What's new

16th December Dhaka Fall...Khoon k Dhaage Dhulain gey kitni Barsatoo k Baad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some points for guys who think lets forget it.

1. What have we learnt as Pakistanis?
2. Were any steps taken i.e. Coutmartialled any Armed Forces personnels/ Penalized any Political leaders/ reshaped & changed our mind set/ Does our intel agencies took the correct steps to negate any future bloody issues .... (In my opinion 'none')

We as a nation are going further down. What can you expect from a nation who knowingly allows traintors & backstabbers to sit and govern us & even let them protect us (if they are really doing it). The list is too long. Just think & cry if we really have any morality & sanesness left - Which I doubt.

Thks
learn from mistakes is another thing and this apology drama on every year is another thing .
I agree we as a nation did not learn a lesson from 71 incident but it does not mean that you will learn from apologizing every year .
why they dont apologize for crimes done by them ? why dont you ask them to apologize ?
Learn from mistakes but you should keep in mind the honor of our nation . Apologizing on daily basis will make you a joker nothing else .
BTW its you , me and us who elected these idiots as our leaders and its us who vote for Bhutto after 71 so we should change ourselves rather apologizing

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

bangalis want we add apology in national anthem in prayers and also every day morning PTV should start from apology :rofl:
lagta hai waqat k sath sath humari nation self respect b bhoolti ja rahi hai . har aik ku dialogue mar kar hero bananay ka shoq charaha huwa hai

The Bengalis in East Pakistan had greater affinity towards their ethnic identity than their nationalistic one. The Punjabis, Pakhtuns, Sindhis, Balochis, Kashmiris, Hazaras have never demanded their languages be the national languages of Pakistan. They have learned & adopted Urdu, & accept Urdu as their national pride. They proudly accept & speak Urdu today.

If 1971 had not happened in 1971, it would have happened later. It was never a feasible model having the East surrounded by enemy territory in all four directions, & being separated from it by 1500 miles.

Pakistan is a young country, it is still shaping itself up everyday. Even the US had a civil war in Gettysburg where the South wanted to separate from the North & form a separate nation. The Sindhi, 'Mohajir', Pakhtun, Balochi, Hazara, even the Punjabis have faced severe injustices in this country (sometimes more than the Bangla people), but there has hardly been any secessionist movements, on the same level as the Bangla people. The Bangla people had their justified grievances against West Pakistan "converted" into secessionist ones.

The Pakistani people brought the Musharraf dictatorship down a few years ago, they did not start the secessionist movement like the Bangla people did. The Pakistani people today, despite the various grievances they have had, have always thought of the importance of the country & their nationalistic identity over their ethnic one, this is the difference between the Bangla people & the Pakistani people. The Pakistani people have used legal means to empower themselves, they feel Pakistan is their country & they own a part of this country, & have a stake in it.

ANOTHER SCUM THREAD!

why mate ? just because it deals with an ugly chapter of your history?
"those who don't learn from history , tend to repeat it ."

you were not even born . when it happened . learn from it , move on and make your country a better place . but don't condemn something which happened in the past without accepting your own part in it .

Sarmila Bose's book on the 1971 Bangladesh War -- Dead Reckoning -- has triggered a heated debate about the myths and realities of the conflict that had engulfed East Pakistan, West Pakistan and India.
Bose, a former political journalist, is currently a senior research fellow at Oxford.

Dead Reckoning questions many of the facts and figures that have been held sacrosanct in both Bangladesh and India, including the number of people killed by the Pakistan army during the 'genocide'.

Her assertion that Bengalis were equally involved in the bloodshed, against non-Bengali Bangladeshis and supporters of Pakistan, has infuriated many historians and academicians

In an e-mail interview with Rediff.com's Sanchari Bhattacharya, Bose discusses how she chronicled one of the most violent periods in South Asian history and the extreme critical reactions her book has received.

What prompted you to write a book questioning the accepted truths about the Bangladesh War?

I didn't start out with the intention of writing a book questioning the accepted truths about the 1971 war. It was quite the opposite: I started out with the intention of finding detailed information about particular incidents during that conflict which I expected would help document and reinforce the accepted truths, as you put it.

It was only after I started the work that I found that the stories on the ground were much more complicated and differed in important ways from the story which we had grown up believing.
--------------------------------------------
Dead Reckoning is her book in which she explains many things . And she stated that the number of bangalis killed are exaggerated many times from original number which is much low

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom