What's new

2013 Elections – Another Sad Day In Pakistan’s History

Humble Pakistani

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
United States
“He’ll bring them death & they’ll love him for that” - a quote from Gladiator

I am in a state of shock since yesterday. I cannot understand the nation of Pakistan and its people. It must be that I’ve been away from my motherland for so long that I do not see how people think now. What happened yesterday? It has left me beyond confused. I am tempted to blame it on rigging, but then again, looking at the corruption surrounding the past elections, should I be shocked? I voted for PTI; how did PMLN won a massive landslide?

I am not suggesting that they did not get any votes; I am just surprised that people had the nerves to see them as liable candidates and actually voted for them. If we were to judge them based on their performance during the last 5 years then they should have gotten zero seats. PPP & PMLN were partners in the last government along with ANP and MQM. They were all together in the loot and plunder of Pakistan. Let me remind you what happened in Punjab in just the last five years.

18-22 hours of regular load shedding, Dengue virus killed thousands, and hundreds fell victim to bad medicine. Shahbaz sharif’s laptop project, Danish schools, and the Metro Bus projects were marred by corruption. Do you remember the incident when Shahbaz Shariff’s daughter had the poor guy at the bakery beaten up? Nawaz Shariff cannot even get a good hair transplant; I mean do you really expect him to run the country?

It seemed that the people were looted for twenty years and then on May 11 they took off their covers again to say that was not enough. It is shocking, when will we learn and understand? It is safe to say that the next five years will be even worse now that the Judiciary and the legislators will work together to degrade the country.

If the elections in Pakistan were held under the constitutional requirements, none of these crooks should have been allowed to run for the elections in the first place. The only way Pakistan can be saved is through mass education. That may bring the ability for the people to look at right from wrong! I just don’t see how else this nation can overlook their carnage of the system.

Source:2013 Elections

Can someone explain why Pakistanis voted for Nawas Sharif? From people here, if not all, the majority in this forum hate him and consider a corrupted person.

Can someone explain why Pakistanis voted for Nawas Sharif? From people here, if not all, the majority in this forum hate him and consider a corrupted person.

He won by massive rigging.

Because 70-80 million Pakistanis are Punjabies who most likely voted for his party only based on ethnic affiliation.

Stop assuming crap, have you even ever lived in Punjab?

You guys should make one sticky topic to express your sougg and matam for PTI

No point of making new topic after every ten minute

Because 70-80 million Pakistanis are Punjabies who most likely voted for his party only based on ethnic affiliation.

What BS is this?

So if PTI won in KPK. was it because IK pathan?

PTI had many senior candidate as Punjabi and PTI still got many votes in pujab even if they could not cross winning line

and when your people in KPK and karachi gave any votes to punjabi candidate ?

You guys should make one sticky topic to express your sougg and matam for PTI

No point of making new topic after every ten minute

What BS is this?

PTI had many senior candidate as Punjabi and PTI still got many votes in pujab even if they could not cross winning line

Ignorance cant hide its smell.

Yes i have lived in Punjab, and the people there are ignorant and only vote based on religious (sectarian to be specific) or ethnic basis.

Yes i have lived in Punjab, and the people there are ignorant and only vote based on religious (sectarian to be specific) or ethnic basis.

And that qualifies you to make ignorant blanket statements?

80 million Pakistanis aren't Pathans.

Only in Lahore. In rural Punjab, where most of the Punjabi population resides, Nawaz Sharrif receives his support from.

Two reasons,

1. Caste system. No matter what people think, the lower class and many other people vote on the basis of ethnicity.
Many people even marry within their own caste.

2. Well entrenched mafias. Both PML-N and MQM and PPP have their people in the administration since years and
years. They can manipulate elections despite strict measures.

PTI actually deserved a higher seat ratio in Punjab than they actually got. Reasons are above.​

I think you meant factual statements. A corrupt person voted into power a third time, was it for his competence? Not exactly.

I think you meant factual statements. A corrupt person voted into power a third time, was it for his competence? Not exactly.

He wasn't voted in, the elections were rigged from top to the bottom. Never forget,these same "Punjabi idiots" elected PPP too,that nullifies your assumptions.

He won by massive rigging.

Actually he does make sense. I understand it, since it is the norm in Jordan. The only thing most people consider upon election is tribalism without any consideration to the candidate integrity or agenda. I myself was picked up from my home to vote for my relative whom is known for being corrupted. There is no another explanation for Nawaz' victory.

80 million Pakistanis aren't Pathans.

Only in Lahore. In rural Punjab, where most of the Punjabi population resides, Nawaz Sharrif receives his support from.

tell me how many Punjabi candidate fought election in KPK, sindh and Karachi and how many of them got victory ? they don't even participate in election there considering the outcome in advance

so i should also assume that people in your region vote for ANP, PPP,MQM and IK based on ethnic affiliation..

PTI /PPP still get more seats in punjab compare to seats of PML N in KPK , Sindh and karachi so you are racist not us

Actually he does make sense. I understand it, since it is the norm in Jordan. The only thing most people consider upon election is tribalism without any consideration to the candidate integrity or agenda. I myself was picked up from my home to vote for my relative whom is known for being corrupted. There is no another explanation for Nawaz' victory.

If you conduct free and fair elections in Punjab again you will see where PMLN really stands. They TOTALLY have litered the bureaucracy of Punjab with stooges in last 35 years, allowing them to rig elections at will.

The man in the black suit is the real PM of Pakistan.

Senators+Observe+Pakistani+Elections+Xa0LX1TpzjMl.jpg

Back
Top Bottom