What's new

20,000 Muslims killed in Burma by police

the OIC is toothess, as is UNSC

aung san suu kyi has all of a sudden this year become such a darling of western media...kind of like a benazir bhutto of myanmar kind of thing... i hope she will be more vocal on this issue

People should not be posting false pictures.

There...Easy and simple. This is what I want. No fake propaganda pics dehumanising the real troubles the Rohingyas are going through.

So you say borders are sealed, people are not allowed to use mobile phones or camcorders, no internet..so may I ask how do you how many people have been killed there ?

There...Easy and simple. This is what I want. No fake propaganda pics dehumanising the real troubles the Rohingyas are going through.

So you say borders are sealed, people are not allowed to use mobile phones or camcorders, no internet..so may I ask how do you how many people have been killed there ?

How do you know 20,000 people have not been killed? Is the area open for others to see? Do you support their sealing off the affected area? Or is this Internet Hindu logic?

I think this should not be seen as a religion issue - more of a ethnic issue. I understand Bangladesh cannot take more of the refugees, it's like giving a bloated kid a 50 pound cake. I think UN would not do anything about it because China would veto it, and there is no Ummah, it basically just depends on Pakistan and BD, as those are the only two nations that can really help. Unfortunately, Pakistan is not at a state at which it can help, and adding more population to BD is asking for suicide.

How do you know 20,000 people have not been killed? Is the area open for others to see? Do you support their sealing off the affected area? Or is this Internet Hindu logic?

That is not my concern. The burden of proof lies with the accuser -in this case you- and not the skeptic -me-. Or do the cyber-jehadis think different ?

Agreed.

aung san suu kyi has all of a sudden this year become such a darling of western media...kind of like a benazir bhutto of myanmar kind of thing... i hope she will be more vocal on this issue

She won't say a word. If she does, she'll follow the same fate as her father. Only this time, she'll be gunned down by the very supporters who helped her get to where she is now.

I'm telling ya, those people are still pretty much living in the stone age mentality. Thanks to years of sanctions, isolation, unemployment and poverty.

And what's more, the Burmans have always dreamt of a pure Buddhist and Burman nation. Obviously, that is failing considering the number of enemies they have made.

I think you get the picture.

The woman is nothing more than a drama queen.

I think this should not be seen as a religion issue - more of a ethnic issue. I understand Bangladesh cannot take more of the refugees, it's like giving a bloated kid a 50 pound cake. I think UN would not do anything about it because China would veto it, and there is no Ummah, it basically just depends on Pakistan and BD, as those are the only two nations that can really help. Unfortunately, Pakistan is not at a state at which it can help, and adding more population to BD is asking for suicide.

That's unlikely.

The US based companies have their crosshairs set on Myanmar's vast untapped resources.

Although, the US government still has an "insurance policy" on the matter of Myanmar.

Agreed.

She won't say a word. If she does, she'll follow the same fate as her father. Only this time, she'll be gunned down by the very supporters who helped her get to where she is now.

I'm telling ya, those people are still pretty much living in the stone age mentality. Thanks to years of sanctions, isolation, unemployment and poverty.

And what's more, the Burmans have always dreamt of a pure Buddhist and Burman nation. Obviously, that is failing considering the number of enemies they have made.

I think you get the picture.

China won't do anything.

China is not a passive observer, it has a lot at stake. I posted an op ed by a Burmese that claimed that there is 4-7 million Chinese migrants in Northern Burma, many even became local state officials. The Burmese Army cannot pick on the Chinese migrants and are afraid to touch them, so they are taking it out on poor hapless Rohingya's.

He suggested that Chinese migrant population and Rohingya population should be swapped so new Chinese migrants could be easy to spot.

I think China, Thailand and Bangladesh should support the internal insurgents and defeat the Burman army, so they can retreat into a small land locked area, their traditional homeland in middle Burma away from coast or any international border. This way this Burman/Bamar nuisance can be removed from the world stage and rendered to irrelevance.

Or may be we have to wait till enough Chinese migrants go in there to destabilize the Burmans and take over the land, together with the other oppressed minorities.

she is a politician and politicians tend to lean to the common sentiments of public which are very much known to us.

Bigger Quesition... Where is UMMAH????

Waiting for their american masters order

That is not my concern. The burden of proof lies with the accuser -in this case you- and not the skeptic -me-. Or do the cyber-jehadis think different ?

Yes, we thought so, Muslims life, safety and well being is none of Internet Hindu's concern. When it comes to Muslims, logic goes out the window.

Burden of proof lies with people who seal off their land to outside neutral observers.

China is not a passive observer, it has a lot at stake. I posted an op ed by a Burmese that claimed that there is 4-7 million Chinese migrants in Northern Burma, many even became local state officials. The Burmese Army cannot pick on the Chinese migrants and are afraid to touch them, so they are taking it out on poor hapless Rohingya's.

Many Burmese hate Chinese. That's a fact.

He suggested that Chinese migrant population and Rohingya population should be swapped so new Chinese migrants could be easy to spot.

And just where would this Rohingya population would go? No way Bangladesh can economically accommodate all of them. The current ones are enough already.

I think China, Thailand and Bangladesh should support the internal insurgents and defeat the Burman army, so they can retreat into a small land locked area, their traditional homeland in middle Burma away from coast or any international border. This way this Burman/Bamar nuisance can be removed from the world stage and rendered to irrelevance.

Or may be we have to wait till enough Chinese migrants go in there to destabilize the Burmans and take over the land, together with the other oppressed minorities.

Don't know about China and Thailand, but Bangladesh does not have the necessary military, economic and political clout to pull off that kind of stunt. We are inherently a dependent nation on......everything. And it is going to be that way for a long time.

The best now is to see what the US does. And for Bangladesh to follow the norms of International Law, just like the sea verdict. And make everyone in the international community understand our concerns and limitations. Things may look better after the current Bangladeshi government is gone.

If the Burmese threaten/attack us, it is their loss.

More than 20,000 Muslims are killed this month in Burma (Mayanmar) by police, army and Buddhist extremists.Now whr is f***** UN????

Whr is America????
Whr is media????

Only U.S is doing something though many countries from Asia have turned a blind eye to these unfortunate people's problems. Here it is.

1. $3 million aid announced by U.S for the affected regions. - a debt ridden U.S is providing $3 million aid - what about other countries? Especially rich middle-east countries and China who is sitting on surplus foreign reserves and the powerful player in Myanmar politics? Why only US?
2. Clinton brought up Rohingyas issue with Thein Sein on the sidelines of ASEAN meet recently.
3. US state department has called on Myanmar to settle the Rohingyas issue.

But do you realise that U.S hands are tied due to the politics between China/US?

And just where would this Rohingya population would go? No way Bangladesh can economically accommodate all of them. The current ones are enough already.

Don't know about China and Thailand, but Bangladesh does not have the necessary military, economic and political clout to pull off that kind of stunt. We are inherently a dependent nation on......everything. And it is going to be that way for a long time.

The best now is to see what the US does. And for Bangladesh to follow the norms of International Law, just like the sea verdict. And make everyone in the international community understand our concerns and limitations. Things may look better after the current Bangladeshi government is gone.

If the Burmese threaten/attack us, it is their loss.

The swap this guy talked about was between two different areas of Burma, where the Chinese migrants will be brought near Bangladesh border and Rohingya will be taken near Chinese border. I see fat chance of this happening, as Burmese army are scared of the Chinese. This was not about Bangladesh accepting more Rohingya's.

Bangladesh would only join in, if there is initiative by China and Thailand to help the other minorities.

I think this democracy move and freeing Suu Kyi was a desperate move by Burmese Junta to get a life line from the West, so it does not get inundated by Chinese migrants and eventually loose control of Burma. Once they get sufficient alliance and strength with an economic life line with the US/West/Japan/Korea, they will turn their gun on the Chinese and try to drive out Chinese migrants. This would be my guess based on Burma's history of anti-Chinese and anti-Indian riots. I think they are fighting for their survival and catching at straws.

China's predominance in Burma will be good for Bangladesh, as well as ASEAN, I believe, as these Burman's have caused nothing but trouble for this region, since its independence in 1947.

OK folks, no more fake pictures and video's, we got authentic stuff from Aljazeera and this video sums up the whole situation. Rohingya rep there claimed briefly that 30,000 people were killed (if I heard right). It also includes most of the authentic clips I have found in youtube. About effing Hasina pushing people back out to sea, all I can say is that her family has been a curse on our land and I will rejoice the day she takes leave of this world:

Inside Story - Why is the world ignoring Myanmar's Rohingya? - YouTube

More sources of video and information:
Bolu266 - YouTube

Warning: sounds like a jihadi video, but has authentic interviews of affected people with Arabic subtitles
Rohingya Refugee with interview by Bolu Finland - YouTube

Pakistani video with Michael Jackson song: They don't really care about us
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apRwntuT4m8

Protest by Charity: Restless
Restless Beings: Love, Light and Lollipops
Stateless Rohingya | Restless Beings
Voice the Rohingya - Restless beings protest - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom