Balakrishnan

If betting circles are anything to go by, the odds aren't in favour of the Congress in the coming Lok Sabha polls.

With the BJP anointing Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi as its candidate for prime ministership, betting on the likely results of the 2014 Lok Sabha elections has started in right earnest in Mumbai’s Satta Bazaar. Normally, mainstream betting starts only when the election dates are announced by the chief election commissioner. But this time around, the perception in betting circles is that the battle lines are already drawn between the BJP and the Congress.

Sources in Satta Bazaar say that the high-profile Modi is the most favoured politician today.On Friday, the odds on Modi was Rs1.30. This means that for every rupee you bet on Modi becoming the prime minister, you get Rs1.30 paise.
In sharp contrast, the odds on Rahul Gandhi was Rs3, which clearly showed that he has still to catch up with Modi. However, the odds could change depending on political developments leading up to the formal announcement of the polls.

But, as of now, it is felt that a diffident Congress is reluctant to project Rahul Gandhi as its prime ministerial candidate despite age being on his side. Thus, Modi already has had a head start and this is reflected in the odds.

The odds on Dr Manmohan Singh retaining his office are rather slim at Rs12.
Sonia Gandhi also appears to be way behind in the race at Rs13. To date, bets worth about Rs90 crore have been placed at markets in Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Indore, Karachi and Dubai. This figure is certain to go up in the days to come.

Said one of the main bookies: “Till Modi was formally announced as the BJP’s candidate for prime minister, there was lot of unease in the minds of bettors. They feared that LK Advani might manage to postpone it till after the assembly elections. But, with BJP president Rajnath Singh officially declaring Modi as the candidate, the floodgates were opened. Within an hour of the announcement the market received a major boost.”

The chances of the BJP managing to cross the magic 272 seat mark is considered bright and the odds are Rs1.50. For the Congress it is Rs5. Raging inflation, slowdown of the economy and the organisational weaknesses of the Congress are all factors going against the UPA government. Bookies and bettors closely study political trends, poll strategies of parties and media analyses before putting their monies. They even cultivate high-level sources in parties so as to obtain “andhar ki baat” or inside information.

Interestingly, betting on assembly elections in four of the five states has also started even though the Election Commission of India is still to announce the poll schedule. These polls are regarded as something of a semi-finals to the final match (general elections) likely to be held in April to May, 2014. Assembly polls are to be held in Delhi, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Chhatisgarh and Mizoram.

There is no interest in Mizoram, but there is considerable speculation about the outcome in the remaining four states where the Congress and the BJP are in power in two states each. The chances of Shiela Dikshit retaining power in Delhi, according to the bookies, is relatively good at Rs2.50, and that for the BJP is Rs4.50. This is because, the BJP unit in Delhi under its president Vijay Goel is perceived to be a divided house.

In Rajasthan, the BJP under the leadership of Vasundhara Raje Scindia is expected to do well. The huge response to Modi’s recent rally in that state has boosted the party’s image, and the odds of the saffron organisation forming the government is placed at Rs3.25 against Rs4.60 for the Congress. The BJP government led by Shivraj Singh Chauhan in Madhya Pradesh is expected to tide over the anti-incumbency factor and retain power. The odds are Rs2 for the BJP and Rs3.80 for the Congress. In Chhatisgarh too the BJP regime under Dr Raman Singh is expected to retain power and the odds are Rs2.10 against Rs4.50 for the Congress.

http://http://www.dnaindia.com/mumbai/1891659/report-mumbai-s-satta-bazaar-bets-on-narendra-modi-for-a-win-in-2014-lok-sabha-polls

Mumbai's Satta Bazaar bets on Narendra Modi for a win in 2014 Lok Sabha polls
Saturday, Sep 21, 2013, 7:28 IST | Place: Mumbai | Agency: DNA
S Balakrishnan

If betting circles are anything to go by, the odds aren't in favour of the Congress in the coming Lok Sabha polls.

With the BJP anointing Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi as its candidate for prime ministership, betting on the likely results of the 2014 Lok Sabha elections has started in right earnest in Mumbai’s Satta Bazaar. Normally, mainstream betting starts only when the election dates are announced by the chief election commissioner. But this time around, the perception in betting circles is that the battle lines are already drawn between the BJP and the Congress.

Sources in Satta Bazaar say that the high-profile Modi is the most favoured politician today.On Friday, the odds on Modi was Rs1.30. This means that for every rupee you bet on Modi becoming the prime minister, you get Rs1.30 paise.
In sharp contrast, the odds on Rahul Gandhi was Rs3, which clearly showed that he has still to catch up with Modi. However, the odds could change depending on political developments leading up to the formal announcement of the polls.

But, as of now, it is felt that a diffident Congress is reluctant to project Rahul Gandhi as its prime ministerial candidate despite age being on his side. Thus, Modi already has had a head start and this is reflected in the odds.

The odds on Dr Manmohan Singh retaining his office are rather slim at Rs12.
Sonia Gandhi also appears to be way behind in the race at Rs13. To date, bets worth about Rs90 crore have been placed at markets in Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Indore, Karachi and Dubai. This figure is certain to go up in the days to come.

Said one of the main bookies: “Till Modi was formally announced as the BJP’s candidate for prime minister, there was lot of unease in the minds of bettors. They feared that LK Advani might manage to postpone it till after the assembly elections. But, with BJP president Rajnath Singh officially declaring Modi as the candidate, the floodgates were opened. Within an hour of the announcement the market received a major boost.”

The chances of the BJP managing to cross the magic 272 seat mark is considered bright and the odds are Rs1.50. :smart: For the Congress it is Rs5. Raging inflation, slowdown of the economy and the organisational weaknesses of the Congress are all factors going against the UPA government. Bookies and bettors closely study political trends, poll strategies of parties and media analyses before putting their monies. They even cultivate high-level sources in parties so as to obtain “andhar ki baat” or inside information.

Interestingly, betting on assembly elections in four of the five states has also started even though the Election Commission of India is still to announce the poll schedule. These polls are regarded as something of a semi-finals to the final match (general elections) likely to be held in April to May, 2014. Assembly polls are to be held in Delhi, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Chhatisgarh and Mizoram.

There is no interest in Mizoram, but there is considerable speculation about the outcome in the remaining four states where the Congress and the BJP are in power in two states each. The chances of Shiela Dikshit retaining power in Delhi, according to the bookies, is relatively good at Rs2.50, and that for the BJP is Rs4.50. This is because, the BJP unit in Delhi under its president Vijay Goel is perceived to be a divided house.

In Rajasthan, the BJP under the leadership of Vasundhara Raje Scindia is expected to do well. The huge response to Modi’s recent rally in that state has boosted the party’s image, and the odds of the saffron organisation forming the government is placed at Rs3.25 against Rs4.60 for the Congress. The BJP government led by Shivraj Singh Chauhan in Madhya Pradesh is expected to tide over the anti-incumbency factor and retain power. The odds are Rs2 for the BJP and Rs3.80 for the Congress. In Chhatisgarh too the BJP regime under Dr Raman Singh is expected to retain power and the odds are Rs2.10 against Rs4.50 for the Congress.

Pranab begins mugging up for 2014 - Rediff.com India News

Pranab begins mugging up for 2014
October 09, 2013 15:44 IST
The President has begun studying Constitutional and Presidential precedents in anticipation of a fractured mandate in next year's general election, reveals R Prema.

What will Pranab Mukherjee do in May 2014?

If the general election throws up a clear mandate, the President will play no role beyond inviting the next prime minister to form the government.

But if it is an unclear mandate, Congress leaders are worried the President will play King Maker.

Mukherjee has already begun studying his predecessors's decisions. Among the Presidents, the current Rashtrapati is studying are Ramaswamy Venkataraman, Dr Shankar Dayal Sharma, K R Narayanan and A P J Abdul Kalam, all of whom were confronted with multiple leadership choices after a fractured mandate general election.

The President -- who has a reputation for Constitutional propriety -- has also met with three former Chief Justices of India to get a Constitutional framework for past Presidential decisions.

The President takes copious notes on which President took what decision to satisfy themselves on inviting which leader to form the government.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom