What's new

11 childhood games today's kids are unlikely to play

@jaatram ever played lagori?

lagori_p_041113.jpg

oops! :oops: Is it called Pitthu back home?
Honestly speaking I dont know...I used to describe what I wanted to play than say its name :ashamed: I guess if you visit home once a year.....names were tough for me :(

Last edited:
Played lots of these:

- is this like hopscotch?
41fie4UxguL.jpg

- classic but I think really young kids still play this

What about skipping ropes:

US_Navy_030303-N-9109V-006_Steel_Beach_picnic_aboard_USS_Saipan.jpg

I was like WTH....Fries bhi unkay, kisses bhi unki now ropes bhi? :o:

I also played something called lompat getah zero point

lopatgetoh.jpg

lompat-karet.jpg

images

IMG_1861.jpg

You can call anybody you want, friends, siblings, or families to play with. This type of game require 3 or more players. If the number of players exceeding 5, they need to divided into two groups. The opposition need to hold the end of the line while the other team need to jump over the line. It will started by holding it on the floor level and it will arise according to their success of jumping over the rope.

The team who is jumping over the line are prohibited to touch the line with hands or feet, but when the level of the line is above their head, an exception will be made. The playing team can stretch down the line until the height he desire. He then still need to jump over the line without the feet touching the rope. If he failed to do so, he will be considered as lose. There's more. Every successful jump, must be accompanied by the word "Zero Point" or else they will be penalised and considered lose.
Nice,very well done.Professional post as they would say.
Another one I recall is called 5 stones or something...

021.jpg

If you think five stones is old school, check out how the game was played in the 1980s – literally with five stones. That was also how the game originated.

How to play: Toss all five stones on a surface. Then, throw one in the air, pick up another and catch both before they land on the ground. Do this for every other stone. Repeat the process, but with two stones this time round. Repeat again by throwing more stones and catching them. Detailed gameplay can be found

How to Play Five Stones: 6 Steps (with Pictures) - wikiHow

Pick up sticks:
Another classic,i remember when we had nothing to do back in the days we would often play this with our bagis(cousins),good times.
Yo-yo

Essentially a coiled length of string looped around an axle. Looks easy to master but it’ll take a while. Noobs always seemed like they were unrolling toilet paper instead of controlling the yo-yo with swag. You can even perform yo-yo tricks on it, just don’t end up like him…

How to play:
Throw the yo-yo downwards, hit the end of the string, then wind it up towards your hand and grab the yo-yo. Repeat.
Yo-yo would often make my little brother cry,he broke many in anger.I was an expert in Yo-yo,could do tricks too.

Ooo I also had this in my police set:

ohtidakmemori80an25.jpg
We use to buy these little beauties on Eid,when my mom would often give me money and i could spend it.You would remember 'Chare wali gun':p:.
I liked sling shots:

lastik+getah.jpg
I loved sling shot, i still remember i wasn't able to pull when i was a kid,the rubber used to be so tough to pull.
This movie ,lolz.
@WAJsal Damn. Good old days. By the way, have you guys counted in n Goldspot King. Bombay guys of 90s would know..
??????????
Uno.jpg

Ho many of you remember these two?
One of the best card games. :D
I loved UNO,thanks for the share.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom