What's new

20-yr-old held for forwarding hate SMS

Comparing what is written in this fora to circulating mass SMS among locals who know each other and can immediately spring into action are two different things. Think about it.

I dont even know who you are, what is your name, where you are from or anything. If I read what you write, the most I will do is reply back and that is it. It will be forgotten. But not in the case of SMS. There the people know each other, they are from the same neighbourhood and if a dozen can join then it becomes a law and order problem soon. And Coimbatore is a bit polarized city and things can rapidly degenerate. The cause for the 98 riots was a simple stabbing of a Hindu policeman by 4 drunk youth.

Helo coconut, if sending cloths and other essential utilities to people in relief camps is 'inciting them to fight against each other', then what it is ? This razakar pig is guilty of the same thing and much more.

7711572628_fc2405fb29.jpg
that man in the middle is a communal one.he said in the parliament that if unrest in assam continue then more radicalism will be born. i wonder why didnt any MPs say in reply 'let them be radicals and terrorists , we will shoot them'

only for u rss is like that.. rss is a great and peaceful org.

He and his variety are just concerned because if such an organization becomes the theme of modern India, his country would be in deep trouble. :D

that man in the middle is a communal one.he said in the parliament that if unrest in assam continue then more radicalism will be born. i wonder why didnt any MPs say in reply 'let them be radicals and terrorists , we will shoot them'

Because this razakar hold their votebank by their nuts. That's why.

Helo coconut, if sending cloths and other essential utilities to people in relief camps is 'inciting them to fight against each other', then what it is ? This razakar pig is guilty of the same thing and much more.

7711572628_fc2405fb29.jpg

helo elichi powder:lol:

nobody is having a problem with sending food and clothing, we were talking of distribution of hate and siding with the killers(bodo tribe)

when the details of the 2011 census reveal that 11 of the 27 districts of Assam now have a Muslim majority this was not going down well with the terrorist organizations of india so they decided to kill Muslims.

"Rehana Bibi, 63, threw herself at the feet of India's ruling Congress chief Sonia Gandhi, weeping profusely for her son who was killed in the ethnic riots between Muslims and Bodo tribes people that have rocked India's northeastern state of Assam since late July."
Assam violence reverberates across India - Features - Al Jazeera English

only for u rss is like that.. rss is a great and peaceful org.

i guess this is nothing new in killing muslims in india..............

Tehelka - India's Independent Weekly News Magazine

I agree that writing here is not the same as sending an SMS to a known person.

Precisely the point.

However, it _is_ comparable to writing a blog, or posting on facebook or twitter. Do you know how many thousands of times google, facebook and twitter comply with law enforcement in the US?

The most they do is delete the content and block the user.

The most they do is delete the content and block the user.

Wrong.

They remove the content from public display, but it remains available for use as evidence in a trial.

Anyway, no point belaboring the issue. People who don't believe it, or believe in anonymity, do so at their peril.

nobody is having a problem with sending food and clothing, we were talking of distribution of hate and siding with the killers(bodo tribe)

Bodos are the natives of the land and no one takes kindly to thier land being occupied by illegal immigrants and threatening them on their own turf. My full support to the Bodos there in their fight with the illegal Bangladeshis. Hope all the native Assamese and every patriotic Indian join hands against the common foe.

Also stop your propaganda about Bodos being the aggressors. The current bout of violence was started by the killing of some Bodo youth by illegal settlers. The illegal BD settlers are as much indulging in violence as the Bodos.

i guess this is nothing new in killing muslims in india..............

Yeah right. Dont tell me these 'Assamese Muslims' are actually Hindus in disguise.

Assam Muslims blame perfume baron for unrest - Hindustan Times

The native Assamese muslims hate the illegal Bangladeshis as much as the Bodos and have sided with the Bodos in their just cause. But I doubt your brainwashed madarsah mind will be able to see it.

He probably has forgotten what the Indian Army did in Hyderabad the last time these Razakar goons took arms against India. ;)

Wrong.

They remove the content from public display, but it remains available for use as evidence in a trial.

Anyway, no point belaboring the issue. People who don't believe it, or believe in anonymity, do so at their peril.

Hating someone is not illegal. And saying that too isnt. Only inciting for violence or killing openly is.

Laws are always generic in nature never specific . So leave it to the jurisprudent of the judge to decide the culpability of the accused.

The threat perception between writing a hate speech however vulgar on a internet chat forum and spreading vicious rumors and sending warning SMS that could potentially endanger lives and national security is incomparable , the same between firing in an open filed and firing in a security zone. Charges pressed would be vary depending on the seriousness of the situation.

Frankly that defence wouldn't fly & while this is theoretical, there is a law specifically targeting "anonymous" posters on internet forums. The law has been sparingly used but has been enforced a few times. Anyone caught on the wrong side of this law is undoubtedly unlucky but it can happen. There are any number of ways that this can happen including by action from the judiciary either independently or in response to a complaint. A copy of abusive posts might & can be a trigger. More serious stuff happens in the passing of sms's & mms's than what this man now in custody did. This chap was unlucky to be in a position where the police are under pressure to produce results. The chap did break the law and probably had no idea of the impact of his actions(actually nobody could have predicted that extreme panic) but he is still technically in breach. His offense, in normal circumstances, would not have warranted a second look but in the present situation, he is quite clearly one of the culprits. The same with the internet forums. The law is clear, you are responsible for whatever you post, just like you would be responsible if you wrote in a newspaper, pamphlet or mouthed your thoughts in a video/tv. The law could not be clearer, ignorance of the same cannot be used as an excuse.

I'll repeat, hating some one is NOT illegal and saying that you hate too isn't illegal. That comes under freedom of speech. But openly inciting violence through doctored images is illegal. And no, I dont agree that random posts on an anonymous fora, which might be in theoretical breach of law,can cause any actual trouble on the ground. I have given my reason why.

If the police are to keep apprehending every poster who writes such "I hate XYZ" stuff on internet then there must be a parallel police dept in India.

Also the chap was not unlucky. Things like these routinely happen here. About 6 months before a provocative poster appeared in some parts under the Avinashi flyover and in parts of Ukkadam. It was a completely random incident but still the police did not waste time in investigating and apprehending the culprit. These things are taken very seriously here. The general situation after the 98 riots is such.

Police is very sensitive in Coimbatore about communal riots since early 1990s. I think he is just an innocent pawn. Makes me wonder why the law of the land is not yet applied to the Maulvi who instigated violence in UP?

Half the Indians on Def.pk would be guilty by that measure.

Should the admins give GOI the details of all the Indians who have advocated "extreme measures" against Indian Muslims?

Interesting point you raise.

Most of these mor%ns are rooting for thousands of fellow Indian Muslim dead bodies.

I am sure a few here would be more than happy to join the party if riot comes to town.

any thing done by minorities is considered a crime in secular india thts the standard law it seems...

soo those who are killing them are not criminals but an innocent guy who just sent msgs made the so called police active wow....
It's still better than a minorities are suppressed on daily basis by mullahs.

sending bulk sms is banned in mumbai. Not more than 5 msgs are allowed.. I dnt know about rest of country though same situation is in delhi also i guess

1 point I want to ask from Pakistani posters specifically. It is established that that Bodos are original native of that area while others are settlers. Can anyone of you make guess from where did they(Bengali speaking Muslims) came & settled there(ongoing process)? Please be specific. Others please avoid the question.

1 point I want to ask from Pakistani posters specifically. It is established that that Bodos are original native of that area while others are settlers. Can anyone of you make guess from where did they(Bengali speaking Muslims) came & settled there(ongoing process)? Please be specific. Others please avoid the question.

What makes you think PK poster can answer this correctly and why the question is PK specific only?

Back
Top Bottom