What's new

Why doesn't Pakistan build an aircraft carrier?

Status
Not open for further replies.
On what grounds... you could not stop US CBVG to enter Taiwan strait... while the Indian Navy didn't allow two US CBVG to enter Bay of Bengal in 71.
Has the PLAN fought any war ?... you didn't have a proper destroyer to even stand In front of US until Russians sold two Sovremenny class destroyer and Kilo subs.
Say that when you have the bigger one fully operational... as of now it doesn't even houses any plane on its deck or hangers.
May be this would give you an Idea about launching two aircraft in rapid succession on INS Vikramaditya.
gorshkov_01.jpg

20090223110953464.jpg

Mig29K take off distance is 160m for plain Runway in full AB mode.

Then yr recovery runaway will be block. You are not able to launch 2 aircraft in succession and recovery aircraft at the rapid succession in a high tempo wartime operation.... Yr small little CV can only choose launch 1 aircraft, Recover 1 aircraft , while China and Russia can choose to launch 2 aircrafts while still able to recover aircraft with the angle deck. Or launch 3 aircraft in succession.

Russian Kuznetsov is much bigger, 2 aircraft standby at front ready to be launch while it still able to allow angle deck to recover aircraft. I forget to tell you ex-varyag is same as kuznetsov...

As for Taiwan Strait, US will not do it again. Cos now is 2012, PLAN has reach a level USN will think twice about doing that again... ASBM will welcome them

I forget to tell you... PLAN has aready launch its 4th brand new 071 LDP.. Oh India? You need permission from Uncle Sam to buy more old unwanted LDP to back up yr fleet.. LOL..

Our 071 is able to sail thru yr Bay of Bengal and assault yr shore.

China has its own GPS system which has already operation covering most of Asia Pacific including whole of India. So we can have precision bombing on any part of India. While India either beg Russia or US to allow you to access their GPS. So pathetic, always need to depend on other people. Can India for God's sake stand on yr own and don't always depend on others?

Ain't India also buy its destroyer from Russia? Haha.. I forget to tell you soon, we will have total 8 indigenous 052C destroyer joining the fleet in 2012. 4 of them already commission.

Then yr recovery runaway will be block. You are not able to launch 2 aircraft in succession and recovery aircraft at the rapid succession in a high tempo wartime operation.... Yr small little CV can only choose launch 1 aircraft, Recover 1 aircraft , while China and Russia can choose to launch 2 aircrafts while still able to recover aircraft with the angle deck. Or launch 3 aircraft in succession.

Russian Kuznetsov is much bigger, 2 aircraft standby at front ready to be launch while it still able to allow angle deck to recover aircraft. I forget to tell you ex-varyag is same as kuznetsov...

What you don't realize is that kuznetsov or any Carrier housing a plane as Big as Su33 would have problem with launching the Aircraft in rapid succession... They require a lot of time in maintenance and preparation for launch... they also are very heavy and recovering them is a very tough job for on deck staff... Let me show you what have happened with Su33 in Past.
There's reason why even Russian Navy is switching for Mig29K on their Carrier... Su33 Type planes are suited for far bigger carrier and with their servicebility issues and time between takeoffs improved.

As for Taiwan Strait, US will not do it again. Cos now is 2012, PLAN has reach a level USN will think twice about doing that again... ASBM will welcome them

I forget to tell you... PLAN has aready launch its 4th brand new 071 LDP.. Oh India? You need permission from Uncle Sam to buy more old unwanted LDP to back up yr fleet.. LOL..

Our 071 is able to sail thru yr Bay of Bengal and assault yr shore.

Indian Navy has Such Ships before even PLAN had a proper Airdefence Ship.. :lol:

INS Jalashwa (formerly USS Trenton (LPD-14))
INS Shardul (L16) (4 January 2007)
INS Kesari (L15) (5 April 2008)
INS Airavat (L24) (19 May 2009)
INS Magar (L20) (15 July 1987)
INS Gharial (L23) (14 February 1997)

1st Get It operational then talk about sailing anywhere.. :lol:

China has its own GPS system which has already operation covering most of Asia Pacific including whole of India. So we can have precision bombing on any part of India. While India either beg Russia or US to allow you to access their GPS. So pathetic, always need to depend on other people. Can India for God's sake stand on yr own and don't always depend on others?

Ain't India also buy its destroyer from Russia? Haha.. I forget to tell you soon, we will have total 8 indigenous 052C destroyer joining the fleet in 2012. 4 of them already commission.

How many satellites does China have in it's constellation.... Indians never went Begging to Russia for their Destroyer when US Electronic Attack aircraft jammed all the communication links in the entire Military region of Nanjing.

Here have a look at Kolkata class Area Air Defense Destroyer with 64 VL Barak II SAM having the capability to engage targets as far as 80-100km with very high precision along with 32 Barak I SAM for CIWS... and about 16 Brahmos CMs for Anti-Ship and Land attack roles... Much more Fire power as compared to PLAN Type 52C.
INS1.jpg

Not to mention the Project 15B which would more Stealthy be far lethal with Hypersonic Brahmos and Anti-BM defense Barak-NG SAMs.

Last edited by a moderator:
What you don't realize is that kuznetsov or any Carrier housing a plane as Big as Su33 would have problem with launching the Aircraft in rapid succession... They require a lot of time in maintenance and preparation for launch... they also are very heavy and recovering them is a very tough job for on deck staff... Let me show you what have happened with Su33 in Past.
There's reason why even Russian Navy is switching for Mig29K on their Carrier... Su33 Type planes are suited for far bigger carrier and with their servicebility issues and time between takeoffs improved.

Indian Navy has Such Ships before even PLAN had a proper Airdefence Ship.. :lol:

INS Jalashwa (formerly USS Trenton (LPD-14))
INS Shardul (L16) (4 January 2007)
INS Kesari (L15) (5 April 2008)
INS Airavat (L24) (19 May 2009)
INS Magar (L20) (15 July 1987)
INS Gharial (L23) (14 February 1997)

1st Get It operational then talk about sailing anywhere.. :lol:

How many satellites does China have in it's constellation.... Indians never went Begging to Russia for their Destroyer when US Electronic Attack aircraft jammed all the communication links in the entire Military region of Nanjing.

Here have a look at Kolkata class Area Air Defense Destroyer with 64 VL Barak II SAM having the capability to engage targets as far as 80-100km with very high precisio
n along with 32 Barak I SAM for CIWS... and about 16 Brahmos CMs for Anti-Ship and Land attack roles... Much more Fire power as compared to PLAN Type 52C.
INS1.jpg

Not to mention the Project 15B which would more Stealthy be far lethal with Hypersonic Brahmos and Anti-BM defense Barak-NG SAMs.

India are expert in self denial...

Russia going to Mig-29K is becos reopening Su-33 will be more expensive. They come to this decision after china did not opt for 50 Su-33. Russia need to bear all costs. All thanks to Indian navy, co sharing to manufacture Mig-29K will be cheaper. Su-33 is bigger, more hard point and can carry heavy load. If not for the money, Russia navy will continue uses the Su-33 airframe for its fleet.

As for the ship of INS you show me, all are WWII relic. What is there to boast abt? Lol. PLAN has even more modern 072II Yuting LSD build in the 90's and far bigger than yr crap LST. Yr one and only LPD is another USN junk which they discarded called USS trenton. While China has commission 2 brand new LPD with 2 joining soon in 2-3 months time.

As for constellation, you got the bloody cheek to question me? How many India has, where is India GPS? Lol... You don't even have one and dare to laugh? Are you laughing at yr impotent? Lol. Check beidou system, it's already operAtional. I bet you don't know cos you are living in yr India world.

As for the DDG, wow. You are so eager to show me an unfinished ship? Hahaha...
Our 052C is Already Commission and serving for 5 years already. HQ-9 air defends will have an engagement of 150 Km...

Please don't humiliate yrself with junk to compare to PLAN. Especially the LST and LPD part is so funny. You show me old junk compare to our shiny and brand new amiphibious ships to prove what? More inferior? Hahaha... Thanks for letting me know INS has WWII relic. Now I will even belittle INS more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this thread on PN wanting an Air Craft Carrier or is more to do with what the Turkish Navy should look like or showing off contest between our friends from the East and the North?

Who's to say that Turkey will be in Nato forever?

Balance of power in this world is changing as we speak and Turkey may decide in the future that leaving Nato would be better for it's interests.

An industrialised Turkey of 2030, with a population approaching 100 million, may decide to make it's own way in the world.
The scenario is: Turkey increases naval strength to increase regional stability.
The point is that the increase suggested will cause exactly the opposite.
Either way, the Turks have been making their own way in the world for quite some time ..... it is an insult to them to make it sound like they are somehow puppets finally breaking free of Nato chains.

For the rest, I'm with Aamir Hussain.

India are expert in self denial...

Russia going to Mig-29K is becos reopening Su-33 will be more expensive. They come to this decision after china did not opt for 50 Su-33. Russia need to bear all costs. All thanks to Indian navy, co sharing to manufacture Mig-29K will be cheaper. Su-33 is bigger, more hard point and can carry heavy load. If not for the money, Russia navy will continue uses the Su-33 airframe for its fleet.

Su33 is already there all they need is to overhaul them.. change engine and electronics.. much cheaper than buying a whole new Mig29K for 45 million USD each.
Maintaining a plane of the class of Flanker is a tough job... and maintaining them on a Carrier is even tougher when you're 1000s of miles away from mainland in the middle of sea.
For Instance a Mig29K engine can be changed by 4 men and within couple of hours the Plane is ready and flying for operations.. while for Su33 it would take a whole week.

As for the ship of INS you show me, all are WWII relic. What is there to boast abt? Lol. PLAN has even more modern 072II Yuting LSD build in the 90's and far bigger than yr crap LST. Yr one and only LPD is another USN junk which they discarded called USS trenton. While China has commission 2 brand new LPD with 2 joining soon in 2-3 months time.

Did know they teach that WWII was faught in 70s and 80s in China.
Those Ships have taken part in real Naval wars and take part in exercise regularly and performs as per requirements of IN.
That US JunK is 10 years ahead of anything China makes even If its brand new and not bought out old project rusting out in some commie nation.

As for constellation, you got the bloody cheek to question me? How many India has, where is India GPS? Lol... You don't even have one and dare to laugh? Are you laughing at yr impotent? Lol. Check beidou system, it's already operAtional. I bet you don't know cos you are living in yr India world.

Indian GPS system is already under works... we are allowed to use GPS which is much accurate and has more coverage than any Chinese system has... same with the Russian network.
Indian Regional Navigational Satellite System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As for the DDG, wow. You are so eager to show me an unfinished ship? Hahaha...
Our 052C is Already Commission and serving for 5 years already. HQ-9 air defends will have an engagement of 150 Km...

Please don't humiliate yrself with junk to compare to PLAN. Especially the LST and LPD part is so funny. You show me old junk compare to our shiny and brand new amiphibious ships to prove what? More inferior? Hahaha... Thanks for letting me know INS has WWII relic. Now I will even belittle INS more.

The Ship gets comissioning in afew months time.
And It doesn't contain any stolen technology or copied weapon system... unlike... which doesn't even have dual seekers... and based on 20 year old SAM system.
As said earlier those shiny ships are atleast 10years behind any US junk.
And yes the Chinese History about WWII being faught in 70s and 80s is more of a joke than you.

Su33 is already there all they need is to overhaul them.. change engine and electronics.. much cheaper than buying a whole new Mig29K for 45 million USD each.
Maintaining a plane of the class of Flanker is a tough job... and maintaining them on a Carrier is even tougher when you're 1000s of miles away from mainland in the middle of sea.
For Instance a Mig29K engine can be changed by 4 men and within couple of hours the Plane is ready and flying for operations.. while for Su33 it would take a whole week.

Did know they teach that WWII was faught in 70s and 80s in China.
Those Ships have taken part in real Naval wars and take part in exercise regularly and performs as per requirements of IN.
That US JunK is 10 years ahead of anything China makes even If its brand new and not bought out old project rusting out in some commie nation.

Indian GPS system is already under works... we are allowed to use GPS which is much accurate and has more coverage than any Chinese system has... same with the Russian network.
Indian Regional Navigational Satellite System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Ship gets comissioning in afew months time.
And It doesn't contain any stolen technology or copied weapon system... unlike... which doesn't even have dual seekers... and based on 20 year old SAM system.
As said earlier those shiny ships are atleast 10years behind any US junk.
And yes the Chinese History about WWII being faught in 70s and 80s is more of a joke than you.

You can say whatever u want but you can't twist facts.

What rubbish Re u talking abt? Don't forget you also operate flanker series aircraft. Even it's expensive, china is rich and we can afford it. It's bigger and carry more load and fuel. Perfect for cv ops. It's the Russian that's broke. China is in different position.

As for the destroyer, we got type052C destroyer that is state of art , the HHQ-9 outrange yr Israel Barack. Our C-602 cruise missiles cover more than 400Km

Type 052C destroyer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Most Importantly, it's already operation for 5 years and yrs is still not even in full shape.

Type 071 amphibious transport dock - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yr ex USS Trenton is real junk. Not to mention the LST build by INS you show me. Nowadays a modern navy will not use LST but LPD or LHD.

And the Indian GPS u show me is under development. Everybody knows Indian take donkey years to develop something not to mention make it work.

Beidou navigation system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

China beidou is on trial service and cover even yr whole Indian sky. It will be fully operation of whole Asia pacific this year. In fact, right now , PLAAF can pinpoint any bomb anywhere in Indian now without Russian or US GPS.

I advise you not to post more to humiliate India arm forces more. Seems like you have not done enough homework, ranting rubbish is futile. Facts is the winner.

What's the use in acquiring an aircraft carrier when you can't protect your own borders?

Is it because the big boogey man next door has one?

You can say whatever u want but you can't twist facts.

What rubbish Re u talking abt? Don't forget you also operate flanker series aircraft. Even it's expensive, china is rich and we can afford it. It's bigger and carry more load and fuel. Perfect for cv ops. It's the Russian that's broke. China is in different position.

Yes we operate flanker series and we know that it require more maintenance and care than any plane in service with IAF.
China being rich doesn't mean that Su33 would defy Physics and perform better than what it can.
5500Kg of ordinance is enough for Aerial and Anti-ship operation If the sortie rate is Higher and Mig29K sortie rate is much-much higher than Su33 or any flanker variant.

As for the destroyer, we got type052C destroyer that is state of art , the HHQ-9 outrange yr Israel Barack. Our C-602 cruise missiles cover more than 400Km

Type 052C destroyer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Most Importantly, it's already operation for 5 years and yrs is still not even in full shape.

A subsonic Cruise missile easy to be engaged by SAMs and CIWS and even AAMs.
In Anti-ship roles you cannot see a warship beyond 250km from the battleship Radar unti you have a AEW&C system flying so the extra range is not of much importance here.
Out ranging doesn't mean that the copy of 20 year old Soviet system become a better missile.
Barak-8/LR is joint venture between Israel and India and is a much better missile than any S-300 variant and best in its class.
Yes Its not in full shape since commie regime was too eager for showoff.

Type 071 amphibious transport dock - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yr ex USS Trenton is real junk. Not to mention the LST build by INS you show me. Nowadays a modern navy will not use LST but LPD or LHD.

And why won't they use it ?.. or is it another Chinese logic you are talking about.
Again that real Junk is much better than any thing China makes even If its polished and Shiny.

And the Indian GPS u show me is under development. Everybody knows Indian take donkey years to develop something not to mention make it work.

Beidou navigation system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

China beidou is on trial service and cover even yr whole Indian sky. It will be fully operation of whole Asia pacific this year. In fact, right now , PLAAF can pinpoint any bomb anywhere in Indian now without Russian or US GPS.

I advise you not to post more to humiliate India arm forces more. Seems like you have not done enough homework, ranting rubbish is futile. Facts is the winner.

Thats only known in China and we appreciate you for knowing it as such.
As a matter of fact India can bomb any part in China without launching a single satellite and thats what called military co-operation between allies.
Better post something you know about... 3-4 years of Difference and you are riding on the fact horse..:lol:

What's the use in acquiring an aircraft carrier when you can't protect your own borders?

Is it because the big boogey man next door has one?

bro you dont need one fine we will built as many we want watch us

A subsonic Cruise missile easy to be engaged by SAMs and CIWS and even AAMs.
In Anti-ship roles you cannot see a warship beyond 250km from the battleship Radar unti you have a AEW&C system flying so the extra range is not of much importance here.
Out ranging doesn't mean that the copy of 20 year old Soviet system become a better missile.
Barak-8/LR is joint venture between Israel and India and is a much better missile than any S-300 variant and best in its class.
Yes Its not in full shape since commie regime was too eager for showoff.

Sub sonic can fly real low attitude. It can alter direction and hug terrain better. Best of all, the infra heat it emit is much much less than a mach 3 missile. Making it harder to detect.

Range of course is important. Especially for a land attack cruise missile, I can attack inland further and make my ship safer from shore defense. In attacking ship, you don't exepct your destroyer can get near PLAN CV less than 300km?

Your destroyer is slow to operation and don't blame other's eager of anything.... In fact, you are eager to show me a non completed destroyer for what? Can it sail out and take out PLAN Type 052C destroyer one on one NOW?? Hahaha...

And why won't they use it ?.. or is it another Chinese logic you are talking about.
Again that real Junk is much better than any thing China makes even If its polished and Shiny.

Are you igorance or what? LST restraint your landing spot. Making your LST nearer to enemy shore defense and slower landing compare to LPD or LHD which deploy LCAC which PLAN possess, it can land MBT quickly and can land almost any shore. High tide or low tide. LST is long outdated.

Thats only known in China and we appreciate you for knowing it as such.
As a matter of fact India can bomb any part in China without launching a single satellite and thats what called military co-operation between allies.
Better post something you know about... 3-4 years of Difference and you are riding on the fact horse..:lol:

Depend on yrself and depend on allies is a hell lot different. There is no permanent interest. They can turn their back on you and lock off the signal anytime they want. Cos the things belong to them and not India. I don't know who is riding on the fact horse, do you mean u?

Sub sonic can fly real low attitude. It can alter direction and hug terrain better. Best of all, the infra heat it emit is much much less than a mach 3 missile. Making it harder to detect.

Range of course is important. Especially for a land attack cruise missile, I can attack inland further and make my ship safer from shore defense. In attacking ship, you don't exepct your destroyer can get near PLAN CV less than 300km?

Your destroyer is slow to operation and don't blame other's eager of anything.... In fact, you are eager to show me a non completed destroyer for what? Can it sail out and take out PLAN Type 052C destroyer one on one NOW?? Hahaha...

How long can that low flying CM avoid detection....50km-30km-25km ?.. even Visual contact would give enough time to CIWS for Drilling the missile out of its path.
Who cares about Infra-red when the Radar can track it around 50km.
Where is PLAN CV ?...:lol:... 1st get it operational then talk about fighting wars with it... a group of Stealthy missile boats is also good enough.
Yes Brahmos is operational on most of the IN ships... one missile is enough to break the type 52C in multiple pieces.

Are you igorance or what? LST restraint your landing spot. Making your LST nearer to enemy shore defense and slower landing compare to LPD or LHD which deploy LCAC which PLAN possess, it can land MBT quickly and can land almost any shore. High tide or low tide. LST is long outdated.

LPD can be taken out by coastal defense Anti-ship missiles aswell artillery...same with LST..
LST can land the troop and tanks directly on the coasts.

Depend on yrself and depend on allies is a hell lot different. There is no permanent interest. They can turn their back on you and lock off the signal anytime they want. Cos the things belong to them and not India. I don't know who is riding on the fact horse, do you mean u?

That's why Indian System is being developed with 1st satellite being launch within an year.
Facts are different from what CCP defines in China.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom