What's new

19 Places Every Muslim Must Visit in India

Only the PDF ones.

Out and about in real India they're doing just fine, thriving even.

I know the upper crust ones are. I have many Shia friends. Many can easily pass off as Parsis. Both the uncles and the aunties. Taste. Class. Food. Dressing. Homes. Clubs. Paintings. Literature. Arts. Horses.

But let's face it man. 200 million are not them.

Cheers, Doc

I know the upper crust ones are. I have many Shia friends. Many can easily pass off as Parsis. Both the uncles and the aunties. Taste. Class. Food. Dressing. Homes. Clubs. Paintings. Literature. Arts. Horses.

But let's face it man. 200 million are not them.

Cheers, Doc
lol @ "Many can easily pass off as Parsis." :lol:

I happen to know a few upper crusties too, both Shia and Sunni (that divide is pretty real)

get what you're saying but even regular everyday ones, at least the ones you see in big urban centers like dilli, banglore etc appear to be doing just fine for the most part, or at the very least.. it's not nearly as bad as this forum would have you believe.

Only the PDF ones.

Out and about in real India they're doing just fine, thriving even.

Only a small percentile of Muslims are thriving in India, 6%-8% plus/minus...a large part of them finds it difficult to eke out a living.

And with the Hindutva renaissance and hatred they find the task more difficult and hopeless.

A large proportion of Muslims are below the poverty line, or just at the periphery, they live in ghettos, runs small puncture shops, small stores, sabzi walas, uneducated lot, can't find good jobs as they can't get good education, it is a vicious cycle.

Yes the sarkari Muslims lives in good localities and with better lifestyle...

Actually Pakistanis knows India inside out...so it is almost impossible to fake things up here.

That earlier pictures of Mughal period icons with Muslim heydays and rule doesn't show the current picture of Muslim subjugation, demonizing and oppression.

Yes India was a heaven for Muslims and others...a case of paradise lost.

Last edited:
lol @ "Many can easily pass off as Parsis." :lol:

I happen to know a few upper crusties too, both Shia and Sunni (that divide is pretty real)

get what you're saying but even regular everyday ones, at least the ones you see in big urban centers like dilli, banglore etc appear to be doing just fine for the most part, or at the very least.. it's not nearly as bad as this forum would have you believe.

Absolutely.

They've gone quiet though. On WhatsApp.

I think the genocide that never came has thrown many off their narratives.

Cheers, Doc

Absolutely.

They've gone quiet though. On WhatsApp.

I think the genocide that never came has thrown many off their narratives.

Cheers, Doc
not part of any whatsapp group. Heard about the IT cell ones and someone will randomly forward me some stuff from there. What did the mullah ones look like ?

Only a small percentile of Muslims are thriving in India, 6%-8% plus/minus...a large part of them finds it difficult to eke out a living.

And with the Hindutva renaissance and hatred they find the task more difficult and hopeless.

A large proportion of Muslims are below the poverty line, or just at the periphery, they lives in ghettos, runs small puncture shops, small stores, sabzi walas, uneducated lot, can't find good jobs as they can't get good education, it is a vicious cycle.

Yes the sarkari Muslims lives in good localities and with better lifestyle...

Actually Pakistanis knows India inside out...so it is almost impossible to fake things up here.

That earlier pictures of Mughal period icons with Muslim heydays and rule doesn't show the current picture of Muslim subjugation, demonizing and oppression.

Yes India was a heaven for Muslims and others...a case of paradise lost.
been that way since partition, black wizard Modi didn't just wave a wand and make everything bad in a few years.

my point remains, they're not doing too badly, spl in the bigger cities, can't speak of small town heartland.

for every poor Muslim there's probably 3 poor uneducated Hindus or others running similar sabzi wagons, roadside mechanic joints and the sort.. they don't live in the nicest neighbourhoods either.

been that way since partition, black wizard Modi didn't just wave a wand and make everything bad in a few years.

There is a big change, not for the better for Muslims with Modi and the BJP at the center...

Now it is different how a large part of majority religion people see Muslims...with indoctrination from Sanghis, they see Muslims as aggressors, invaders and Jihadis, earlier what is called as appeasement was the right thing as minorities do need some perk and privileges, now they are alienated and at the fringe, not the rich class though.

The new normal has also led to Muslims view of India changed, again not for the better, they find themselves not owing the land and country, perceived as tenants and not loyal to India, which is not true...again this is a generalized view, there must be exceptions.

Last edited:
Cheraman Juma Mosque, Thrissur
Cheraman-Juma-Mosque.jpeg

Probably the oldest mosque in the country, the Cheraman Juma Masjid is said to have been built in 629 AD and then was rebuilt in the 11th century AD. The mosque takes one back in the glorious years of Islam in India and of course help in acheiving inner peace and tranquility. It was built on a place rewarded by the last Chera ruler who upon witnessing a miraculous phenomenon, travelled to Mecca and adopted Islam. The mosque is built in a distinctive meld of Dutch-Kerala and Hindu architectural styles.
The old mosque was build like that. New one is like any other Masjid.

aaw.jpg

not part of any whatsapp group. Heard about the IT cell ones and someone will randomly forward me some stuff from there. What did the mullah ones look like ?

my point remains, they're not doing too badly, spl in the bigger cities, can't speak of small town heartland.

for every poor Muslim there's probably 3 poor uneducated Hindus or others running similar sabzi wagons, roadside mechanic joints and the sort.. they don't live in the nicest neighbourhoods either.

It's a class thing. And it cuts across faiths. The Pakistanis largely do not get it, hobbled as they are by the lack of diversity of faiths and thoughts in their own society. Or maybe it suits them not to. Can't really speak for them.

No groups man. Where's the time? Speaking about friends.

Cheers, Doc

@N.Siddiqui bro, most punturewallas in India tend to be annas from the south. Yes Muslims are there too.

Personally I do not see any shame in any line of work. Especially darzis, hajams, and mechanics.

My personal favourite in all three of these are Muslims. Umar (and now Jaffer bhai), Mamu, and Cut in Time (I'll ask him his name after the pandemic .... growing my hair like a hippie right now).

Trust me, it's in their hands.

Cheers, Doc

India should think seriously about attracting world Muslim tourism. Big bucks and good soft power or at the same time.

Good idea. Such tourism should not be limited to Taj Mahal. I am sure there will be a substantial number for off-the-beaten path ( for foreigners ) for places like Haji Ali.

It is obvious that India is one of the 4 main poles of global Islam.

Which are the current three ( other than Makkah / Madina ) ?

Good idea. Such tourism should not be limited to Taj Mahal. I am sure there will be a substantial number for off-the-beaten path ( for foreigners ) for places like Haji Ali.

Which are the current three ( other than Makkah / Madina ) ?

Dude you are really a southie frog in the well if you believe Haji Ali in the center of the most expensive real estate on the planet is "off the beaten path" :)

@King Julien

Saudi, Iran (including Iraq), Turkey, India.

Cheers, Doc

There is a big change, not for the better for Muslims with Modi and the BJP at the center...

Now it is different how a large part of majority religion people sees Muslims...with indoctrination from Sanghis, they see Muslims as aggressors, invaders and Jihadis, earlier what is called as appeasement was the right thing as minorities do need some perk and privileges, now they are alienated and at the fringe, not the rich class though.

The new normal has also led to Muslims view of India changed, again not for the better, they find themselves not owing the land and country, perceived as tenants and not loyal to India, which is not true...again this is a generalized view, there must be exceptions.

Most visibly on some of these mainstream news channels... it is not in good taste, some of the screaming that goes down on there. It's also mostly to keep the hardcore Hindutva base fired up, but who are in reality a much smaller group than one might think.

There is also a peace loving non hateful majority of softcore "hindutva", our sufi version lol of Modi voters and people. Not all black and white, nothing in the world is. What they have accomplished is to shift the Overton window to the right, this sometimes manifests in ugly ways such as little kids calling other little kids "pakistani", some weirdness in some office spaces. Most regrettable, but society at large remains largely genuinely polite and good, the way it's been since independence.

I agree with treating minorities fairly, a bit of affirmative action is fine too but let us not go overboard with it, that only hurts the country. At the same time, the left wing hate for all things "Hindu" is also real, this is what the hardcore feed of off. The entire political discourse just makes one's brain explode if you get too caught up in it.

The BJP is a centre right party, not far right or anything crazy. Mr Modi is an out and out capitalist, that is his world view as PM (not going to deep dive into all the policy matters but that is who he is, it's super obvious to anyone who gives a real dekko into what he's been up to)

Here's a fun one to end on a lighter note.. so this Shia aunty, old friends of the family.. deep interior heartland ke once-upon-a-time nobility (nawabi) background waaley log.. her mum apparently was one of 11 or something from the nawab's wifey harem garage thing way back in the day :lol:

In the early days of the covid thing (March?) at a random chai samosa get together, this very elegant lady went completely ballistic at the tableeghi jamaat "spreading the virus".. "those damn Sunnis hate this country" etc.. rest of us kafirs didn't dare utter a word of course lol

Don't worry about Indian Muslims.

Also, please consider visiting and see for yourself sometime.

@jamahir @xeuss @Naofumi @The_Showstopper

@masterchief_mirza

Srinagar is NOT India.

And you forgot Babri Mosque. That is the most famous Muslim site in India.

Most visibly on some of these mainstream news channels... it is not in good taste, some of the screaming that goes down on there. It's also mostly to keep the hardcore Hindutva base fired up, but who are in reality a much smaller group than one might think.

There is also a peace loving non hateful majority of softcore "hindutva", our sufi version lol of Modi voters and people. Not all black and white, nothing in the world is. What they have accomplished is to shift the Overton window to the right, this sometimes manifests in ugly ways such as little kids calling other little kids "pakistani", some weirdness in some office spaces. Most regrettable, but society at large remains largely genuinely polite and good, the way it's been since independence.

I agree with treating minorities fairly, a bit of affirmative action is fine too but let us not go overboard with it, that only hurts the country. At the same time, the left wing hate for all things "Hindu" is also real, this is what the hardcore feed of off. The entire political discourse just makes one's brain explode if you get too caught up in it.

The BJP is a centre right party, not far right or anything crazy. Mr Modi is an out and out capitalist, that is his world view as PM (not going to deep dive into all the policy matters but that is who he is, it's super obvious to anyone who gives a real dekko into what he's been up to)

Here's a fun one to end on a lighter note.. so this Shia aunty, old friends of the family.. deep interior heartland ke once-upon-a-time nobility (nawabi) background waaley log.. her mum apparently was one of 11 or something from the nawab's wifey harem garage thing way back in the day :lol:

In the early days of the covid thing (March?) at a random chai samosa get together, this very elegant lady went completely ballistic at the tableeghi jamaat "spreading the virus".. "those damn Sunnis hate this country" etc.. rest of us kafirs didn't dare utter a word of course lol

Don't worry about Indian Muslims.

Also, please consider visiting and see for yourself sometime.

@jamahir @xeuss @Naofumi @The_Showstopper

@masterchief_mirza

Super post.

You and I have probably got an overlap in the aunties we hang out with. Lol :lol:

My dad's family is from Kanpur, with continuing deep links in Lucknow.

Cheers, Doc

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom