What's new

12 dead and 14 hurt in cross-border Afghan shelling in Chaman

How do you explain the ban on cow-slaughter and Azaan by Sikhs in Punjab and Kashmir? Azaan and beef-eating was not specific to Mughals. "Musla", a derogatory term akin to nigger, was coined by Sikhs for Muslims and from what i have read they also used it for Punjabi Musalman. They were simply religious fanatics of anti-Muslim sentiments. If they made alliances with Muslim chieftains some times, it was for convenience and gains. They were particularly notorious for demolishing and desecrating mosques. 18th century Baluch source "Jang-namah" says that Sikhs once came as far as Dera Ghazi Khan and desecrated a mosque and shrine of a saint there . Mir Naseer Khan Brahui on hearing these prepared a lashkar of Baluchs and set out to pursue the Sikhs. When Peshawar city was under their occupation they demolished the mosque at Gor Khatri and replaced it with a Sikh temple. These were not Mughal constructions. In Kashmir the punishment of eating beef was death sentence by hanging or stoning and they also demolished number of mosques there. Cow is not sacred in Sikh religion, it was just an excuse to go after Muslims. In 1709 a large Sikh force of Banda Singh entered Saharanpur (U.P). "Sikhs put to sword the entire population of peerzadas in the Behat town north of Saharanpur. The victims were executed on the charge of cow-slaughter. [G.R.C. Williams 'The Sikhs in Upper Doab']
Mian Babban history is full of distortion and bias so let me tell you that I oppose every single ruler of past whether Muslim, Hindu, Sikhs, arab ,afghan, British Punjabi, Mughal etc who ever oppressed innocent people and did aggression and injustice on them in the name of religion or political power. Islam is against injustice and oppression and you should know that political war culture in past was quiet different compare to ethics and norm of modern society . slavery was norm at one time but now its been abolished.

This discussion about past is quiet irrelevant . I am more concern about what is happening in my country during my time and I do see that those who are butchering our kids in school and blowing up our innocent people are not Sikhs but they are mostly afghans who involve in it some way or others . I personally did not witnessed that any Sikhs ever bashed my national identity Pakistan or my ethnic identity Punjabi and I will never say that we don't have Sikhs out there who are anti Pakistani or anti Muslims because I cannot speak for all . I bet there will be also some sensible Afghans out there who are good Muslims and don't hate others Muslims on ground of nationalism or ethnic differences even though I did not met any sensible one yet

I was sharing and comparing my own personal interaction with Sikhs and Afghans. My real life experience shape my opinion for others so your experience might be different. I found afghan as racist and arrogant who don't respect our country and always attempt to create this divide between different ethnic groups of Pakistan for political agenda. They still call Punjabi Muslims as inferior dark son of Hinuds when Pakistani Punjabi have been embraced Islam from generation after generation and Islam take dominance over their national or ethnic identity

It is good lets settle this and focus on the real enemy. No one is going to give Afghan an inch of territory every one knows that.
Just agreeing to reviewing demarcation is a victory for drug barons. I dont talk with people about my property. Do I?

@imadul , my dear friend, our Paks are Peoples of Heart... call it temperament or Passion or whatever... they are generous to their Core and Think with their Heart.

Let us be grateful that Pak Strategists are calm like K2 and know how to weigh both dangers and opportunities...

How else Pak has survived so long?

We are in for a long game here.. no short term petty gains...
Why gain an inch and loose a Mile?

Silly.

You just look at the map of Pak and I am sure you will SEE many Miles...

I say again... the Tribes are the First Line of Defence... and those who live on the 'other' side are to be given Pak citizenship...when this concensus is done with.

This way only these Pak Citizens would/should be allowed to come into Pak through the checkposts... it will solve many things in current state of affairs..and in the long run will reap many Fruits.

For now Cold Hearted Calculus is the need of the hour... all energies must go into chopping the head of the Snake and not fiddeling with its tail.

I have Faith in Pak State and Pak planners... they make many blunders, repeat many a mistake... in the end they always pull Giant White Rabbits from their invisible hats...

Pak needs to remain focused on snake's head and Kashmir. All else is distraction.

Young posters are reacting in a natural manner. And rightfully so... it only goes to show how much they love their Pak. Good thing!
Giving kins on the other side of the line Pak CNIC, and passppr will be a master stroke and automaticaly Pak will have right to defend its citizens. That will make few things complicated but RAW dancing puppets will not have much answer.
Thank you, @Sinopakfriend .

Last October a JF 17 crashed on its maiden flight. Does not mean it is an unproven technology.
Heck Core i3 processors even fail to this date. Does not mean they are faulty by design.
No such news plz share a reliable source like some international air enthusisat site or CNN bbc not Indian propaganda if that news wasn't pressed released to Pak media how come Indian media got it simple answer false news on some Indian site or cheap cable channel :)

Fantastically well informed.

Provincial governor’s spokesman Ataullah Khogyani said the rockets landed in Torkham Township, leaving a driver of a truck dead.

He said four trucks were burnt after the mortar rounds landed on them and another driver was wounded.

Khogyani further added that the shelling started around 7 am local time and continued for several minutes.

http://www.khaama.com/afghan-civili...ocket-attack-from-pakistan-in-nangarhar-02721

An excerpt from an article published on Saturday at 10:30am on khamma.

Again I must say. You are very well informed of this incident whatever you have posted about this incident has been the truth.

The most interesting part I would like to draw everybody's attention. The post was made at 12:30 am by spring onion yet in the article the official states that the shelling which resulted in this incident of burned trucks, started at 7 am.

So either spring onion has the power to see the future, a topic far more fascinating to discuss, or they are liars and their officials are hiding many things.

@Arsalan @Icarus @Zibago @Hell hound

@Spring Onion . . . . . . . . . . . . har khabar par nazar!!
:lol:

Well this one was pretty accurate as well. :) Thanks for sharing this with us @Spring Onion :)

@Spring Onion . . . . . . . . . . . . har khabar par nazar!!

Well this one was pretty accurate as well. :) Thanks for sharing this with us @Spring Onion :)

wo actually mujhe tralar ki angrezi samjh nai aa rahi thi main truck likna cha rahi thi par socha koi rondoo iss pe aitraz karay ga to main nay vehicles hee likh diya :P ab tralar smjho ya truck har banday ki apni marzi .

yes that was accurate information no exaggeration.
Those trucks belonged to shinwari and utmanzai tribes

So we have 3 fronts now iran , india and Afghanistan.. not ideal case scenario
The other two fronts Iran and Afghanistan are due to India. We need to minimize India's "bad" influence in Iran and Afghanistan. They are not our eternal enemies.

As an American I see absolutely no difference between Afghans and Pakistanis. You guys are a bunch of idiots warring over issues created out of thin year !
You people have some kind of problem. You also think India and Pakistan are also the same peoples. I think Pakistan should give mil. bases to Russia on Pak-Afghan border to clear your vision.

wo actually mujhe tralar ki angrezi samjh nai aa rahi thi main truck likna cha rahi thi par socha koi rondoo iss pe aitraz karay ga to main nay vehicles hee likh diya :P ab tralar smjho ya truck har banday ki apni marzi .

yes that was accurate information no exaggeration.
Those trucks belonged to shinwari and utmanzai tribes
Well you did got the message across and that is what matters!! Thank you for that. :)

By they, i hope this wont effect the Shinwari hotels in Pakistan, there food is heaven!! Yum! :D

As an American I see absolutely no difference between Afghans and Pakistanis
Reading you post uptil here i though the next words will be "That is why we bomb kids, women, and men of both of your alike". However it turns out that you were saying:

You guys are a bunch of idiots warring over issues created out of thin year !
This is much better. :)

So the Saga continues

Survey of two border villages continues

QUETTA: Officials of Pakistan and Afghanistan continued the geographical survey of villages located on the two countries’ border near Chaman in the presence of military troops from both sides on the second consecutive day on Tuesday.

However, there are reports that the Afghan officials, who had earlier agreed in a flag meeting held between military officials of the two countries on Sunday that they would consider and consult Google maps in the survey of the border villages, have now declined to use these maps.

Sources said that both sides consulted Google maps on Monday in the survey. According to them, the maps have proved that the two villages which the Afghan officials had claimed to be controversial are located in Pakistani territory. However, they added, on Tuesday the Afghan officials refused to accept Google maps.

Reports say Afghan officials refuse to accept Google maps
The sources said the officials of the two countries also used military maps during the survey. Pakistani and Afghan officials visited each others’ sides of the border for conducting the survey during which senior military officers were present on the border, they confirmed to Dawn.

The survey will continue for another two to three days after which military officials of the two countries would prepare their separate reports for their respective governments. Official sources said that the governments of the two countries would take a decision in view of those reports. They said Islamabad had already clarified to Kabul that the two villages — Killi Luqman and Killi Jahangir — were located on Pakistani soil.

In the flag meeting, the Pakistani military officials presented some documents, including Pakistani National Identity Cards of tribesmen who live in the two villages, and also showed record of the population census held in Pakistan in March 1998. Names of those residents of the two villages were registered in the 1998 census.

Meanwhile, situation in Chaman town remained calm on Tuesday.

Though the border has been closed for five days, Pakistani authorities allowed some Afghan nationals to cross into their country from Killi Luqman and Killi Jahangir. But no Pakistani on the Afghan side was allowed to cross into Pakistan.

Fully agree. A significant response is needed here. One that will send a solid message across. Firing or shelling back is a weak response.

Air strikes deep into Afghan territory is the way forward, but I don't see it happening. Pakistan is satisfied with a reactionary response which is a terrible strategy.

I hate to say it, but the rag tag Afghans have really set the tone here. They are firing at will. Had Pakistan really shown intent after the killing we would have responded in kind by now. It hasn't happened and that doesn't bode well.
QJB has disappointed many here.

Fully agree. A significant response is needed here. One that will send a solid message across. Firing or shelling back is a weak response.

Air strikes deep into Afghan territory is the way forward, but I don't see it happening. Pakistan is satisfied with a reactionary response which is a terrible strategy.

I hate to say it, but the rag tag Afghans have really set the tone here. They are firing at will. Had Pakistan really shown intent after the killing we would have responded in kind by now. It hasn't happened and that doesn't bode well.
QJB has disappointed many here.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom