What's new

19 Places Every Muslim Must Visit in India

"There is NOTHING Indian about the architecture. Irony?!!!"
@padamchen
This is the fundamental problem. Those mughals and their descendants who built India will never be regarded as having constructed something "Indian", while those who came from the loins of Aryan invaders will. It's a total contradiction, that can only be resolved by the ridiculous "out of India" theory.

According to "out of India" doc, I don't see how you can claim a grain of sand west of the Indus btw. You're stuck where you are.
All those who came to india and settled here are part of our heritage and bonafied indians , english came to india ruled it returned to england so they are not indian .

"There is NOTHING Indian about the architecture. Irony?!!!"
@padamchen
This is the fundamental problem. Those mughals and their descendants who built India will never be regarded as having constructed something "Indian", while those who came from the loins of Aryan invaders will. It's a total contradiction, that can only be resolved by the ridiculous "out of India" theory.

According to "out of India" doc, I don't see how you can claim a grain of sand west of the Indus btw. You're stuck where you are.

Will reply. Sticky n wet after my workout ...

Cheers, Doc

All those who came to india and settled here are part of our heritage and bonafied indians , english came to india ruled it returned to england so they are not indian .

Will include this point in my reply. There's a Latin term for it. Son of the soil by residence.

Cheers, Doc

....clearly, my beef isn't with you.

Your beef isn't with me either.

You want to debate. But you have a reputation to protect among your more hard-line compatriots here. And you need to fit into the current PDF genre of hostility and barely there tolerance.

@El Sidd is a case in point. His move from Germania to confused AngloFrancasia has heralded in a hitherto unseen sullenness, dourness and dare I say uncharacteristic kattarness.

Cheers, Doc

Mughals settled in India. There are no Mughals outside Subcontinent. Mughals are Indians.
In our western part of uttar pradesh ie UP you will find villages full of muslims from mughal stock , meerut , muzaffarnagar , saharanpur ,moradabad ,are full of moghul stock.
Hyderabad nizams were mughal.

Your beef isn't with me either.

You want to debate. But you have a reputation to protect among your more hard-line compatriots here. And you need to fit into the current PDF genre of hostility and barely there tolerance.

@El Sidd is a case in point. His move from Germania to confused AngloFrancasia has heralded in a hitherto unseen sullenness, dourness and dare I say uncharacteristic kattarness.

Cheers, Doc
You got off the treadmill to divulge this nugget of wisdom?

Your personal trainer must be even more disappointed than I am.

I have moved on to four wheelers now.:-)
good, your next step should be to move on further to being a rider proper rather than a 100cc commuter bike slave who thinks 75/km is the best feature of a two wheeler.

All pictures posted in this thread so far are structures that were constructed during Muslim rule.

Below are some of the more noteworthy Muslim mosques constructed after 1947 in India:

Millia Masjid, Bhatkal, Karnataka

India Islamic Center Delhi:
559027_540836155943785_596941301_n.jpg

Taj Mosque, Ratnagiri, Maharashtra

large_467202_sZCqYAgoBWDpj5KHTw5qgg4dC.jpg

Vizhinjam Mosque, Kerala,

2072569090_3897aea5c8_c.jpg

Palayam Juma Mosque, Thiruvanathapuram, Kerala

Palayam-Mosque.png

Masjid Khadaria, Bengaluru (Bangalore), Karnataka,

1280px-Masjid-e-Khadariya.jpg

Fakirabazar New Jumma Masjid, Karimganj, Assam

96267188_1208757466121832_1401549696719126528_n.jpg

Masjid Omar Ibn Khattab, Delhi

mg345-Delhi-monument-sanabi_No2ahSB.max-800x533.jpg

Badriya Juma Masjid, Kodi, Udupi, Karnataka,

dc-Cover-20160117043259.Medi.png

Jama Masjid, Chandigarh

3292724796_44343dbecd_z.jpg

Proposed largest mosque in India, Share Mubarak Masjid, Calicut, Kerala,

image.jpg

India should think seriously about attracting world Muslim tourism. Big bucks and good soft power pr at the same time.

It is obvious that India is one of the 4 main poles of global Islam. Both in terms of sheer number of the faithful as well as the rich historical tapestry of the land over the past 1000 years.

Not to mention scholars and theological schools of thought that impact the entire Muslim world.

@jamahir @Naofumi @Mad Scientist 2.0 @HalfMoon @xeuss @AfrazulMandal

Cheers, Doc

Are you aware that if foreigners even show on their passports that they simply "visited" Pakistan, they won't give you an Indian Visa nowadays?

Burbaks, Ullus and Ahammuks is what I call these idiots. These clueless can't even think five feet forward, forget about long term vision.
In our western part of uttar pradesh ie UP you will find villages full of muslims from mughal stock , meerut , muzaffarnagar , saharanpur ,moradabad ,are full of moghul stock.
Hyderabad nizams were mughal.

These are the awadhi footservants, bawarchee, khansama and at most sheresta-daars of the high class Mughals left in India, who could not afford to move. The decent high class Mughals all moved to Pakistan and some to Bangladesh as well. Why be 2nd class when you can be top of the heap?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom