What's new

2012 - WORLD MILITARY RANKINGS

The fact that our army was isolated and surrounded by all sides.

Why don't you boast about Goa too and how you did a blitzkreig on Portugal. :D

And when you fought as equals, you got destroyed such as 1962 clash with China when India was totally and utterly defeated.

1962 was the weakest point of IA's post independence history..then on there was no looking back. Fact that Chinese never did any stupid since 1962 is a testament to that.

surprised no Vietnam which sound quite cocky around the forum.

We didn't

India lost 700 men while Pakistan hardly lost any.

then why arent they releasing the numbers like india did? why are they being withheld?
Look at any indo-pak conflict in the past, both wars and battles fought on even ground. tell me who lost more troops?

The fact that our army was isolated and surrounded by all sides.

Why don't you boast about Goa too and how you did a blitzkreig on Portugal. :D

according to sun tzu(art of war), your men fight the hardest when they are surrounded.
E.Pak was much more militarized than goa. it was much harder to capture.

And when you fought as equals, you got destroyed such as 1962 clash with China when India was totally and utterly defeated.

:lol: people make this mistake. its forgivable though

all they did in 62 was beat a small group of indian border gaurds who were armed with sticks and stones and ran away when the real counter attack came.

Then they fliched in the 87 rematch
http://www.defence.pk/forums/chinese-defence/167488-1986-how-india-china-almost-went-war.html

If GFP extended into a top 100, then hopefully you can see the rank of Vietnam.

If you cannot read any statement by the government or the military in Vietnam or at least from officials of Vietnam, then please dont conclude "they can wipe Taiwan and Singapore off the map and subjugate the Chinese Hoas". That is not the Vietnamese government's ideas and expectations of most Vietnamese.

Dont make others misunderstand that Singapore and Taiwan depend on the protection of Uncle Sam is because the threats from Vietnam.

Vietnam has never been stronger than China, but as you can see, we defeated them many times in the past to defend our country every times they had wanted to annex VN.

And an interesting thing, before the French invaded Vietnam in 1858, they had conducted a research Vietnam and concluded that "the Vietnamese dont know how to use guns, except some ethnic minority people in mountain areas". However, in 1858 coalition French-Spanish began opening fire attack Da Nang, they had to take 25 years to be able to invade entire Vietnam, but in the end we still won the French. Vietnamese army in 1954 with rudimentary equipment, but with special tactics, defeated the French at Dien Bien Phu, captured more than 11 thousand French soldiers, who were equipped to teeth and backed by the US...

Hey, I didn't say it. It was your compatriots who claimed Vietnam can destroy Taiwan easily and yet Taiwan ranks 14th.

In fact I'm on Vietnam's side. How can my country(41), a small city state, can rank high than Vietnam, a much bigger country. How about Philippines(23)? This survey is BS. Vietnam should rank in the low 30s, Philippines in the 40s and Singapore shouldn't ranked. Don't you think so?

1962 was the weakest point of IA's post independence history..then on there was no looking back. Fact that Chinese never did any stupid since 1962 is a testament to that.
Besides that the chinese militiary officials have themselves said that India is not enemy, means everything else is just media hype.:sniper:

i think this was no matching with Defense Budget list....:partay:

Hey, I didn't say it. It was your compatriots who claimed Vietnam can destroy Taiwan easily and yet Taiwan ranks 14th.

In fact I'm on Vietnam's side. How can my country(41), a small city state, can rank high than Vietnam, a much bigger country. How about Philippines(23)? This survey is BS. Vietnam should rank in the low 30s, Philippines in the 40s and Singapore shouldn't ranked. Don't you think so?

Its the other way round Singapore should be ranked at around mid 30 and philipines should not be ranked at all. Singapore's air force is quite comparable to that of pakistan and their navy is first class

Besides that the chinese militiary officials have themselves said that India is not enemy, means everything else is just media hype.:sniper:

more like PDF hype :D

Its the other way round Singapore should be ranked at around mid 30 and philipines should not be ranked at all. Singapore's air force is quite comparable to that of pakistan and their navy is first class

Being a small city state we have to be a little humble and modesty or else we make too many enemies.

I think correct ranking.
Pakistan at 15 without nuclear consideration.
Not bad place.
Just wondering about Saudi Arabia , Rich oil country, largest/quality air force in top 5 and still Ranking at 26.
I was expecting Saudi arabia in top 15.
India rank is also correct.
Turkey at 6. Wonderful position.
South Korea at 7th position and North korea is at 22 without considerations of nuclear weapon.

Overall correct ranking

Viet Nam is a dirt poor country and its ranks will be at very bottom list, but I still belief that will gives it cocky to any invader mouth that included yours country if give it a try.

I think correct ranking.
Pakistan at 15 without nuclear consideration.
Not bad place.
Just wondering about Saudi Arabia , Rich oil country, largest/quality air force in top 5 and still Ranking at 26.
I was expecting Saudi arabia in top 15.
India rank is also correct.
Turkey at 6. Wonderful position.
South Korea at 7th position and North korea is at 22 without considerations of nuclear weapon.

Overall correct ranking

why only KSA -AF? did u take into account its navy? or army? GFP did apparently. then there is also manpower. can u figure those rich shiekhs getting up and fighting? :lol:

There are lot of controversial ways to calculate a country's fire power, may be this is the least.

Singapore military power would place higher if its larger troops. On military equipment, Singapore owns the most modern equipment in ASEAN.

We dont query about the ranking. I think that GFP has its scientific basis.

Being a small city state we have to be a little humble and modesty or else we make too many enemies.

Dont worry, with your mighty army, plus the protection of Uncle Sam, I think no one wants to be an enemy of Singapore.

Usually, bullies often like bullying a weak country and/or no a military umbrella.

Not surprised, VN never in the rankings of GFP yet.
Try to win an invader, you will feel it's very great.

Nonsense rankings. The first six are definitely UN security council permanent members and Israel.
They have ranked India above France and Israel, whereas India mostly imports all its weapons and the makers are ranked below India.
Unbelievable.

India at number 4? :lol:

And the countries it imports weapons from are below them. You cant make this sh*t up.

India deserves the no. 4 place mate, the reason France & Israel are below India b'coz they have a low military power than India, this fact cannot be altered by another fact that India buy weapons from these countries. India also buys weapons from Switzerland, Ukraine or even Brazil, does that mean they are above India in military power, just look at some figures:

India has 750+ fighter jets whereas both France & Israel have around 300.

India has 1.3 million armed personnel whereas both France & Israel have around few lakhs.

India has 2nd largest army, 4th largest air force, 5th largest navy, 100+ nuclear weapons, nuclear capable missiles, large paramilitary force, 10th largest GDP, 8th largest military budget, etc...

So IMO 4th is a proper rank for India though i will not say that it is totally undisputed.

Back
Top Bottom