What's new

'1 in 4 Israelis would consider leaving country if Iran gets nukes'

Cheetah786

PDF VETERAN
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Some 23 percent of Israelis would consider leaving the country if Iran obtains a nuclear weapon, according to a poll conducted on behalf of the Center for Iranian Studies at Tel Aviv University.

Some 85 percent of respondents said they feared the Islamic Republic would obtain an atomic bomb, 57 percent believed the new U.S. initiative to engage in dialogue with Tehran would fail and 41 percent believed Israel should strike Iran's nuclear installations without waiting to see whether or how the talks develop.

"The findings are worrying because they reflect an exaggerated and unnecessary fear," Prof. David Menashri, the head of the Center, said. "Iran's leadership is religiously extremist but calculated and it understands an unconventional attack on Israel is an act of madness that will destroy Iran. Sadly, the survey shows the Iranian threat works well even without a bomb and thousands of Israelis [already] live in fear and contemplate leaving the country." Women are more fearful than men that Iran will obtain nuclear weapons: 83 percent of female respondents said they fear such a scenario in contrast to 78 percent of men; 39 percent of women said they would consider leaving the country in such an event as opposed to 22 percent of men.

Age was also a factor for respondents: 89 percent of those aged 42 and above said they were fearful of a nuclear Iran, in comparison to 61 percent of those aged 18 to 41.

Some 80 percent of left-wing voters and 67 percent of right-wing voters expressed deep concern over a nuclear Iran. Respondents describing themselves as centrists were the most fretful, with 88 percent saying they feared Iran would obtain the bomb.

The poll was conducted among 509 people representative of Israel's adult population.
'1 in 4 Israelis would consider leaving country if Iran gets nukes' - Haaretz - Israel News

Israel isn't stupid, they wont let iran get the bomb.

i think that for its size its a/f the 2nd best in the world.

if the US had an a/f of 420 it'd be #1 still due to high tech and good pilots. but Israel would be #2 for sure.

also iran just needs to stop with all the threats and let Israel live in peace.

and maybe israel should stop killing palestinians and give them back their land and let them live in peace. how arrogant can the world be; they ask palestinians to stop fighting and let israel's bombing continue unabated; pure hypocrisy...

if it was 1000 israelis killed im sure the world would have gone bonkers on iran and decimated gaza with a nuke by now...

israel is just putting a show by threatening iran. the 2nd best airforce in the world couldnt do **** about hezbollah; they're talking about taking on iran; what a show that'll be :pop:

Israel isn't stupid, they wont let iran get the bomb.

i think that for its size its a/f the 2nd best in the world.

if the US had an a/f of 420 it'd be #1 still due to high tech and good pilots. but Israel would be #2 for sure.

also iran just needs to stop with all the threats and let Israel live in peace.

Could you please post the threats issued by Iran against any one and also the last country Iranians attacked cause i can sure post 1000s of threats issued by Israel and wars started by Israel its about time Israel started respecting her neighbors.

Oh by the way if its was that easy for Israelites to take out Iranians nukes they would have done it by now.I guess some one has a selective memory as how soon you forgotten Israelies got a can of a.s.s whopping from hizbullah so Zip it.

Israeli media tend to sensationalize things. Iran is signatory to CTBT and NPT that doesn't allow manufacturing of nuclear weapons. Moreover, this statement has been made by Iranian spokesperson time and again. IAEA have mentioned there is no proof of an Iranian nuclear weapons program. So why the hysteria?

By the way, I don't see how use of nuclear weapons, or any WMDs for that matter can be justified Islamically. Islam explicitly prohibits killing of civilians, women and children during combat and it would be impossible to do so with WMDs. Although in a strategic sense keeping them as a deterrent might be necessary.

Israeli media tend to sensationalize things. Iran is signatory to CTBT and NPT that doesn't allow manufacturing of nuclear weapons. Moreover, this statement has been made by Iranian spokesperson time and again. IAEA have mentioned there is no proof of an Iranian nuclear weapons program. So why the hysteria?

By the way, I don't see how use of nuclear weapons, or any WMDs for that matter can be justified Islamically. Islam explicitly prohibits killing of civilians, women and children during combat and it would be impossible to do so with WMDs. Although in a strategic sense keeping them as a deterrent might be necessary.

Iranians have repeated that over and over again its the israelies them selves that keep singing that song.

Could you please post the threats issued by Iran against any one and also the last country Iranians attacked cause i can sure post 1000s of threats issued by Israel and wars started by Israel its about time Israel started respecting her neighbors.

Oh by the way if its was that easy for Israelites to take out Iranians nukes they would have done it by now.I guess some one has a selective memory as how soon you forgotten Israelies got a can of a.s.s whopping from hizbullah so Zip it.

Yeah I can see Stinger Missiles targeted at Israeli apache helicopters but failed to launch due to inbuilt security system :taz:

Yeah I can see Stinger Missiles targeted at Israeli apache helicopters but failed to launch due to inbuilt security system :taz:

hmm; the mighty israeli airfoce bombed positions of hezbollah with LGB's; finding out minutes later that rockets were fired from the same place again... so much for the 2nd best airforce in the world; and yeah; the israelis couldn't take an inch of land from hezbollah :toast_sign:

Jordan and Egypt are the main culprits for all the Palestinian misery. Isarel could have been brought down to knees if that two countries co-operated and let the palestinians armed themeslves. 100,000 Khatusa rocket in the hand of Hamas and Fatah could have done the job long ago.

First of PAF is second to none that puts IAF in first place second of all Iran will get its nuke so therfore, if the jews want to attack well they better get ready to do so and for the ones that want to fle the country better get ready its gona be one crazy fight! although i sure do hope that none of this happens killing each is not the answer we should all towards peace if not friendship GOD help us all..

and maybe israel should stop killing palestinians and give them back their land and let them live in peace. how arrogant can the world be; they ask palestinians to stop fighting and let israel's bombing continue unabated; pure hypocrisy...

if it was 1000 israelis killed im sure the world would have gone bonkers on iran and decimated gaza with a nuke by now...

israel is just putting a show by threatening iran. the 2nd best airforce in the world couldnt do **** about hezbollah; they're talking about taking on iran; what a show that'll be :pop:

why do they want a few sqm of land back? i mean there are tons of muslim nations that will take them in. and that land originally didn't belong to them.

Jordan and Egypt are the main culprits for all the Palestinian misery. Isarel could have been brought down to knees if that two countries co-operated and let the palestinians armed themeslves. 100,000 Khatusa rocket in the hand of Hamas and Fatah could have done the job long ago.

no brother not only those but the whole spineless arab world is responsible they have the power to rule the world but are like dogs waiting for any instructions by their masters

why do they want a few sqm of land back? i mean there are tons of muslim nations that will take them in. and that land originally didn't belong to them.

under ur theory america should be given back to the indians and australia given back to the aboriginals. You can even justify Israels existance

and why do the israelis want a few sq kilometers of land? maybe they should migrate to america; all the jews are enjoying there; they will be pretty happy to live there out of the reach of muslims :cheers:

oh and the land did belong to the muslims :pop:

Back
Top Bottom