What's new

12th Oct; Black day in Pakistan's political history !

Actually, Leader, my mom's thesis's on Yahya, I've read in detail about him. Our history needs a complete revision: Yahya is unfairly blamed by both Pakistani and Bangladeshi narratives as the arch enemy. He kept screaming at Mujib and ZAB to reach a conclusion and political understanding. The Air Marshal of the time also told ZAB that in any case the AL agenda would need majority (2/3rds) approval and he along with other parties could thwart much of it but in the constitution. ZAB did not budge and neither did Mujib. It was much their egos as much as our history and wrong homework that divided us. As for Yahya, he hated every minute in power, wanted to let go of it ASAP. He was one of the most celebrated soldiers in the British Indian Army and PA, having risen very quickly in the ranks more so on his soldering than networking. He was duped.

Secondly, Leader, no 'external' threat has killed half a million Pakistanis. These guys have, so how much more do you want to die before we're convinced that they're the greatest threat to our State? India could not thwart us from constructing roads in Kashmir, they actively destroyed our government buildings all over Pakistan.

Yahya.... the name is general yahya, dictator of the time, who backed Bhutto over Mujeeb and didnot call the session of assembly which led to confrontation between the mandate of the people of Pakistan with power hungry General !

had it not been stupid General Yahya and the criminal military operation, Bangladesh would have definitely been East Pakistan today !

No they are not, not to the State. the only threat to the State of our size and power is external enemy likes of US designs, not their proxies or internal militant or rebellion challenges !

By treating the symptom disease cannot be cured. Similarly, one should not go by the face value of what happened; but look at the root cause. In this case instigators. History is witness that downfall of empires have taken place due to wrong suggestions by advisors and aides. More important is the role of opportunists who are always present with the ruler as their aides and advisors. Remember, countries are not run by single person. A whole hierarchy operates behind the scene. If one person could have been capable, there was no need to have structures in political, bureaucratic, judicial, administrative or military setups. Yahya could not have done anything alone, it was ZAB who enticed him into taking such decision.

hahahahah..... :omghaha:

Well I guess ignorance really does not have a limit ..

tell me about it, but glad that you realized it, its first step towards improvement, wish you luck !

hahahahah..... :omghaha:

tell me about it, but glad that you realized it, its first step towards improvement, wish you luck !

Good to see that you have realized your flaw buddy .. I Hope you will recover soon.

bloody hell - what the eff have we come down too? @Leader is this what you call democracy??? because the problem is I don't see one.
One one end I see YOUR leader Imran Khan chanting slogans against rigging in polls and calling PMLN leader as Democratic Dictator - and on the other side you have such views - make up your mind whether its the Military you hate or the Dictatorship.

Talking about Black day- then my dear there are many other dates which have been left out which were much darker than 12th oct 1999, 90s election where NS was elected through IGI was a much darker day or shall i say the darkest day was when we lost Bangladesh?????

Military leadership made mistakes and it is because of such acts we are at this point BUT they were not alone in this all - YOUR leader supported him back then.

Tell me one good thing that was done in last 6 years?
5 years down the road and yet we can't decide about Local Body Govt.....
Who setted up NAB? National Recouncilation Buearue, local govt system of 2002, devolution plan, Good thing about Military generals is they woop every's a$$ good and get the job done.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Dont worry you will get better soon .. I will pray for you wholeheartedly .

thanks my disease is curable, yours cancer, so wish you rest in peace zombie boy ! :lol:

bloody hell - what the eff have we come down too? @Leader is this what you call democracy??? because the problem is I don't see one.
One one end I see YOUR leader Imran Khan chanting slogans against rigging in polls and calling PMLN leader as Democratic Dictator - and on the other side you have such views - make up your mind whether its the Military you hate or the Dictatorship.

Talking about Black day- then my dear there are many other dates which have been left out which were much darker than 12th oct 1999, 90s election where NS was elected through IGI was a much darker day or shall i say the darkest day was when we lost Bangladesh?????

Military leadership made mistakes and it is because of such acts we are at this point BUT they were not alone in this all - YOUR leader supported him back then.

Tell me one good thing that was done in last 6 years?
5 years down the road and yet we can't decide about Local Body Govt.....
Who setted up NAB? National Recouncilation Buearue, local govt system of 2002, devolution plan, Good thing about Military generals is they woop every's a$$ good and get the job done.....

Not the fault of democracy if you understand it, but of our own choices.. if you wish, you need to put the house in order,by making better choices collectively, rather than to seek submission to the people with weapons who see opportunity to seize power and destabilize the State system with their adventurism, which reciprocate into weakening the State and its institutional harmony, separation of power and balance of power, let alone the shame it brings to Pakistan in international community.

the State is based on a concept that must be followed, and I as its citizen choose to elect for better or worst, but I choose, not be dictated by ugly uniformed men hired to do a job they always failed aka 48, 59,65, 71, 84, 99 and still counting !

Today on 12th october 1999, the military general pervaiz musharraf over threw the people's elected representative govt of Mian M. Nawaz Sharif and sat himself as the military dictator and ruled the country illegal and then rectified himself through the PCO order till was sent forcefully out by lawyer's movement.

his rule over the country, despite economic progress made under his dictatorship, is marked as dark period of the country, as dictators have always coup the elected governments in Pakistan by the force of military institution.

hoping for democracy to continue and the military to learn its lesson and donot repeat its mistakes and let the system run.

as a pakistani i would choose our military dictatorships of corrupt civilians any day!
until our population is educated and most of our fellow pakistanis are out of poverty i think pakistan should stick to a military dictatorship if possible.

Agreed 100% Capt. It's just sad here that our politicians could not get to that point. I'm glad we're finally here! Other guys have their own opinions and I respect that but this is my opinion :) and I hope Pakistan moves forward in this direction!

@jaibi; you know, I'd say that Gen.Kiyani has been one of Pakistan's greatest Democrats, and one that the Quaid-e-Azam would have been proud of. A leader who helped to bring Pakistan that much closer to the country that Jinnah dremed to create. The only pity is that it took so long to happen, but on the other hand is the beautiful irony that a 'man in uniform' worked towards making that happen.

I wonder what all our dear colleagues here who have shouted themselves hoarse to condemn Democracy will say about that, ehh?
:azn: ;)

due to this day pakistan got to see 8 wonderful years for economy, image of Pakistan .... although he was illegitimate President.

Back
Top Bottom