What's new

2009 IRAN SANCTIONS:LOST OPPORTUNITY FOR PAKISTAN

Samlee

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Looking Back At 2009 The Then Zardari Government Had The Chance Of A Lifetime To Forever Free Pakistan From The Clutches of US and IMF.Owing To My Links I Had The Chance To Look At Some Really Important Documents.I Felt Like Banging My Head On A Wall:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:.What Iran Was Offering Was Practically A $10 Billion Facility.This Was More Than All US Aid Combined.Here Is Just A Small List

1.Iran Offered Electricity at Rs. 6-8 At A Time When Our Thermal Power Power Plants Were Costing Rs.22 per Unit.Not Only This Iran Said You Could Pay This In Rupees and Let Us Use This Money To Purchase Food Products.This Had Many Benefits For Pakistan
a)From 2009 to 2013 Pakistan Was Importing $10 to $15 Billion in Furnace Oil.If We Replaced Our Oil Fired Power Plants With Iranian Power.We Would Have Saved This Bill.This Would Have Easily Converted Our Current Account Deficit Into Surplus.Meaning No Need for IMF
b)Inspite of Importing Billions of Dollars Of Furnace Oil,We Were Still Enduring Load Shedding of Upto 8 to 20 Hours Severely Impacting Our Growth.Energy Is Bottleneck In Our Economy.If 24 Hour Electricity Was Made Available From Iran This Would Have Neutralised The Bottleneck
Our Growth Which Was 2-3% Would Have Become 6-7% Easily.
c)24 Hour Electricity Supply Would Have Meant Massive Increase in Exports

2.Because Of Sanctions Marine Insurance Companies Refused To Insure Ships Docking At Iranian Ports.Iran Requested That Ships Bound For Iran Would Stop At Gwadar And The Goods Be Then Transported To Iran(1.5 Hours Drive).This Would Have Started Up Gwadar Which Was Dormant At The Time

3.Due To Sanctions Iranian Banking System Was Cut Off From SWIFT.China Had To Pay Iran $25 to 30 Billion But Could Not Transfer Funds.So China Made Two Offers to Iran
a)China Will Make Payments On Iran's Behalf and Iran Could Purchase Food Products From Pakistan
b)Pakistan Banking System Was Linked To SWIFT.China Said That Iran Could Open Up An Account Through A Front Man.Pakistan Government Will Give Sovereign Guarantee on That Account.Iran Could Make Purchases and Settle Accounts Shipping Goods Via Gwadar.$25-30
Dollars In Pakistan's Banking System Would Mean $25 to 30 Billion Counted As Our Forex Reserves

4.Now This Is Where It Gets Exciting.
Iran Is Major Crude Oil Exporter.But Due To Obsolete Refineries They Have To Import Gasoline Diesel Petrochemicals etc.
What China Offered Iran Was To Set Up A Gigantic State of The Art Refinery.Iran Could Then Send It's Crude Via Pipeline and Take Back All The Gasoline and Other Products It Needs.In Lieu Of Payments Iran Would Agree To Give The Furnace Oil Produced.So Gwadar Would Get
Free of Cost Fuel Oil Which Would Be Offered at Deep Discount to Shipping Lines.Considering That Fuel Accounts For The Majority of Operational Cost of Ships.Just Imagine Shipping Industry of The World Would Relocate To Gwadar.
Secondly Due To Sanctions Iran Was Having Severe Oil Storage Problems.Sanctions Meant That There Was No One To Buy Oil and The Ones That Were(China and India) Did On Their Terms.China Offered Massive Oil Storage Facility in Gwadar.In Lieu of Rent,A Portion Of The Oil Would Be Given To Pakistan Free of Cost(I Can Explain This Last Point If Requested)I

This Meant We Would Have Enjoyed The Benefits of OPEC Country Without The Oil.It Would Have Helped Iran Neutralize Sanctions.Win Win For All:cheers::cheers:

@Shotgunner51 @AndrewJin @Sinopakfriend

@AZADPAKISTAN2009 @django @LadyFinger @Tipu7

@Viper0011. @LA se Karachi @mr42O @Akheilos @Kaptaan @Azlan Haider @fawad Masīd@waz@AsianUnion @Major Sam @Mentee @ito @Valkyrie @User @Hiptullha @Cornered Tiger@LeGenD @ISI. @MystryMan @New World @Meengla @ziaulislam @Rahil khan @HAKIKAT @RAMPAGE@Muhammad Omar @haviZsultan @dexter @Areesh @Zibago @Moonlight @The Sandman

@django @Zibago @The Sandman @Hell hound @The Eagle

one need brain for thinking sir . while zardari was hiding in house and scared of BB murder case . he was thinking abut himself all those 5 years as now nawaz thinking abut saving his money and family . in pakistan opposition did not let any gov to work . our political culture is old like stone age .

you need bold leadership for completing such initiatives. unfortunately, Pakistan has never had a very bold and forward thinking leaders, and this is counting both civil and military. In 2009, Zardari was more interested in looting whatever resources the country had that doing anything good for the country. Hence, we have another missed opportunity like countless before it.

you need bold leadership for completing such initiatives. unfortunately, Pakistan has never had a very bold and forward thinking leaders, and this is counting both civil and military. In 2009, Zardari was more interested in looting whatever resources the country had that doing anything good for the country. Hence, we have another missed opportunity like countless before it.

When The Properties and Business Interests of Your Leaders Are In USA What Can You Expect.Can You Expect Them To Go Against USA Even If It's In The Best Interest Of Your Country

I think gas is cheaper and more environment friendly . right now Iran produce about 60% of its electricity with gas turbines and selling to us at price of .02 USD per kilowatt-hour ( 72 toman or 720 rial )
electricity price starting from .02 $ to .14 $
635613308079748211.jpg

personally I think it was bad decision from Pakistan to postpone IP project

I think gas is cheaper and more environment friendly . right now Iran produce about 60% of its electricity with gas turbines and selling to us at price of .02 USD per kilowatt-hour ( 72 toman or 720 rial )
electricity price starting from .02 $ to .14 $
635613308079748211.jpg

personally I think it was bad decision from Pakistan to postpone IP project

In 2009 Pakistan and Iran Were A Match Made In Heaven.Iran Was Energy Surplus But Financially Cut Off Pakistan Was Linked Globally But Desperately Needed Energy

When The Properties and Business Interests of Your Leaders Are In USA What Can You Expect.Can You Expect Them To Go Against USA Even If It's In The Best Interest Of Your Country
even if their business interests do not lie their, they will always tow uncle Sam's line. The US has various ways to ensure that its interests are followed and you would find that even the most sincere leaders will have difficulty in standing up to the US. Case in point, the CIA sponsored regime change in Iran in 1959. Whosoever is in power in our country need to be on the good side of the US as they fear the same will happen to them.

this is exactly Iran-Turkey relationship in political and regional matters between us but no matter what happens economic relations keep going forward !
sinus-funktion.jpg

This Meant We Would Have Enjoyed The Benefits of OPEC Country Without The Oil.It Would Have Helped Iran Neutralize Sanctions.Win Win For All:cheers::cheers:
For this we needed a "Visionary Leader" my friend those who thinks for the next generation and not the next election thugs like NS, Zardari only thinks how much $$$ they can make before the end of their terms how can you even think that a thug like zardari would do something like this? calling him and NS a politician will be an insult to the word politician imo the last great leader Pakistan had after Baba-e-Qoum was Ayub who truly was a leader now we just have a tola of corrupt thugs tho IK is obviously an exception. But nice job in your OP brother. :tup::tup: and thanks for the tag.

For this we needed a "Visionary Leader" my friend those who thinks for the next generation and not the next election thugs like NS, Zardari only thinks how much $$$ they can make before the end of their terms how can you even think that a thug like zardari would do something like this? calling him and NS a politician will be an insult to the word politician imo the last great leader Pakistan had after Baba-e-Qoum was Ayub who truly was a leader now we just have a tola of corrupt thugs tho IK is obviously an exception. But nice job in your OP brother. :tup::tup: and thanks for the tag.

Thanx Man Anytime I Have So Much To Share But Koi Lift Nahi Karata.I Need To Tag As Many People As Possible.
I Will Try To Create More Threads About Pakistan's Economic Potential In The Future(What If I Told You About District Chagai Three Dozen Reko Diqs Exist No I Am Not Joking This Is True I Will Explain In The Near Future)

IK Is A Good Man But PTI Has Become A Party of Opportunists and I Don't Like It I Have Been Begging Some Of My PTI Friends To Lobby KPK Government To Do Detailed Survey of The North Area Chitral to Hazara There Is A Massive Treasure Waiting To Be Unearthed.You Will Forget Reko Diq.If You Have Any Contacts Can You Do This????

Thanx Man Anytime I Have So Much To Share But Koi Lift Nahi Karata.
Haha i know that feeling yr
What If I Told You About District Chagai Three Dozen Reko Diqs Exist No I Am Not Joking This Is True I Will Explain In The Near Future
Now that's a great news!!
IK Is A Good Man But PTI Has Become A Party of Opportunists and I Don't Like It
I can understand what you're saying but i have hopes from IK tho PTI now have kachra of pee pee pee but kya karein akhri umeed bhi to filhaal wohi hai :/
PTI Friends To Lobby KPK Government To Do Detailed Survey of The North Area Chitral to Hazara There Is A Massive Treasure Waiting To Be Unearthed.You Will Forget Reko Diq.If You Have Any Contacts Can You Do This????
Nah man i don't but @Arsalan @Imad.Khan @PakSword can you guys do something in this?

to capitalise on things like these you need people who are loyal to their country and people... otherwise my friend forget about it and continue bashing your head against a wall :hitwall:

Eversince I Read This OP of Samlee Bhai Even I Feel Like Banging My Head On The Wall.:hitwall::hitwall::cry::cry:

I can only contact UAE uhdedaaraan.. Anyone in KPK, who also have contacts with IK may do something.

Please Do It Samlee Bhai Is Right Geology Reports of Chitral,Hazara and Kohistan Are Really Exciting.Maybe Post This Request On PTI Official Site Or On Twitter Accounts of PTI Leaders Someone Should Notice.

And I Say Do The Survey For Entire KPK.If We Give It To Some Multinational They Will Deceive Us Like TCC Did In Reko Diq A Great Idea Would Be To Bring Overseas Pakistanis To Help

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom