What's new

Second JF-17B Prototype with more composite material undergoing flight tests

:undecided:

Now I'm even more confused ... seems as if 02 had this radome since the beginning already during its maiden flight but then got the standard metal radome?!!! :what:

All
Initial prototype fly with nose with pitot tube and non standard nose during initial testing and primer paint

All
Initial prototype fly with nose with pitot tube and non standard nose during initial testing and primer paint

Yes, but that's what I thought at first too, however after checking my image collection I found the very first image of the no. 02 prototype already during its maiden flight fitted with the pitot-less radome. So why now one with??

Yes, but that's what I thought at first too, however after checking my image collection I found the very first image of the no. 02 prototype already during its maiden flight fitted with the pitot-less radome. So why now one with??
possibly because it was the testbed and needed all its parameters recorded more diligently?
A

test conditions needs the change were met so no need
If both these b model will end up with paf then nose will be replaced if one stays as pac test Ac then perhaps the nose stays per one of the program pitot tube on the nose has some issues but also looks like required for some initial testing

:undecided:

Now I'm even more confused ... seems as if 02 had this radome since the beginning already during its maiden flight but then got the standard metal radome?!!! :what:
Only when it was added to the test program apparently.

No-one posted it here??

Largely unnoticed, the no. 03 prototype of the JF-17B performed its maiden flight at Chengdu on 3. August.

JF-17B 03 maiden flight - 20180803.jpg

But unfortunately after clloser inspection both seem to be J-11Bs only

Oh well. Must have missed that.
Anyway I'm often quite surprised that it seems to be a habit here - esp. from few certain members - to start a thread for nearly each and every interesting post, regardless if there are already several appropriate topics and regardless this information was already posted. IMO a nasty and annoying habit.

Therefore I was quite surprised that no-one posted no. 03's maiden flight in a JF-17B-related thread.

Best,
Deino

But unfortunately after clloser inspection both seem to be J-11Bs only

Oh well. Must have missed that.
Anyway I'm often quite surprised that it seems to be a habit here - esp. from few certain members - to start a thread for nearly each and every interesting post, regardless if there are already several appropriate topics and regardless this information was already posted. IMO a nasty and annoying habit.

Therefore I was quite surprised that no-one posted no. 03's maiden flight in a JF-17B-related thread.

Best,
Deino

It would be appropriate to tag the person who shared it in that section.

@fatman17

I assume the 3rd prototype indicates that PT2 did not perform as per expectations/requirements and some additional changes were needed hence PT3. But considering the original change (addition of one seat) should not require 3 prototypes (assuming they all have some changes from prior PT) unless there is more to it then what is commonly believed. @Oscar @messiach

No-one posted it here??

Largely unnoticed, the no. 03 prototype of the JF-17B performed its maiden flight at Chengdu on 3. August.

View attachment 494257

I assume the 3rd prototype indicates that PT2 did not perform as per expectations/requirements and some additional changes were needed hence PT3. But considering the original change (addition of one seat) should not require 3 prototypes (assuming they all have some changes from prior PT) unless there is more to it then what is commonly believed. @Oscar @messiach
Or its just a simple case of more test aircraft wanted for systems integration.

Not anymore at chengdu. Every block is a new jet in itself.

Hi,

You maybe be on the right track---you may not be---.

I believe that there are so many changes coming for BK 3 that 2 aircraft might not have been enough to carry out the testing.

Remember---only when a product performs beyond expectations---more of them are built.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom