What's new

100 Toyota Pakistan cars handed over to Sri Lankan Police

Well in Pakistan many firms including HIT convert them into bullet proof.

Since they were handed over to the Police.I believe they might be modified to be bullet proof
:disagree: brother they cant b bullet proof as these are for cops they need fast cars.bulletproof adds tonnage and speed is affected unless u changed car from inside too!

Are these the top variants of the Pakistani made Corolla, or the basic xli variant with no safety features whatsoever? Also, have these cars been donated to the Sri Lankan Police, or were they purchased from Indus Toyota? If it's the latter, I reckon the Lankans paid a high price for a not-so-great product (quality/fit and finish-wise), unless I've missed something of course.

Are these the top variants of the Pakistani made Corolla, or the basic xli variant with no safety features whatsoever? Also, have these cars been donated to the Sri Lankan Police, or were they purchased from Indus Toyota? If it's the latter, I reckon the Lankans paid a high price for a not-so-great product (quality/fit and finish-wise), unless I've missed something of course.

Lankans got ripped, they have no idea how to do business :disagree:

PakistanCars_04.jpg

PakistanCars_07.jpg

PakistanCars_08.JPG

can civilians in pakistan buy bullet proof toyotas?
Yes they can modify their cars to be bullet and shrapnel resistant, there is no such thing as ''bullet proof'''.....
I saw a website offering such services to ''government officials, head of state, business executives, or any other individuals who perceives a threat ''.

New Police cars will be Toyota Corolla (Altis) ?

spd_20100611124427_b.jpg

Here's the cars we got from Pakistan. It's black colour cars.

Army_and_Police_get_new_Cars_20140219_06p4.jpg

I saw red corolla police patrol cars inducted for the military police few days ago.

Can't sell, why not just give away for free- pakistani capitalism 101.

Army and Police get new Cars
One hundred brand new cars were handed over to the Army and Police at a ceremony held in Colombo today (19th February).

Secretary Defence and Urban Development Mr. Gotabaya Rajapaksa handed over the fleet of 100 Toyota Corolla Altis cars to the Commander of the Army Lieutenant General Daya Ratnayake and to the Inspector General of Police NK Illangakoone to be used for official purposes.

The cars manufactured in Pakistan by a local company in collaboration with Toyota Corporation were provided to Sri Lanka under a special Pakistan line of credit. It has fulfilled a long felt need of the two services.

The High Commissioner of Pakistan in Sri Lanka H.E. Maj Gen (Retd) Qasim Qureshi, Secretary to the Ministry of Law and Order Maj Gen (Retd) Nanda Mallawarachchi, Defence Attach‚ of the High Commission of Pakistan and a large gathering of tri-service officers were present at the occasion.

Army_and_Police_get_new_Cars_20140219_06p6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom