What's new

‘Kalabagh Dam vital for resolving energy crisis’ Imran Khan

Kabira

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Chairman Imran Khan said on Tuesday that by not building dams in country present and previous governments have left the people at the mercy of floods every year.

While speaking to media, he said that country can be steered out of the energy crisis if Kalabagh Dam is constructed. But all the political parties have ignored the dam to serve their own interests. He said the people are forced to face the consequences of the PPP and PML-N governments’ negligence.

Imran instructed the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government to complete the flood prevention plan and to improve the mechanism for distribution of relief supplies. He added that the KP government should prepare a plan to deal with the flood situation in Chitral and possible flood situation that could develop in other areas as well. He also directed the provincial government to impose emergency in Chitral over flood situation.

Meanwhile, the PTI chairman in a statement instructed KP Chief Minister Pervez Khattak and provincial ministers to visit the flood affected areas forthwith and extend all possible help to affectees. He further directed the provincial government to provide basic amenities to the flood affectees immediately.

He stated that the estimate of loss caused by flash flood should be worked out and all possible assistance be provided to the people entrapped in flood-hit areas. He added that the federal government should extend cooperation to the KP government in dealing with the prevailing flood situation in Chitral.

‘Kalabagh Dam vital for resolving energy crisis’

Okay I might sound dumb but..

Can anyone explain it to me what's the issue with Kalabagh dam?? Why are some people against it and not letting it build ?

Its a goddamn Dam after and will provide electricity and water storage for Pakistan, to me building it is a no brainer .

Every drowning leader plays the kalabagh dam card...

Trust me, if PTI is able to take a stance and support the federal government for the construction of Kalabagh... and if it happens... I would vote for PTI again for this single point agenda

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Chairman Imran Khan said on Tuesday that by not building dams in country present and previous governments have left the people at the mercy of floods every year.

While speaking to media, he said that country can be steered out of the energy crisis if Kalabagh Dam is constructed. But all the political parties have ignored the dam to serve their own interests. He said the people are forced to face the consequences of the PPP and PML-N governments’ negligence.

Imran instructed the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government to complete the flood prevention plan and to improve the mechanism for distribution of relief supplies. He added that the KP government should prepare a plan to deal with the flood situation in Chitral and possible flood situation that could develop in other areas as well. He also directed the provincial government to impose emergency in Chitral over flood situation.

Meanwhile, the PTI chairman in a statement instructed KP Chief Minister Pervez Khattak and provincial ministers to visit the flood affected areas forthwith and extend all possible help to affectees. He further directed the provincial government to provide basic amenities to the flood affectees immediately.

He stated that the estimate of loss caused by flash flood should be worked out and all possible assistance be provided to the people entrapped in flood-hit areas. He added that the federal government should extend cooperation to the KP government in dealing with the prevailing flood situation in Chitral.

‘Kalabagh Dam vital for resolving energy crisis’

Dont just make lip service Imran Khan Saab, pass a resolution in KPK assembly for Kalabagh dam, dont just make damn fool of us. Yet same policy of KPK govt who is against the Dam.

Dont just make lip service Imran Khan Saab, pass a resolution in KPK assembly for Kalabagh dam, dont just make damn fool of us. Yet same policy of KPK govt who is against the Dam.
You are right, the only way forward for Kalabagh is if the KPK Assembly passes out a resolution paving the way for Federal Government to take action upon. I think it should have been done when the both Federal and KPK Government came in power so both political parties has apparently supported the construction of Kalabagh dam. PPP of 2015 has mixed opinion of it where many of its frontline leaders support it, its head and segments of leadership in Sindh opposes it

Okay I might sound dumb but..

Can anyone explain it to me what's the issue with Kalabagh dam?? Why are some people against it and not letting it build ?

Its a goddamn Dam after and will provide electricity and water storage for Pakistan, to me building it is a no brainer .
Sindh thinks that Punjab will steal it's water especially in winter which is vital for Sindh irrigation. KPK says that if dam fills up, it will drown parts of Nowshera district. Both points r only political point scoring and thus false. Yet Sindh issue can be solved by granting dam control to Sindh which is agreeable by Punjab. And KPK can be solved by giving effecties alternate land by govt.

Sindh thinks that Punjab will steal it's water especially in winter which is vital for Sindh irrigation. KPK says that if dam fills up, it will drown parts of Nowshera district. Both points r only political point scoring and thus false. Yet Sindh issue can be solved by granting dam control to Sindh which is agreeable by Punjab. And KPK can be solved by giving effecties alternate land by govt.

How important is this dam to Pakistan ??? Like is it something more than just a normal dam ?

If he is serious about this and takes concrete measures regarding the construction of this dam then pti will have my support for many years to come. As the cynic that I am however I doubt Imran is being serious here.

Every drowning leader plays the kalabagh dam card...

Trust me, if PTI is able to take a stance and support the federal government for the construction of Kalabagh... and if it happens... I would vote for PTI again for this single point agenda

Imran is not a type of person who accepts defeat easily. And that is what builds trust with him.

As for Kalabagh dam, there had been reports foreign agencies funding local political parties to block its construction.

Kalabagh issue needs a political solution. Who will being the political solution? The federal govt. To me, Nawaz govt is not sincere in dealing with national issues and this dam has become a sensitive one. It needs national leader but party head as Nawaz has demonstrated it through his behavior.

Also, Nawaz would not want to rile India as his super appeasement policy almost borders on servility to the will of India.

Exactly. Khan sb, start with passing a resolution in KP assembly and then present another one in the national assembly.

Imran is not a type of person who accepts defeat easily. And that is what builds trust with him.
Aise bande ko Punjabi main crack kehte hain... Aye banda crack aye

We don't need half-mad people to rule the nation as there are so many major decisions which you have to take and Imran is too stubborn to ever compromise on his self-idolised vision. The last I heard he is still talking about negotiating with TTP as claimed in another thread posted on PDF, that is when Pakistan has moved beyond TTP and is now TTP is almost extinct.

As for Kalabagh dam, there had been reports foreign agencies funding local political parties to block its construction.

Kalabagh issue needs a political solution. Who will being the political solution? The federal govt. To me, Nawaz govt is not sincere in dealing with national issues and this dam has become a sensitive one. It needs national leader but party head as Nawaz has demonstrated it through his behavior.

Also, Nawaz would not want to rile India as his super appeasement policy almost borders on servility to the will of India.
There was a time when only PML-N used to support Kalabagh dam and the resolution against them dam were passed in all 3 remaining provinces. We witnessed so much tension due to this back in 1990s so I believe PML-N is trying to be at safe position by not pursuing Kalabagh again when you already have alternatives available.

The only reason Kalabagh is not being pursued so seriously is because we have other pending projects to complete, we already have Diamer Bhasha, Dasu, Bunji, Neelum Jhelum so many other dam and hydropower projects in the pipeline which requires billions of dollars. They probably don't want to open another pandora box anytime soon.

The most ideal time for Kalabagh was 2013/14 after a decade when there was a hope of revival for this project. That is because the most stern opposer of Kalabagh had been ANP that was completely wiped out of K-P government and PTI had openly supported this project too. Pehle only Punjab-centric parties were the supporter of Kalabagh but now we had Abdul Malik in Balcohistan who would have nullified older resolution and passed in Balochistan (and they got nothing to do with this project), PTI in KPK and PML-N in Punjab. The only opposer would have been Sindh and half the leadership of PPP is also convinced about making of Kalabagh dam

Back
Top Bottom