What's new

2011 World Military Strength Ranking released

Population does not matter. Pakistan's population is .18 billion but still behind taiwan and USA's population is 1/4 os china but who is ahead

You missed the point, a number of people here are of the view that this ranking is not entirely accurate as it divorces numbers from performance, experience and recent engagements.

Yes, in case of India, strength is classic idea & Pakistan needs quality than quantity.
Yes, quality does count. But when you compare India with Pakistan, what is the qualitative edge that you say it has over India? Is it in Aircraft? Missiles? Ships? small arms? Artillery? Industry? R&D? Can you please specify?

You missed the point, a number of people here are of the view that this ranking is not entirely accurate as it divorces numbers from performance, experience and recent engagements.

agree but there is no instrument to measure unlike the number

Yes, quality does count. But when you compare India with Pakistan, what is the qualitative edge that you say it has over India? Is it in Aircraft? Missiles? Ships? small arms? Artillery? Industry? R&D? Can you please specify?

You misunderstood him I believe..
his statement was not to declare qualitative strength.. rather promote it as a doctrine.

You misunderstood him I believe..
his statement was not to declare qualitative strength.. rather promote it as a doctrine.
My bad if I misunderstood him. Yes, quality and force multipliers would change the equation to quite a degree.

Cheers!

Population does not matter. Pakistan's population is .18 billion but still behind taiwan and USA's population is 1/4 os china but who is ahead
That is it these nation should work for their level.

India is definitely ahead of the UK.

The only area where the UK has the lead is in the Navy. India simply cannot match the UK's Astute SSN technology or it's Type-45 destroyers.

The Indian army will overwhelm the UK army in raw numbers and India's force of over 300+ fourth generation fighters will overwhelm the 100 or so typhoons the UK has.

I think there is a case for putting China second as I believe that the Chinese airforce currently is slightly better than the Russian one. China has a better army while Russia leads on the naval front.

Yes, in case of India, strength is classic idea & Pakistan needs quality than quantity.

but that went out almost a decade back . i will accept that in the late 90 s , Pakistan did have a qualitative edge. but that has been completely eroded . if we are to compare any weapon system in todays date , India has the clear advantage.

the only place you could have gotten a qualitative edge is by fielding US made weapons systems . thats not an option any more.

even iran, taiwaan are much stronger than pakistan a nuclear state WTH???

India is definitely ahead of the UK.

The only area where the UK has the lead is in the Navy. India simply cannot match the UK's Astute SSN technology or it's Type-45 destroyers.

The Indian army will overwhelm the UK army in raw numbers and India's force of over 300+ fourth generation fighters will overwhelm the 100 or so typhoons the UK has.

I think there is a case for putting China second as I believe that the Chinese airforce currently is slightly better than the Russian one. China has a better army while Russia leads on the naval front.

while that may be true . the fact is the we will be either on equal terms with the UK navy or at least a little ahead by the end of the decade. we will be able to field 3 AC groups while the British will be struggling to field just one.

while that may be true . the fact is the we will be either on equal terms with the UK navy or at least a little ahead by the end of the decade. we will be able to field 3 AC groups while the British will be struggling to field just one.

Astute SSNs will sink your aircraft carriers.

even iran, taiwaan are much stronger than pakistan a nuclear state WTH???

Same goes for NK also.... having nuclear weapon does not mean strength rather its an instrument for self destruction... besides the rating is based on conventional strength.

LOL.. ever heard of how an AC operates :) ??

Best way to hunt a sub is with another sub.

The Astute represents the pinnacle of SSN technology.

India ASW technology is not sufficient to effectively counter a submarine of this technology level.

Best way to hunt a sub is with another sub.

The Astute represents the pinnacle of SSN technology.

India ASW technology is not sufficient to effectively counter a submarine of this technology level.

We can trust Akula II, P-8I, etc.. on this... atlest.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom