What's new

Featured Three Nigerian JF-17 Almost Ready For Delivery From PAC

Brandnew and Shinny :smitten:

On a side note i haven't seen this kind of finish on our JF-17s, wonder why? Is that with each block the quality of finish is improving or just a coincidence.

Its natural.

20 years ago no body wanted to look at Chinese or Korean cars... Now in many markets they are getting ahead of Japanese.

When u keep making things u keep learning with each product cycle...

That's why off shelf buying shud be discouraged when ever possible

Brandnew and Shinny :smitten:

On a side note i haven't seen this kind of finish on our JF-17s, wonder why? Is that with each block the quality of finish is improving or just a coincidence.

Yes. The build quality has improved a lot beside what PAC has been doing in R&D area for new paint quality & material. We, the people might look at PAC as some ordinary facility but it has a lot going on under the shed.

Some media reports said that there are huge celebration in Nigeria on national TV.
Big day for Them and us.

Nigerian twitter is full of the JF-17

Credit to them, they have not had a decent air defence capability and of course have tensions with Niger and Chad over Lake Chad area, and US drones all over the skies.

This gives them some decent capability. Hopefully PAF can station some engineers there and keep the planes in good condition as in the past this has been a big weakness of NAF

Is this really the cockpit of Block II (from Defence News Nigeria) or some other plane? If it's actually Block II then it's a huge change from the Block I cockpit.
1616612606263.png

Nigerian twitter is full of the JF-17

Credit to them, they have not had a decent air defence capability and of course have tensions with Niger and Chad over Lake Chad area, and US drones all over the skies.

This gives them some decent capability. Hopefully PAF can station some engineers there and keep the planes in good condition as in the past this has been a big weakness of NAF
I think the biggest competitive Pakistan offers (versus other suppliers) is that we can provide turn-key maintenance, training and doctrinal updates.

Basically, if we treat our JF-17 customers as extensions of the PAF, we can deliver the same stock of simulators, update their training methods (in line with ours), and even call them up to optional exercises in Pakistan (or carry out said exercises in Nigeria, etc).

Not only does the end-user stay up-to-date with a major air force's training and deployment best practices (directly fed from the originating user), but it also gives the PAF the ability to station in foreign soil.

If a day comes that Pakistan engages in more impactful foreign policy endeavours (e.g., securing allies, independent peace-keeping ops in MENA, etc), that would be helpful. I'm thinking way ahead of course.

I think the biggest competitive Pakistan offers (versus other suppliers) is that we can provide turn-key maintenance, training and doctrinal updates.

Basically, if we treat our JF-17 customers as extensions of the PAF, we can deliver the same stock of simulators, update their training methods (in line with ours), and even call them up to optional exercises in Pakistan (or carry out said exercises in Nigeria, etc).

Not only does the end-user stay up-to-date with a major air force's training and deployment best practices (directly fed from the originating user), but it also gives the PAF the ability to station in foreign soil.

If a day comes that Pakistan engages in more impactful foreign policy endeavours (e.g., securing allies, independent peace-keeping ops in MENA, etc), that would be helpful. I'm thinking way ahead of course.

Absolutely 100%, this was the early US approach to with the F-16 and it's allies

Absolutely 100%, this was the early US approach to with the F-16 and it's allies
If we had a proactive foreign policy, we could really make ourselves look good.

E.g., imagine stationing the PAF in Nigeria and taking out Boko Haram (a strong CT argument), but at the same time, showing France and UK that we're in position to influence their post-colonial contacts in Sub Saharan Africa (and we're happy to loop in China).

That's how we get 'soft power' and diplomatic leverage for FATF, WA, etc. We can talk to France and US on a totally different level than India is right now (i.e., in the context of global security, not just China). It would also break us out of the perception that we only matter when Afghanistan or China matter.

We should have the mentality of being "The Next Power."

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom